What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tom Symonds

H.H

Juniors
Cant believe you guys let him go.............what a pickup

Yeah it hurts me to see him in another jersey. He's out and out quality and always has been.

In saying that, I'm rapt to see him getting a run and doing well.

Big man

Juniors
Big big loss, the most stupid decision to date by an aimless club, getting rid Symonds for LOD was dummmb. And while I'm here, Takarangi is an even bigger loss lol, stupid stupid stupid.

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
Big big loss, the most stupid decision to date by an aimless club, getting rid Symonds for LOD was dummmb. And while I'm here, Takarangi is an even bigger loss lol, stupid stupid stupid.

They are completely different players mate. lOD plays in the middle, Symonds the edge. He simply lost out to SBW, Cordner, Guerra, Aubosson etc. and it was Symonds decision to leave and out of respect the club didn't stand in his way.

Monk

Referee
I loved Tommy but he wasn't going to get a regular run in FG unfortunately. Glad to see him playing well for Manly. I don't know why everyone is all jizzy over Taka tbh, bloke has woeful defence.

Big Sam

First Grade
Quite apt for a club with no culture to let go of a promising junior in Symonds and buy a bunch of mercenaries in LOD and SBW.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Symonds isn't better than any of our current back rowers. All this sentiment just because he is a local junior. It's disappointing yes but let's face it he'd be playin for newtown for 90% of the season.

So Big Sam your saying we should keep lower quality player in Tommy and not sign SBW. Bet you weren't singing that little tune when souffs gave champion the ass to help get GI.

Big Sam

First Grade
So Big Sam your saying we should keep lower quality player in Tommy and not sign SBW. Bet you weren't singing that little tune when souffs gave champion the ass to help get GI.

I wanted us to keep both and we got Beau back eventually because we prioritise retaining juniors above all else. Unlike you guys who discarded Cherrington and Symonds on the eve of the season.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
You didn't keep both at the time but did you, and I bet you were happy with the decision souths made at the time. Got rid of a junior to get a superstar. Who saying we won't get tommy back like you did with champion.

Prioritize local juniors lol yeah ok, burgess boys, Lima, king, Crocker, Taylor, Te'o, asotasi and the others you've chased. I'll admit you've done well the likes of sutton, Reynolds, Merritt and others but don't make out like souffs havent thrown the cheque book around due to inadequate juniors to fill spots in the 17.

eozsmiles

Bench
I wanted us to keep both and we got Beau back eventually because we prioritise retaining juniors above all else. Unlike you guys who discarded Cherrington and Symonds on the eve of the season.

Which explains why they have not won a comp in decades.

adamkungl

Immortal
Which explains why they have not won a comp in decades.

This.

Tommy wasn't let go to make room for LOD, he was let go because he'd be stuck in Newtown all year unless we had an injury crisis. Even LOD will be fighting Aiden Guerra, Aubusson and FPN for a spot all year.

aqua_duck

Coach
Considering how good Moa is playing and what I've seen of Napa and especially Kane Evans in the lower grades, LOD will have his hands full holding his spot

Springbokfly

Juniors

It's a professional sport who gives a shit about juniors these days.

lol@souffs

LOD proved his worth on Saturday night. He bashed Tamou and made him shrink little testicles in the cold. Napa and Evans will feature next year.

Tommy was always quality but made of glass. Happy to see him at least fit but he's also playing in a good team. He was also overpaid after being re-signed at a dire time in our recent history.

Ultimately the decision to let him go was correct. We needed toughness up the middle and LOD provides that. Even without SBW at the club Symonds would be on the bench at best etting little minutes. Happy to see him playing well and I hope he stays fit all season.

As Adam said his future wasn't in first grade regardless of SBW or LOD and we've been very accommodating with granting players a release who do not feature in our plans which is always the right thing to do unlike what Souffs did with Joe Galavao which was disgraceful.

OFFSET ALPINE

Juniors
You didn't keep both at the time but did you, and I bet you were happy with the decision souths made at the time. Got rid of a junior to get a superstar. Who saying we won't get tommy back like you did with champion.

Prioritize local juniors lol yeah ok, burgess boys, Lima, king, Crocker, Taylor, Te'o, asotasi and the others you've chased. I'll admit you've done well the likes of sutton, Reynolds, Merritt and others but don't make out like souffs havent thrown the cheque book around due to inadequate juniors to fill spots in the 17.

Both posts are EXCELLENT observations JACK...i like the bit about $ouff$ RUSTY CHEQUEBOOK...which has been dwarfing ours since 2007.

Don't forget to add ISSAC LUKE,Ben Lowe,Everingham and the two Roosters' SG Ball battlers - Tyrrell & Champion.

Russell CROWE 2006 quote: "I don't hate the ROOSTERS...i'm just not into Chequebook Rugby League..." HAH!

One of the lowest days in NRL was the day Crowe brushed Beau Champion like a piece of dirt.

MEMO to George Piggins: "EASTS breed 'em...SOUFFS buy 'em..."

Last edited:

Latest posts