What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ABC suspends David Morrow over 'racist' remarks

Mr Saab

Referee
Having said that, I am sick of David Morrow, one of the biggest whingers around. Every game he will get a bee in his bonnet about something - generally some ref decision he doesn't like - and then go on and on about it for the rest of the game.
The female sideline eye is useless - typical ABC nonsense. I like Craig Hamilton, he's like an old style 1980s commentator, wouldn't mind hearing him call more often.

Hamilton is "ok" but i dont like when he commentates on his beloved Knights. His call slants a "bit" too much to the knights.
The female sideline eye is there for tokenism....everytime they cross to her it wastes 10 secs of air time.

nomis88

Juniors
Pretty stupid comments. How long will he get if he takes the early guilty plea? Does he have any carryover points?

Alsmug

Juniors
That is correct.

I cant stand that female sideline eye that the ABC has. She offers NOTHING.
Ah the days of Tony Meaghay on 2UE back in the 90s.

As for Morrow, he is a good caller, but sometimes gets carried away....like when Anasta fell into K Hunts shoulder 5 yrs ago. Morrow went off saying it was worst than Boyd on Brohman. He tends to get carried away sometimes.
Now all we need is Hadlee to ave a erbal slip up and stood down from all forms of commentary and the game will be a much better product , his t.v calling is an embarrassment someone needs to tell him it aint a horse race, not a fan of hadlee one bit , a oy can dream...

Big Pete

Referee
Dumb thing to do, I don't care but then again why would I?

On Morrow, he's one of those love him or hate him sort of blokes. He's too agenda driven for my taste. You can tell which team he backs.

gronkathon

First Grade
I don't really care for the comment but really in a world where the likes of Hadley, Jones etc. openly promote hatred based on race and religion I think it is a bit of an unfair reaction to this. However National broadcaster has stricter rules

Bjorn Pork

Juniors
Shannon Byrnes doesn't have the poise to be a good sideline eye.

There was a game the other day (not sure which one - might have been Parra v NQLD) where Luke Williamson made up a word when describing the play (something like "lacky-dacky" instead of lackadaisical) and she just mindlessly repeated this moronism in her own "analysis". Have to be better than that.

juro

Bench
So David Smith comes out saying this sort of thing is not acceptable. How about he has a go at a few journalists and other commentators who are constantly bringing the game into disrepute!

Gmac

Juniors
f**k me dead some people are too sensitive. Thought it was kind of funny myself. Yes its not a good look but he wasn't purposely saying it on air it was a mistake. All be it a stupid one.
Should get a slap on the wrist and make him do some feel good community gestures that make everyone warm and fuzzy inside and move on.

Red Bear

Referee
http://www.smh.com.au/sport/abc-suspends-announcer-over-racist-remarks-20130508-2j8ew.html

If true, what an absolute fool.

In any case, it's time to get rid of him ABC.

Peter Wilkins is right there. As are Richard Svenson and Craig Hamilton who both clearly understand the game better and are more enjoyable to listen to.
Richard Svenson is terrible. Would be right at home on a commercial network. Hammo is good, but as has been said doesnt like the travel. The best combo though is Morrow, Wok and Hamilton on the sideline, they're great together.

Peter Wilkins went to commercial radio then got ditched and never got his job back when he returned IIRC. He was a great commentator.

Really stupid comment from Morrow.