What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're a better team without Gidley.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yep, its a foreign position for him that needs him to just pass the ball along more, instead of him doing it all himself. Its the same old Gids issue, he just gets too involved and puts the blinkers on

Rolla

Juniors
His service was very poor today, and as mentioned no running game to speak of.

There was only one forward pass but there could have easily been 5.

I really hope we can chalk this down to match fitness.... Otherwise we (or Bennett rather) has a serious problem on his hands.

inside_pass

Bench
To be honest I could never work out how he was always picked for origin.
He's probably a good first grade player but that's about it,an origin player he is not!

Hooch

Juniors
Said at the time this would happen after they bought Boyd.

Shame really as he had a few good years left in him at the back before he slowed down.

broncos2010

Juniors
Oh come on gidley tried his heart out yesterday guy has had hardly any match fitness and had to put a big stint in the hardest position in the game with the amount of tackles he had to make.

Give the guy some slack how many times has he saved you guys and got you the win by himself pretty much?

Gidley is a knights legend and you like it or not there will always be a starting spot for him in the team as long as he is the captain.

Joker's Wild

Coach
He's a club legend but he built that legend in an era where we had a team of nobodies, where his all encompassing style of game carried us along.

Now that we have a semblance of a working team, its tough to find a place for a guy who has built no specialty skills during his career.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
He's a club legend but he built that legend in an era where we had a team of nobodies, where his all encompassing style of game carried us along.

Now that we have a semblance of a working team, its tough to find a place for a guy who has built no specialty skills during his career.

This ^ It amazes me that he is a real possibility of being names in the Australian team.

I had a yack with a mate last year about whether Gidley should have been selected to play for NSW or not. My opinion is that he isn't suited for Origin. What makes him a good player is the fact that he has a high fitness level, is tough and will go all day. For the knights this is an asset, but for NSW every player in the team has these qualities. What makes an origin player is quality skills and a great ability to read a game. Gidley lacks this and imo this is why he shouldn't have been selected in the team in the run on side. There can be an argument made that he is suited to the Blues bench due to his ability to fill a bunch of different positions. But to be listed in the run on side I feel was a bad move.

broncos2010

Juniors
This ^ It amazes me that he is a real possibility of being names in the Australian team.

I had a yack with a mate last year about whether Gidley should have been selected to play for NSW or not. My opinion is that he isn't suited for Origin. What makes him a good player is the fact that he has a high fitness level, is tough and will go all day. For the knights this is an asset, but for NSW every player in the team has these qualities. What makes an origin player is quality skills and a great ability to read a game. Gidley lacks this and imo this is why he shouldn't have been selected in the team in the run on side. There can be an argument made that he is suited to the Blues bench due to his ability to fill a bunch of different positions. But to be listed in the run on side I feel was a bad move.

Your so disrespectful.

Haffa

He's Newcastle's Alan Tongue.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Broncos2010 isn't bipolar, he just goes the opposite of whatever the majority are saying.

BTW, who else thinks broncos2010 is a top fella and should in no way bash his head repeatedly against a brick wall?

Yosh

Coach
Is this guy holding back the team? He is on 400k plus a year and has played less than 10 games in two seasons for us... I'm not even bringing what he offers (or doesn't) on the field. Time to let him go?

jb2

Juniors
Is this guy holding back the team? He is on 400k plus a year and has played less than 10 games in two seasons for us... I'm not even bringing what he offers (or doesn't) on the field. Time to let him go?

I think so, as much as he is a Knight through and through I am convinced that his best football years have well and truly past. But with Buderus and Gower most likely gone at the end of the year we need to secure a good hooker first, Gidley if playing again should only be hooker not 6 or 7