What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vai Toutai

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's not ready for first grade, he dropped that first ball and after that he went to pieces.

Sphagnum

Coach
He was responsible for at least 3 roosters tries and dropped the ball twice when loko created space for him. Absolute garbage. No potential at all for mine

barney gumble

Juniors
To be fair, very tough to get a gauge on this bloke after a game like that. He still could be future star but he's not ready and confidence will be shot now, is he man enough to respond to this?

Tony Bongo

Bench
He's not ready for first grade, he dropped that first ball and after that he went to pieces.

He's not ready for 1st grade.

The problem is that there is only one way to get him ready for first grade and that is for him to play first grade. Maybe it was all nerves - who knows, but I wouldn't be writing him off yet. If he wasn't as prepared for it though as he should have been then who do you blame for that?

Eels Dude

Coach
Let him slog away in NSW cup for a while so he learned how to play against men. Way out of his depth tonight.

ParraFan09

Juniors
He's only 19 years old so plenty of time for improvement, but he's the worst winger I've seen at NRL level,
Sio & Blair are our present and future wingers IMO.

Chipmunk

Coach
He's only 19 years old so plenty of time for improvement, but he's the worst winger I've seen at NRL level,
Sio & Blair are our present and future wingers IMO.

If anything Toutai seems like a potential edge back-rower at best. Ive seen nothing in any games I have seen him in that he is anything special.

Ant

Juniors
Another major problem facing many new wingers coming into nrl, is very few of them have played much wing as juniors until maybe junior reps, 20s or sometimes nrl. Nor many under 15 club or school sides pick future nrl or NYC players on the wing, it's often the home of kids who will never make it.
So most wingers are inexperienced as it possibly the hardest position in the game to learn. As a winger your decision/ skills win and lose matches.
Not just for vai, but we need to put more value on wingers from a younger age, and teach them how to defend.

Ratchy

Juniors
He needs to go back, clearly not ready yet.

Thats the thing. He got promoted into first grade long before the kid was ready to be in the NRL because the first grade team is so weak.

It's way too early to complete destroy his playing ability like some have in here when there isn't much help around him

Joely01

Bench
FFS the guy is a kid, he had a bad game tonight, guess what he will have another 30 bad games in his career, it's how footy goes. Jeez even if we had Izzy on the wing tonight we get beat by 50. There is much bigger problems in this team then a 19yr old rookie winger.

Pazza

First Grade
Seems a bit down on confidence young toutai and might need some time back down in under 20s. I think sio would be better outside Loko ATM with Blair back on the other wing. Some of those passes that Loko threw tonight I think sio would have handled better!

Chipmunk

Coach
Another major problem facing many new wingers coming into nrl, is very few of them have played much wing as juniors until maybe junior reps, 20s or sometimes nrl. Nor many under 15 club or school sides pick future nrl or NYC players on the wing, it's often the home of kids who will never make it.
So most wingers are inexperienced as it possibly the hardest position in the game to learn. As a winger your decision/ skills win and lose matches.
Not just for vai, but we need to put more value on wingers from a younger age, and teach them how to defend.

Sounds good in theory, but there is no way you are going to get junior coaches putting players that have potential to be a future NRL player on the wing....Even in the junior reps. I think it is just one of those positions where you will have to wait until the Under 20s at the earliest.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sounds good in theory, but there is no way you are going to get junior coaches putting players that have potential to be a future NRL player on the wing....Even in the junior reps. I think it is just one of those positions where you will have to wait until the Under 20s at the earliest.

Yep, most junior teams just don't have the ability or cohesion to use quality wingers to best effect, nor to exploit a poor winger on the opposition. The unfortunate side-effect of this is that many NRL fans believe wing is a 'less important' position even at the highest level of the game.

Latest posts