What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eels Dude

Coach
Mate honestly we could do a lot worse.

He's a premiership winner and whilst I don't rate him as a 7 he's a very good 9.

I think we really will benefit from a couple of old heads
Like him, like Crocker, like Dallas Johnson that know what it takes to win at the highest level.

All our boys have known for the past few years is how to lose.

We need to change that loser culture.

We should sign old head premiership winners like Paul Whatuira, Reni Maitua, and Casey Maguire to intill a winning belief in our current mob.

Parraren

Bench
We should sign old head premiership winners like Paul Whatuira, Reni Maitua, and Casey Maguire to intill a winning belief in our current mob.

nice generalisation.

Whatuira, McGuire & Reni were on the scrap heap when we signed them.

Crocker, Johnson & Fien are still playing NRL and still playing well for top 8 sides.

Eels Dude

Coach
nice generalisation.

Whatuira, McGuire & Reni were on the scrap heap when we signed them.

Crocker, Johnson & Fien are still playing NRL and still playing well for top 8 sides.

Mick Crocker has been playing for North Sydney in NSW Cup for the past 6 weeks champ!

natheel

Coach
Nathan Friend would be a handy pick up. Good defender and gives good service from dummy half. Massive upgrade on Keating.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Don't forget Chris Walker

Don't forget Willie Tonga - another premiership winner and current Origin and international when we signed him. Kearney also knew what was required to win a premiership.

Let's face it; premiership winners just don't fit into our culture. McGuire, Maitua, Whatuira, Kearney and Tonga did nothing to change our mentality.

Hopefully premiership winning player and coach Ricky Stuart is the man.

Parraren

Bench
Mick Crocker has been playing for North Sydney in NSW Cup for the past 6 weeks champ!

Point taken.

But I ask you this; how many players from our starting backrow would crack it in the Souths side right now?

They wouldn't even make the bench mate.

Our side is in desperate need of some leaders, especially ones that can bloody tackle, and the reality is we can't be choosy. We had to go to the ESL just to buy a couple of decent forwards because no forwards want to come here. The 2 poms were not our first choice. We missed out on Tamou, Scott and Papali who were just the recent ones.

I'm not putting up with another year of Smith, Keating, Paulo, Ryan etc.

It's now a case of picking up the best of what's left in the market

Pazza

First Grade
Our back row for 2014 looks to be Maitua, Hock, Mossop and Tanginoa which is pretty much all we need for the top 17. Paulo and Smith in nsw cup for back ups, I think we are set except for depth signings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Our back row for 2014 looks to be Maitua, Hock, Mossop and Tanginoa which is pretty much all we need for the top 17. Paulo and Smith in nsw cup for back ups, I think we are set except for depth signings.

I think you'll find mossop is a central forward, I think we need another backrower and I'd much rather it be an established first grader rather than a fringy... I also think we need one genuine speedster as we're lacking a real greyhound at the back... I really don't think that would be difficult!

Obviously 9 would also be good but optimistic that Kelly and Pritchard can fulfill that roll for 1 season before we gun for a genuine star in that position

Pazza

First Grade
I think you'll find mossop is a central forward, I think we need another backrower and I'd much rather it be an established first grader rather than a fringy... I also think we need one genuine speedster as we're lacking a real greyhound at the back... I really don't think that would be difficult!

Obviously 9 would also be good but optimistic that Kelly and Pritchard can fulfill that roll for 1 season before we gun for a genuine star in that position

Definitely, mossop will play that hindmarsh role that Smith and Paulo have failed at for us!

Pazza

First Grade
I think he is retiring!

My backline for 2014

Hayne
Morgan
Loko
Hopoate
Tautai

Status
Not open for further replies.