What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serious question about matai?

Dutchy

Immortal
Should be playing in one of those Tate monstrosities but chooses not too.

Tougher than anyone keyboard warrior here.

juanfarkall

Coach
That's kind of a nothing statement. We all know he could choose to nto play the game in pain. What is silly is that the club, the coaching staff, and his teammates all accept his situation (going down almost every game) and het gets on with things the best he can, yet people on here complain about him and have a go at him. He is playing with a condition that requires treatment most games, why is that subject to ridicule? Why does anyone who doesn't support Manly even care enough to come online and comment in a thread about it? :?

why do you care ?

Tommax25

Bench
why do you care ?

That's kind of a nothing statement. We all know he could choose to nto play the game in pain. What is silly is that the club, the coaching staff, and his teammates all accept his situation (going down almost every game) and het gets on with things the best he can, yet people on here complain about him and have a go at him. He is playing with a condition that requires treatment most games, why is that subject to ridicule? Why does anyone who doesn't support Manly even care enough to come online and comment in a thread about it? :?

The Enforcer

Juniors
I think you are confusing Matai with Dugan, as it was Dugan's team mates who were getting jack of his fake injuries.Matai actually gets amongs it.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Or he could just keep moaning about it and earn 400k a year.

Yep. I have no issue with him playing on. Its the f**kknuckles who say that he is playing in pain which I'm having a dig at. He's not Robinson Crusoe, every player plays in pain. Matai is probably lucky that he's got nerve damage, once he retires and stops the physical contact he'll probably be ok, unlike those who will be crippled by oesteoarthritis in their 40s.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Yep. I have no issue with him playing on. Its the f**kknuckles who say that he is playing in pain which I'm having a dig at. He's not Robinson Crusoe, every player plays in pain. Matai is probably lucky that he's got nerve damage, once he retires and stops the physical contact he'll probably be ok, unlike those who will be crippled by oesteoarthritis in their 40s.
On the contrary, I think playing with nerve issues for years will make his life after football very uncomfortable.

Hooch

Juniors
Probably a bridge too far to expect children to have any grasp of what chronic injury is.

But he has got into a habit of staying down and rubbing random body parts.

Fire

First Grade
p.s. I don't get why it's a cardinal sin to say NRL players are tough and anyone who claims they're tougher is full of shit lol.

Players today are tough, but they're also spoiled brats.

I'd be tougher than half the merkins playing these days.

You all must be a bunch of broads and pussies...

Fire

First Grade
Who the f**k is Jed Dugan tough guy?

287155_081015144141_SEN-010.jpg

:kiss::kiss:

Latest posts