What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early tip: Sandow won't see out his contract

lucablight

First Grade
Does anyone remember Kelly's last game for the Storm before he signed with us? The Storm were behind and needed a try to win and it was the last set of the game. Kelly got the ball and grubbered it straight to the opposition and they lost the game. It always stuck with me. I think alot of Eels fans confused lack of flair and attack with being "cool and composed".

I wouldn't give up on Sandow yet. At least he's shown he can do something. If he's surrounded by a better team I still think he can be a valuable contributor.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Our 6,7 and 9 have no idea, our attack is disjointed and has been since 2010. It's still Hayne or bust.

Noise

Coach
Does anyone remember Kelly's last game for the Storm before he signed with us? The Storm were behind and needed a try to win and it was the last set of the game. Kelly got the ball and grubbered it straight to the opposition and they lost the game. It always stuck with me. I think alot of Eels fans confused lack of flair and attack with being "cool and composed".

I wouldn't give up on Sandow yet. At least he's shown he can do something. If he's surrounded by a better team I still think he can be a valuable contributor.

Yep, i remember that. Alarm bells should have been ringing when he was 3rd choice half at the Storm and Bellamy being more than happy to release him.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Sandow effort against the Titans centres was pathetic, he barely moved up in the line and just gave up.

What the halves need to do is communicate and tell the players to stand a bit deeper instead of throwing these stupid flat passes.

Chipmunk

Coach
Sandow effort against the Titans centres was pathetic, he barely moved up in the line and just gave up.

What the halves need to do is communicate and tell the players to stand a bit deeper instead of throwing these stupid flat passes.

Accoring to the NRL site Sandow missed 8 tackles today. Surely it is time to punt him after that.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I've now also given up on Kelly.
The great promise he showed in Storm's Toyota Cup has not carried over to NRL. :(
With shoulder charge outlawed Sandow has almost nothing to offer in defense.
We should be going all out for DCE if there is any glimmer of light coming through a door slightly ajar at Manly.
Otherwise, we go after Sam Tomkins in the UK.

EelsFan05

Bench
I've now also given up on Kelly.
The great promise he showed in Storm's Toyota Cup has not carried over to NRL. :(
With shoulder charge outlawed Sandow has almost nothing to offer in defense.
We should be going all out for DCE if there is any glimmer of light coming through a door slightly ajar at Manly.
Otherwise, we go after Sam Tomkins in the UK.

The could offer DCE 2 million and I still doubt he will come here. He won't go anywhere its just his managers way of saying to Manly hurry up with the cash. Talking about it how do them pricks go Orford, Hodkinson then DCE!?!?!

Last edited:

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Then lets get Sam Tomkins for whatever it's going to cost to get him?

At a lower price, we have enough junior forwards coming through to cover our cap requirements for a few years to come, just enough time to cover our Sandow and Kelly losses.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
2014 Spine

1. Hayne
6. Norman
7. Tomkins
9. Pritchard

3 Will Hopoate
4. Morgan

This represents one of the best attacking formations in the NRL.

Now to sort out the wingers?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Fortunately, Stuart has plenty of rounds left this year to now blood and condition all our best juniors for next year. With our juniors getting plenty of match practice this year, we may as well accept the spoon now and focus on a massive leap up the ladder next year.
1979, St George had Bath's Babe's - next year we'll have Ricky's Kid's winning the premiership.

Avenger

Immortal
Fortunately, Stuart has plenty of rounds left this year to now blood and condition all our best juniors for next year. With our juniors getting plenty of match practice this year, we may as well accept the spoon now and focus on a massive leap up the ladder next year.
1979, St George had Bath's Babe's - next year we'll have Ricky's Kid's winning the premiership.

Seriously Casper take a f**king bex and lie down.

Latest posts