What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Early tip: Sandow won't see out his contract

Avenger

Immortal
Just my opinion gentlemen. I hope I'm wrong and will be the first to admit if he puts egg on my face.I just think Sandow won't last. Not at Parra anyway.

Tony Bongo

Bench
this,
most of the missed tackles I remember yesterday were cover tackles after the winger had come in and Sandow had to run behind and try to make a cover tackle, at least he was putting in the effort to be there.

He is still rushing up out of the line and leaving holes in defense behind him. There were other times when he moved across in defense and when the play went back outside him he made no effort at all. He was as effective at slowing down someone yesterday as one of those fake speed humps painted on the road and it's simply not good enough for a first grade player.
Compare that with the enthusiasm of another small bloke in Kaysa Pritchard who not only had a go but uses a good tackling technique. He put not only Sandow but also a few others to shame and particularly because he is still only a kid.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He is still rushing up out of the line and leaving holes in defense behind him.

Sticky actually got him to stop this for the last four weeks. He only just started doing it again against the Titans.

That's why he missed six tackles in the four weeks leading up to the Titans match, and nine in the 80 minutes just gone.

They f**king quit mate. You can't judge their ability based on that. You can only judge their mental strength, and these merkins have f**king zero.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Sticky actually got him to stop this for the last four weeks. He only just started doing it again against the Titans.

That's why he missed six tackles in the four weeks leading up to the Titans match, and nine in the 80 minutes just gone.

They f**king quit mate. You can't judge their ability based on that. You can only judge their mental strength, and these merkins have f**king zero.

I was judging his mental strength because I know he can be way better than that. I don't often have a go at players but when they are embarrassing themselves because they are not performing anywhere near what I know they are capable of I think they deserve to wear some criticism.
Ricky is another who deserves some. It's about time he stops just blaming the players, refs and everyone else and wears some of it himself. It's his job afterall to get his players heads in the right place and so far he's done bugger all. You can't just replace a bloke, take twice his salary and produce the same results. I want him to see out his contract regardless of how hopeless or good he turns out to be but so far he is proving as SK did that he really isn't any better than the last bloke.

born an eel

Bench
He is still rushing up out of the line and leaving holes in defense behind him. There were other times when he moved across in defense and when the play went back outside him he made no effort at all. He was as effective at slowing down someone yesterday as one of those fake speed humps painted on the road and it's simply not good enough for a first grade player.
Compare that with the enthusiasm of another small bloke in Kaysa Pritchard who not only had a go but uses a good tackling technique. He put not only Sandow but also a few others to shame and particularly because he is still only a kid.
we all know Sandow doesn't have a good tackling technique and the rule changes regarding shoulder charges also effect him more than any other player.

I hope to see consistent improvement by the end of the year and then we should judge if Ricky has done his job

Avenger

Immortal
You'd think maybe brisvegas might be a better fit for chrissy?

That's where I think he will end up. It just shits me with Sandow that every opposing team know to attack on his side or towards our inept wingers. This bullshit about our forwards being outmuscled has become a bit of an excuse. In the first half we matched them and if we had a better 7 we would have built pressure and been in front. However what happened is they targeted Sandow and our wingers in attack, we started to leak points we lost confidence and then started to leak points.

It all started when we failed to capitalize on good field position in the first half. That has nothing to do with our forwards. In the opposition 20 its up to our halves and they again failed miserably.

Last edited:

born an eel

Bench
That's where I think he will end up. It just shits me with Sandow that every opposing team know to attack on his side or towards our inept wingers. This bullshit about our forwards being outmuscled has become a bit of an excuse. In the first half we matched them and if we had a better 7 we would have built pressure and been in front. However what happened is they targeted Sandow and our wingers in attack, we started to leak points we lost confidence and then started to leak points.

It all started when we failed to capitalize on good field position in the first half.
Keating was also responsible for missing a probable scoring opportunity in the first half.

I will have to watch it again to work out if the leaks started up the middle or out wide in the second half

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I was judging his mental strength because I know he can be way better than that. I don't often have a go at players but when they are embarrassing themselves because they are not performing anywhere near what I know they are capable of I think they deserve to wear some criticism.
Ricky is another who deserves some. It's about time he stops just blaming the players, refs and everyone else and wears some of it himself. It's his job afterall to get his players heads in the right place and so far he's done bugger all. You can't just replace a bloke, take twice his salary and produce the same results. I want him to see out his contract regardless of how hopeless or good he turns out to be but so far he is proving as SK did that he really isn't any better than the last bloke.

Sticky is just showing how important the strength of a squad is to a coach's results. Remember, this guy won a premiership. Or at least his team did.

People look at other coaches going to other clubs and having instant success, but you have to consider that these other coaches could choose where they went, and they obviously chose clubs already set up for future success.

Sticky's reputation was mud due to his time at Cronulla so he didn't have the options a coach like Hasler or Cleary or Bennett did. That's why he chased the money (and one last shot) at Parramatta.

We just need to be patient and stop sacking coaches as soon as the players quit on him. Let's replace the f**king players instead.

If they can be competitive in one game they can compete in every game. There's no excuse for conceding 40 points, especially after conceding 30 the week before.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It all started when we failed to capitalize on good field position in the first half. That has nothing to do with our forwards. In the opposition 20 its up to our halves and they again failed miserably.

Playing the ball inside the opposition 20 isn't the same as playing the ball quickly inside the opposition 20.

Latest posts