What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Origin 2013 NSW side

mxlegend99

Referee
Kurt Gidley is the only part of the team that is horrible. Drop him and bring Tim Grant back in, and the side would be much better. Move Lewis to the bench as the utility, Gallen back to lock and Grant starting.

Also not a fan of Hoffman or Pearce, but would be happy just to see Gidley dropped. Not sure how many times he has to fail at this level before he just gets dropped.

T.T

Juniors
not very happy with the team but it could have been a lot worse.

will morris be fit?

- don't see the point of having hoffman in the team, gallen should be the other backrower so we could have grant or woods on the bench

BranVan3000

Coach
Seriously though, looks like a good squad. Lots of players there with vital experience in losing Origin series. Especially captain Gidley, his experience in losing Origin series will be essential in making sure we only lose this one by a small margin and walk away with our heads held high. We can proudly tell ourselves "we'll get them next year!" once again.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Sure there are a few changes I'd make (def no Gids), but that team is still very good. Everyone will complain about something I guess.

That team is closer to the mark compared to what Stuart had in previous Origin series.

Last edited:

Doomednow

Bench
I'm not complaining that no Panthers were selected (pretty happy about that to be honest) but there are some questionable choices in there. At this stage I don't think Daley is up to it.

RHCP

Bench
I give no credence to this supposed 'leak'. Just scum journo's making shit up to get a 'scoop' as usual. It's not that hard to predict the Origin side. Hayne, Morris x 2, Jennings, Gal, Pearce, Bird, Lewis, Watmough, Tamou and Farah are all guaranteed a spot, Ferguson and Fifita are near certainties as well. There's only four positions you can get wrong. Flip a coin for your five-eighth and you've got 3 positions left and only a few genuine contenders to pick from (Merrin, Gidley, Grant, Hoffman on the inside running and Sims, Mason and Woods on the fringes).

So basically, they can come out with a 'leaked' lineup which will be at least 13/17 correct with a chance for more.

I don't doubt the team could look like that, but I highly doubt it's Laurie and Bozo who leaked that side.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Laurie Daley has no idea. We're going to get embarrassed this year. Picking proven losers is the best way to lose.

If we don't win origin 1 the series is over.

Noname36

First Grade
I can't believe there are people actually happy with that side.

A hack like Pearce getting yet another chance but Carney doesn't? No, just no.
Gal at prop? The Qld forwards are going to love that.
Gidley? I'm all for showing loyalty but not in this case (and especially not in Pearce's)
Hoffman? LOL

skeepe

Immortal
How legit is this leak? I seem to recall a Rothfield scoop that was wholly inaccurate last year or so?

They printed the "leaked" City vs Country teams earlier this year and got them completely wrong. Don't believe anything you read until the team is announced.

Meth

Staff member
@BuzzRothfield: LEAKED NSW TEAM

HAYNE
FERGUSON
MORRIS
JENNINGS
MORRIS
MALONEY
PEARCE
BIRD
LEWIS
HOFFMAN
GALLEN
FARAH
TAMAU

GIDLEY
WATMOUGH
MERRIN
FIFITA

I would have had Grant in there over Hoffman.

Also, not sure how Gidley keeps getting selected, especially when the team is prop lite.

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Drop Gidley, move Lewis to the bench and Watmough to the 2nd row, then Grant onto the bench and you have a good team.

Hoffman I thought we'd gotten rid of at the same time as Ben Creagh but what are you gonna do

Liddell

Juniors
Deadset, how hard is it to be fired up after seeing that selection. I'm sure any worries QLD had about the from of JT or Slater will be gone after seeing that selection of Gidley.

We can't go in with a 3 man bench so Daley will feel the need to throw him in somewhere at some point.

D

Deleted member 10972

90% good team.

Ryan Hoffman over Tim Grant or Aaron Woods? Wrong. Merrin doesn't play prop anymore, so drop Hoffman, Watmough to start, Grant or Woods bench.

Kurt Gidley over Wade Graham or Glenn Stewart? Wrong again. Drop Gidley, and either direct swap for Graham, Glenn Stewart to start, Lewis to bench.

Hoffman and Gidley need to join such outstanding names as Brett White, Ben Creagh, Josh Perry, Jamie Buhrer, Jason King, and others in the 'never pick again' column. Their representative time has passed them and form doesn't warrant selection.

D

Deleted member 10972

Not including this weekend...

Tamou - 10 games, average 15 runs for 144 metres
Gallen - 7 games, average 21 runs for 188 metres (not including the game he got injured)
Lewis - 9 games, average 13 runs for 109 metres
Bird - 10 games, average 16 runs for 141 metres
Watmough - 10 games, average 15 runs for 142 metres
Merrin - 10 games, average 16 runs for 133 metres
Fifita - 10 games, average 16 runs for 146 metres
Hoffman - 10 games, average 14 runs for 113 metres

Grant - 10 games, average 16 runs for 144 metres
Woods - 10 games, average 16 runs for 133 metres
Mannah - 10 games, average 13 runs for 121 metres