What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels sign Josh Papalii for 2014

Ratchy

Juniors
But like Delboy said, why the fu*k did he let go of players like Inu, Mateo and Kingston, with the squad we have had since 2010, we could of really used those blokes in the roster.

Not the fact they were let go but there was no one in mind to replace them. That is the ridiculous part

84 Baby

Referee
No name dropping at all mate :lol:

I once got Sterlo, Fatty and blockers autograph at the airport. I couldn't get Rabs because he was too pissed :lol:

Top that :p
Just block the asshat. If you keep farting, the smell will never leave

boxhead

First Grade
:lol: Been there, done that...Not a name dropper at all..They are mates who have been great to me over a long period of time.
As I said, football to me is a sport..Can't see any reason at all to get upset over a bunch of overpaid blokes who chop and change teams chasing the almighty dollar.

These are some of the blokes I organised to play in town in 2011...I don't need to name drop.....:lol: I have made many football connections through my football days, through my days as a publican, through my days as a journo, and through my days as an MC at Sporting events. I treat these people as friends, I enjoy their company..and I hope they enjoy mine. I am proud of the people I know. Why wouldn't I be?
View attachment 5601

The squad includes Wilson Lo (Raiders Club doctor) Ben Roarty, Ken Nagas, Marcus Bai, Laurie Daley, Bradley Clyde, Mal Meninga, Matty Geyer, Andrew McFadden, Jason Croker, David Furner, Adam Perry, Grant Hogan (Raiders physio) Artie Beetson (coach) Mark Tookey, Bill Harrigan (referee) Quentin Pongia, Simon Woolford, Shane (Billy) Millard, Gary Belcher.....The team was the last coached by Arthur before he passed away...
Not name dropping..Just proud of my friendship with them.

View attachment 5602

So you say you aren't a name dropper, but then proceed to name drop several names in the same post. :lol:
When people rightfully point out how idiotic your posts are, you respond with crap like "everyone has the right to blah blah" and supposedly life-defining quotes. Here's a tip; I live my own life, as does everyone else here, and trying to argue with us, call us idiots, and then attempt to teach us life lessons is pathetic and stupid. Do every Eels fan a favour and f**k off to a forum that actually gives a damn about the Raiders. What part of "Parramatta Eels forum" can't you grasp? If you are attempting to take the high and mighty route, maybe common sense would dictate you leave us "hapless jokes" to our own devices when clearly you aren't going to convince us of anything?
:arrow:

parra pete

Referee
Funny post Boxhead...or should that be Boofhead..when I need a pip squeak like you to give me advice I'll flush the toilet...you hapless joke. :lol:

parra pete

Referee
just like you're not a troll or a turncoat ?

sorry, but actions speak louder than words

Don't be sorry....

Turncoat...fmd...I thought you were an adult. Turncoat? turncoat...in sport? ?????
I'm afraid you take it more seriously than I do...TURNCOAT..hahahahahahahaha...can't believe that...next you'll be calling me a tiddletat or some other juvenile name....Turncoat....hahahahahaha FMD Classic....

Ratchy

Juniors
Didn't our great CEO try and recruit Cooper?

Thats a line that keeps getting trotted out all the time which doesn't wash with me. The coach didn't want Mateo, Inu and Keating at the club for various reasons some of which include lack of discipline which i have no problem with. Surely he had some idea who was going to replace them all.

Eels Dude

Coach
Thats a line that keeps getting trotted out all the time which doesn't wash with me. The coach didn't want Mateo, Inu and Keating at the club for various reasons some of which include lack of discipline which i have no problem with. Surely he had some idea who was going to replace them all.

Why not? He admitted it himself at the time. We didn't really need a replacement for Inu because we still had a backline of Hayne, Burt, Reddy, Tahu and Grothe contracted for 2011. It was just unfortunate that after Supercoach arrived one of those decided to retire, and another one was released. Kris Keating's bench utility role was replaced with Casey Maguire, and Mateo was replaced with Maitua. But keep saying those players were never replaced...

Kornstar

Coach
Why not? He admitted it himself at the time. We didn't really need a replacement for Inu because we still had a backline of Hayne, Burt, Reddy, Tahu and Grothe contracted for 2011. It was just unfortunate that after Supercoach arrived one of those decided to retire, and another one was released. Kris Keating's bench utility role was replaced with Casey Maguire, and Mateo was replaced with Maitua. But keep saying those players were never replaced...

Someone also mentioned Kingston, it was also well documented that Schubert wouldn't let anyone take a pay cut like the players offered, our hands were tied.

I think facts are getting in the way of who we can blame.

Ando may not be blameless but FMD you would think he was the one who solely destroyed the club and the current mob who hired the worst coach in history keep deflecting and blaming everyone but themselves!

lingard

Coach
I know...and YOU know, that Daniel was sacked two years after the team was beaten in the Grand Final by a salary cap cheating Storm, because of his links with Denis Fitzgerald

He was sacked because he had no idea on recruitment (think Poore, Shackleton and Tahu and said Inu, Mateo and Keating were not first graders) and had no idea on junior development.

Unfortunately , your age old conspiracy theory is incorrect

At the time, Poore and Shackleton were theoretically very good signings. There was no way of predicting Poore's poor performance and injuries, and no way of predicting Shackleton's injury (if he didn't receive that serious injury he might have turned out to be a great acquisition if that's how you spell it). And I remember almost everyone thinking (I had my doubts) that getting Tahu was a real coup. As for Keating, I reckon Anderson was right in getting rid of him. Mateo and Inu, despite there brilliance, were just not getting what the coach wanted from them (a bit of restraint and some consistency). Hindsight's wonderful, but at the time, I think Anderson basically made the right decisions.

Latest posts