What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2012-13 Premier League

Jason Maher

Immortal
Yes BF. When you propel the ball into the net you are guarding, it counts as a goal to the other team. Got any other blinding insights for us?

Mong

Post Whore
Haha

Jimmy doesn't talk to me directly any more. Apparently he gets too upset and complains to the mods, who subsequently tell him to f**k off.

This is his compromise. Has been for a while. Totes hilarious.

Anyway, Is the game he referred to next week midweek or the week after? Can't be too far away. Hopefully the title is wrapped up by then and your lot are in a charitable mood.

boxhead

First Grade
Yes BF. When you propel the ball into the net you are guarding, it counts as a goal to the other team. Got any other blinding insights for us?

Someone is a bit touchy :lol:
On a related note, my Facebook page was conspicuously clear of numerous ManU fans today.....que?

Big Sam

First Grade
Thatcher Football Silence Idea 'A Disgrace'

Calls to honour Margaret Thatcher with a silence at the same time as victims of the Hillsborough disaster provoke fury.

1:29pm UK, Wednesday 10 April 2013

By Paul Kelso, Sports Correspondent
Calls for a minute's silence at football matches to mark the death of Margaret Thatcher have been dismissed as "a disgrace" by the Hillsborough Family Support Group.

Two Premier League chairmen, Reading's John Madejski and Wigan's Dave Whelan, have called for the former prime minister's death to be commemorated this weekend.

But Margaret Aspinall, chair of the group that campaigned for more than 20 years for justice for the 96 Liverpool fans who died in 1989, said it would be wholly inappropriate.

Monday sees the 24th anniversary of the disaster, and the first since an independent inquiry revealed the extent of a cover-up by South Yorkshire police that sought to blame Liverpool fans for the deaths.

The Hillsborough Independent Panel report, published last autumn, also revealed Lady Thatcher's reluctance to endorse criticism of the police despite the government being aware of "damning" evidence of their role.

Adding to sensitivities around the issue, Liverpool play at Madjeski's Reading on Saturday, where a minute's silence for the victims of Hillsborough is already planned.

Mrs Aspinall, whose teenage son James died in the tragedy, told Sky News a silence at any fixtures would be "an insult".

"I think if they have a minute's silence for her at any football ground it would be an insult to all fans. We all know that Margaret Thatcher was no friend of football, everyone knew her feelings," she said.

"I do not want to speak ill of the dead because we have to consider the feelings of her family, but she was part and parcel of what we [the bereaved families] have gone through.

"I think it is a disgrace that they would want to have a minute's silence for her, an absolute disgrace."

Despite Mr Madjeski and Mr Whelan's comments, the Premier League and the FA have said there will not be silences either at league fixtures or the two FA Cup semi-finals staged at Wembley.

An FA spokesman said there was "no precedent" for silences following the death of prime ministers and that it wanted the games to remain apolitical.

The FA and Premier League position has been endorsed by the Football Supporters' Federation.

Chairman Malcolm Clarke said: "We believe the football authorities have made the right decision in not holding minute's silences this weekend.

"I think that most fans will be more concerned with marking the Hillsborough anniversary than the passing of Margaret Thatcher."

Privately, the football authorities also doubt that any silence would be respected given the antipathy that existed between the Thatcher government and football during the 1980s.

She was in power when hooliganism was at its height but her attempts to curb it, most notably the football ID cards scheme, were deeply unpopular and eventually rejected.

http://news.sky.com/story/1076219/thatcher-football-silence-idea-a-disgrace

Mong

Post Whore
Had to feel sorry for Norwich this morning, no way were arsenal the better team or deserved to win, particularly 3-1.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
We were so shite, got a lucky bullshit penalty, an OG and Walcott offside the 3rd..... i guess we spent all our luck cards in one 10 minute period.

But seriously the team needs to be

Fab
Sagna-----Kos----Mert-----Gibbs
------ Wilshere----Arteta-----
--------- Cazorla-------
----Ox-----------------Podolski
----------Walcott------

Hit them with pace as hard as you can for the first 30 minutes, could easily score 2 or 3 if everything goes to plan.

Last edited:

Big Sam

First Grade
Cardiff need just a draw against Charlton overnight to become the first team promoted from the Championship.

If they are promoted it would mean that the 2013-14 English PL would be 10% Welsh ;-)

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Cardiff need just a draw against Charlton overnight to become the first team promoted from the Championship.

If they are promoted it would mean that the 2013-14 English PL would be 10% Welsh ;-)

The more derbies and rivalries in the top flight the better. Cardiff v Swansea is another fixture to look forward to next year.

Jimbo

Immortal
The more derbies and rivalries in the top flight the better. Cardiff v Swansea is another fixture to look forward to next year.

Yep

This year's PL was a London derby-a-thon with six teams, although it looks like Rangers are gone for next year

Palace are a chance of getting up though

Mong

Post Whore
Not sure what to make of Wigan after the last couple of games, they dominated west ham in that second half like no other team has done all season, (similar to what west ham did to chelsea in the second half earlier this year on the same ground), but had next to nothing in front of goal.. Losing 2-0 was in no way a reflection of the game IMO..

The game against city it took an awesome Tevez goal to beat them..

Perhaps this is the year that their good work late doesn't generate the points to keep them up.

Haffa

They're probably going to need to win 3 of 5 to secure it. I imagine Villa may win one of their remaining fixtures.

BIY5BhrCAAApUyA.jpg

8668029475_60bce1f10c_o.gif

inzFvH1Zh8JIF.gif

So, anyone wanna guess how many weeks this filthy merkin is going to get?

The guy seriously needs to get himself checked out if he hasn't already, complete nutjob

aqua_duck

Coach
He's an absolute dog of the highest order, considering its not the first time he's done it he needs to go for at least 6 months

Here's the one with full camera view

i7tCkIpyCDiPR.gif

Ivanovic isn't even fouling him, Suarez is the one holding onto him :lol:

What on earth would posses someone to do that?

HowHigh

Coach
Liverpool started the second half amazing as soon as Sturridge was on
Shame about the Suarez hand ball but you gotta take the good with the bad I suppose

Latest posts