What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Protected Species??

Lambretta

First Grade
I was sitting in line with Slater (in the Storm fans section) when Slater dropped that ball as I'd gone to talk to a mate who is a Storm fan. I would have sworn on my life that he knocked it on. Yet I've just watched it again on the Sunday Footy Show and from the camera angle it looked like he knocked it back.

The referee's view would have been at much the same angle as the camera was and looking like a knock back. The linesmans job is purely to wave his flag to confirm if a goal was kicked or not so there was no way he should get involved.

I can only surmise that things look different when viewed from different angles or when you're drunk and watching through glasses tinted in favour of your own side. Oh and that touch judges are useless :p

kbw

Bench
I respect Cronk and Slater to some extent.
Smith I have no respect for and I can't remember any player that has ever been protected like this scum, not even Tallis.

I actually don't think Slater knocked on, but the referees missed so many forward passes and 6 again calls, it was an absolute joke

marcozzi

Juniors
Can't believe how biased some people are, Cronk won't get anything for that tackle because there was nothing in it, yes it went above the horizontal but the other player i think it was Tahu Harris had him and made sure that nothing happened ....

LESStar58

Referee
Haha, i would have also accepted "Nightingale was flat after Slater dealt with him" les

Well he did headbutt him so is it any wonder Billy flattened him?

Nice to see you see the sport in it for once hutty. I'm gonna have to rely on the not so bright Dragons fans to fall for that one going forward. ;)

undertaker

Coach
Thurston is definitely another protected species:

1) Spear tackle during the 2007 finals and got off so he could play the next week
2) Deliberate kick to David Williams face in Origin III 2009. Any other player who did the same thing in an NRL match would immediately be heading for an early shower
3) His swearathon at the ref a couple of years ago or so, no charges laid.

Lambretta

First Grade
Can't believe how biased some people are, Cronk won't get anything for that tackle because there was nothing in it, yes it went above the horizontal but the other player i think it was Tahu Harris had him and made sure that nothing happened ....

It was Kevin Proctor and it his actions rather than Cronks that forced the Roosters player past the horizontal. I will be amazed if they give Cronk anything at all.

Cronk was round the legs sure, but all the force came from Proctor pulling the player down rather than Cronk lifting him.

Just look at what Slater has done this year alone, most other players would be crucified.

Slater was the first person to knock someone out with a shoulder charge, with a shoulder straight into the head, but it was completely glossed over, then Fa'aoso goes in late with a fairly soft effort and there's an accidental head clash and he's suspended.

The stuff some of the stars of the game get away with, especially filth like Slater and Smith, is beyond belief. Any neutral or newcomer to the game would be flabbergasted

afinalsin666

First Grade
Any newcomer watching wouldn't see anything, because they don't know the history. Storm being grubby in the past =/= being grubby now. We have that reputation, and that is all haters see. Look for every tiny thing wrong, then hold onto it and hate even more when the next thing is wrong, hold onto both for the next thing, until they come into forums crying about all these little flaws and evilness.

Deliberately kicking is on the same level as biting. Nothing done, that's more flabbergasting than the hundred things from the past 10 years that everyone are clutching onto like their first born children.

MsStorm

Bench
Any newcomer watching wouldn't see anything, because they don't know the history. Storm being grubby in the past =/= being grubby now. We have that reputation, and that is all haters see. Look for every tiny thing wrong, then hold onto it and hate even more when the next thing is wrong, hold onto both for the next thing, until they come into forums crying about all these little flaws and evilness.

Deliberately kicking is on the same level as biting. Nothing done, that's more flabbergasting than the hundred things from the past 10 years that everyone are clutching onto like their first born children.

THIS x 1000 times, well said.

betcats

Referee
Billy Slater is the most protected species in game and Melbourne in general get it a lot easier from the refs then any other team.

Strange that the team most recently proven to be cheating scum would still be the team the refs take it easiest on.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Billy Slater is the most protected species in game and Melbourne in general get it a lot easier from the refs then any other team.

Strange that the team most recently proven to be cheating scum would still be the team the refs take it easiest on.

Most recent? Oh, you mean the Bulldogs with their borderline illegal obstruction plays taking them to a grand final.Thought you were talking about Storm there for a second.

Lucas-Con

Juniors
Billy Slater has knocked out 1 player with a shoulder charge karate kicked another and that was intentional as hell you don't put your foot out like that otherwise

Lambretta

First Grade
Most recent? Oh, you mean the Bulldogs with their borderline illegal obstruction plays taking them to a grand final.Thought you were talking about Storm there for a second.

"Borderline"? Depends which side of the border you're sitting on I suppose.

The Bulldogs are only copying the same plays the Storm come up with - so it's the pot calling the kettle black.

You should be flattered, not flapping.