What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brett Horsnell

Eels Dude

Coach
This guy must have played for Parra before I started supporting the club because i've never heard of him, but according to the Sun Herald the former Gold Coast, South Qld, and Parramatta back rower has been diagnosed with a brain tumour is struggling to come up with the funds for treatment. Just like to wish him and his family best wishes through this troubling time.

team eidorb

Juniors
i remember him

must have been around 1996-97 he played for us

good player....shame about the brain tumour, i hope all turns out well for him

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He played a good year for us in 97, His only year!.....however i remember him scoring a good try against the Chrushers when our side was depleated due to Origin, Smith was jumping up and down on the sideline.

We won that game 52-10.....Chris Lawlyer MOM, only first grade game that year for us.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Yeah, I remember him as a Gold Coast player, had forgotten he played for Parra till IO read that article.

bartman

Immortal
Yeah, he played a year for us, but will be more remembered from the Gold Coast. Poor bugger, hope he comes through that stuff.

The Colonel

Immortal
The Horse, along with Cameron Blair, was a good player who gave everything he had and then some for whoever he played for. Shame to hear the bad news - hope all goes well for the bloke. He played for us in 1997 and 1998. He is/was coach of Runaway Bay at some stage too.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I remember him playing for the Gold Coast Seagulls, before he went to pommy land

I wish him well

Stagger eel

Staff member
for those of you who were 2 young to remember Brett "the Horse" Horsnell was a whole hearted clubman in the season or 2 he spent with us. He gave is all in whatever grade he played.

Yes he did play at the game against the Crushers and actually scored the last try of the game.

All the best Brett hope you get that op ASAP.

I actually saw him at the Warriors trial at Carrara...he was with his family and was having a barney with the gatekeeper about opening the gate so that he could get a pram inside. The gatekeeper didn't come to the party so I went over an introduced myself and gave him a hand to get it over the turnstile. He was really furstrated and upset as he did mention that he couldn't do it by himself as he had had a back operation (??...I'm pretty surre it was his back he referred to.)

That's bad news....best of luck Brett.

MITS..if you read this post, it was about 10 mins before you showed up at that same gate that this happened.

True EEL

Bench
lots of long term Parra supporters i see

Brett Horsnell did indeed play for us and did ok

good luck Brett

Latest posts