What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's wendell?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sailor used to be one of the more entertaining panellists on RL shows but seems to have disappeared. Has he upset someone in TV land?

Also what's with having the same hosts on both channels? Isn't their enough RL personalities for fox and ch9 to have some uniqueness?

Fire

First Grade
I think he pissed FOX Sports off with his bias toward Saints.

He still sideline commentates for FOX, but isn't really on any of their panel shows anymore.

He's also our club's ambassador.

Tone83

Juniors
His novelty wore off, dell on tv seemed like a great idea but he was soon exposed to have very little after some initial superficial charm. Seemed to buy into it himself and at some point visibly realised he was out of ideas on how to be funny or interesting in any way.

unbreaK

Juniors
I was a massive fan of Wendell when he was a player, I thought he was a bit of a toss on TV, but I accepted it because I thought it would eventually go away and he'd mature into a Gordon Tallis kind of panel member (Come across somewhat intelligent), but it never happened.

Big Pete

Referee
:lol: Gordie as an intellectual. I get what you're saying unbreak, Gordie has become more comfortable in-front of a camera and has the ability to make some good points that cut straight to the underlying issue of the topic but we all know he's the Queensland version of MG when he's on the show.

Dell never added anything. His gimmick was that he was self-obsessed and that he'd plug the Red V at any given opportunity. Aside from that, he struck me as the kind of guy who watched the odd game here or there but for the most part could care less.

Not that he's alone, most of the Footy Show crew strikes me that way too.

Robbie'o'Davis

Juniors
just out of curiosity do they still dicuss football on the footy show?!
the two times ive switched over

1 - slats and burgess were singing wonderwall
2 - beau ryan was in someones house..

da fuq

unbreaK

Juniors
just out of curiosity do they still dicuss football on the footy show?!
the two times ive switched over

1 - slats and burgess were singing wonderwall
2 - beau ryan was in someones house..

da fuq

Sometimes, the only segments I actually watch it for are 5 in the bin and them discussing the matchups for the next round, the rest is pretty rubbish.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
Hopefully gone forever. I have never seen such a self absorbed person in RL media.

A self delusional fool suffering the effects of methyl (1S,4R,5R)-3-benzoyloxy-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane-4-carboxylate no doubt.