What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spagnolo Back On the board?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
The President of PESC blocked me on Twitter after I said he must be spewing about the new board, due to the nasty stuff he has said about them in the past. Lol.

Ratchy

Juniors
I think the Pirtek option might be for a reduced amount i.e $1,000,000 whereas the previous board has been attempting to get $1.5m.
Spagnolo mentioned last night that Edwards has been meeting with potential sponsors and had a meeting with one prior to the agm. He said to exepct the new board to announce a new sponsor in June.

I must say if the bunnies can get Packer to cough up $1m a year for jeraey aponsorship i wont be happy if rhe new board settle for a sponsorship with Pirtek of only a $1m for naming rights

Honestly don't really care is who is on the jersey as long as the club gets the most $$ it can from the negotiations with different coporations. If Pirtek pony up to the extra $$ good on them despite what people think of Duncan. Just thought it was laughable that Sharp would say something like that on the radio before he is in the job or had discussions with a well paid CEO whose job is to do that. First impressions aren't good I really hope the rest of his team are better operators because what is being forgotten is the running of the leagues club.

carson

Juniors
Unpaid?

$10,000 a year
+
Suit, Tie, Shirts and other offical clothing.
+
All expenses paid for NRL, State of Origin, and Test match attendance, including transport, meals and accom.

Wow..I stand corrected!!!

$10 grand plus a few comp. tickets and shirts...it's like winning the lottery!!!

Makes it all worthwhile.

Maybe I should have put virtually unpaid!!!

strider

Post Whore
Wow..I stand corrected!!!

$10 grand plus a few comp. tickets and shirts...it's like winning the lottery!!!

Makes it all worthwhile.

Maybe I should have put virtually unpaid!!!

you also need to consider the ego boost alot seem to put on being in control .... that's priceless!

Kornstar

Coach
The President of PESC blocked me on Twitter after I said he must be spewing about the new board, due to the nasty stuff he has said about them in the past. Lol.

:lol: I unfollowed them last night, not sure that the supporters club should strongly support one side so much, considering the side they support just lost the election.

I used to be interested to join until I saw some comments and needing endorsements etc.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Honestly don't really care is who is on the jersey as long as the club gets the most $$ it can from the negotiations with different coporations. If Pirtek pony up to the extra $$ good on them despite what people think of Duncan. Just thought it was laughable that Sharp would say something like that on the radio before he is in the job or had discussions with a well paid CEO whose job is to do that. First impressions aren't good I really hope the rest of his team are better operators because what is being forgotten is the running of the leagues club.
Agreed, not real confident in this bloke at all.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
:lol: I unfollowed them last night, not sure that the supporters club should strongly support one side so much, considering the side they support just lost the election.

I used to be interested to join until I saw some comments and needing endorsements etc.

I think it's hilarious that the PESC hate the board. It's gold!

That's correct Strider. I think some people get confused with what boards do and what CEO's do.

Yes, but boards need the knowledge and skills to be able to sensibly assess the performance of the CEO, and hire/fire appropriately. Doesn't mean everyone on the board has to be a financial expert, but there has to be a fair smattering of it.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore
So far Sharp has already stated he is going to start negotiating with Pirtek, that isn't his role.

there's nothing stopping him being involved - but if he does it without the CEO then I'll join everyone in wanting his head - lol

I actually think Roy did a decent job in standing back and letting others do what they are hired for .... even down to standing back and hiding from SK's departure press conference lol

Latest posts