What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Name & Design the Adelaide Pandas Rival Team

sheepbender

Juniors
I posted this in the NRL Expansion forum, but if you weren't aware of the Adelaide Pandas jerseys then it doesnt get much exposure. So I thought as its a design based thing, why not post in here as well.

If you're not familiar with the Adelaide Pandas idea, it was started by forum member Simostorm, as a joke/serious NRL bid team. Had a facebook page and everything. Anyway people supported the idea to come up with a jersey and logo design. GAZF lead the way, and many were impressed enough to want the jerseys made up. They have now been manufactured and most of us that were involved, have our jerseys.

I quite enjoyed the whole thing, and love designing jerseys, and with the success of the Adelaide Pandas idea, I thought why not have another go designing a new bid team. But involve more of the community.

So as a group we can come up with another team name, location, jersey design, colours and logo.
Once we have a fair few ideas to choose from, we'll have a vote. Then the budding designers can come up with a logo and jersey designs to be voted on. And then if theres enough interest again, maybe we'll have the jerseys made up.

So lets get it going.

sheepbender

Juniors
I have collated the list of names so far suggested from the other thread..

Armadillo
Alpacas
Platypus
Elephants
Night Flyers
Night wings
Stubbies
Sailors
Dingoes
Devils
RoadTrains
Borg
Lobsters
Coral Sea Crabs
Donkeys
Walruses
Leopards
Hippopotamus
Wharthogs
Macaws
Beagles
Pelicans
Cannibals
Poachers
Dugongs
Geckos
Quakes
Sloths
Dodo
Platypi
Rangers
Chupacabra
Burras/Kookaburras
Wombats

A pretty decent list.. You can Add to it, after awhile we choose a top 3, and our budding designers can come up with jersey designs based on the choices, and then we whittle it down to a top contender, and refine that one..

sheepbender

Juniors
Colour combinations I have suggested.

Teal/Orange/White
Purple/Green/Gold
Gold/Aqua/Purple
Green/White
Navy/Orange
Maroon/Green
Blue/Black/Silver
Navy/Gold/Red
Maroon/Proper Gold/Black
Maroon/Blue
Green/Black/White
Steel Blue/Navy/Lime

colour_combinations_by_sheepbender-d62x0wn.png

Lambretta

First Grade
Good idea Sheepbender

What happened to my Katherine Zeta Jones idea, I didn't see that in the list :p

I was thinking of the Ferrets, but I saw that the Forestville Junior Rugby League club already has that name.
02c81455e5af9013958fdf6815e68504_resized.jpg

ferrets_main_logo.gif

sheepbender

Juniors
Haha sorry mate, must've missed that one ; )

We can add Ferrets to the list.. But geez I thought this forum had a few more people involved in it.. Has been pretty quiet..

azsportza

Live Update Team
Haha sorry mate, must've missed that one ; )

We can add Ferrets to the list.. But geez I thought this forum had a few more people involved in it.. Has been pretty quiet..

It's really two people who fill requests for people... Timmah and I usually.There are more out there, but this forum is usually pretty quiet with people actually producing work –*sadly.

sheepbender

Juniors
It's really two people who fill requests for people... Timmah and I usually.There are more out there, but this forum is usually pretty quiet with people actually producing work ?*sadly.

thats no good, I thought we had a few more budding designers on here that might be willing to have a go. It looks like this idea may go no where, but Ill keep at it for a bit of fun.

Nuke

Staff member
Katharine Crocs, using two shades of green with black (and a touch of white) as their colours.

ShaneO85

Juniors
Would like to see the South Brisbane Falcons in royal blue & silver.

if you wanted a south brisbane team based on a bird they should be in black and white and be called the ibis... f**king south bank is full of the things...