What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap X

Status
Not open for further replies.

eel4life

Juniors
I'm a supporter. I along with some great people on here (Mits, Stagger and co) attend everygame possible whether its International or Domestic cause I attend every game in NSW. (This does not mean I'm a bigger suppoter than anyone on this great site)

I put my money back into the club buy buying memberships for not only myself but my family who at times don't turn up so I have paid for season tickets that hardly gets used.

I buy merchandise from the clubs store ensuring I don't go to Peter Wynns and co cause I want the money to go back to the club.

I buy my own season launch tickets and purchase my away tickets.

And your asking me the question whether I'm a supporter or not?

Surely you must be kidding.

Sure I'm privy to some info just like other people are, so I suppose you don't want me to post any signings, rumours or info that could better fellow eels fans on this site?

Wow I'm stunned people question whether or not you are a supporter of this club.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Makes it worse they stuffed it up without a board being established wow

Makes it bullshit that's what it makes it. How do you propose a board can stuff something up when they aren't even established yet?
For a start isn't it Ken Edwards our CEO's job to organise our major sponsor? Also if all the previous board had to do was 'sign off on the deal' what was the problem? Couldn't anyone find a pen?

Daneel

Bench
Tell me that Russell Packer did not have a piss on the field last night. The sponsors would be queuing up to align themselves to that image. Not.

#dillbrain

He will need some sponsors since he has been hit with a $15k fine.

Ratchy

Juniors
Anderson reached the GF in his first attempt with the Eels. What more should he have to do.

Actually have a team perform week in week out on a consistent basis which for the majority of the time he didn't. The success was more luck than good management which DA admitted himself on more than one occasion in pressers. The bloke did an ordinary job like Hagan, Taylor and Kearney. Too many on here care who employed and how sacked him.

born an eel

Bench
Mods, we need a sticky to clarify when it is classed as a leak and the board to be hanged and when it is a fan getting inside information.

seems if you go to every eels game in the state it is inside information,

anything else is a leak

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lang Park wasn't the only thing that got pissed on last night, the Bronc's copped a massive sprinkling.

Ratchy

Juniors
Well it turns out your opinion sux because one of them doesn't even have a salary cap which of course i didn't know cause i don't like sh*t sports and yes if i say the sport is sh*t than it doesn't apply. Just because a sport is in america doesn't mean it can't be compared with a sport that isn't.

It is moronic to talk about baseball fullstop. A salary cap in america would have the same consequences as a salary cap in australia you moron just on a larger scale.

*sigh*....both NBA & MLB have salary caps but they are soft caps where teams that spend over the cap which are normally in larger markets have to pay a luxury tax which is spread amongst teams for various are under the cap to compete a competitive balance.

Even in the NRL's hard cap system there are teams that don't spend near the salary cap year in year out because quite frankly they can't afford to due to normally being in smaller market areas where it's more difficult to get new stadiums built or larger local television deals.

Out of the current 32 franchises ,14 haven't won a super bowl and only 12 have one multiple super bowls. The salary cap hasn't stopped the usual suspects winning the whole thing or throwing up new winners year in year out....

Jodeci

Bench
Makes it bullshit that's what it makes it. How do you propose a board can stuff something up when they aren't even established yet?
For a start isn't it Ken Edwards our CEO's job to organise our major sponsor? Also if all the previous board had to do was 'sign off on the deal' what was the problem? Couldn't anyone find a pen?

Roy said at AGM in front of everyone Bongo if u had turned up that talks were in place and a deal has been put in place, the new chairman and board need to agree on it and sign but you seem to know more so why don't u actually make contact with your inside men and find out how this is all going.

Over to you Bongo

Jodeci

Bench
Mods, we need a sticky to clarify when it is classed as a leak and the board to be hanged and when it is a fan getting inside information.

seems if you go to every eels game in the state it is inside information,

anything else is a leak

Maybe I should of put this topic in the rumours thread, that would of been more appropriate.

My apologises

Ratchy

Juniors

Considering one of the first things the new chairman said was a deal with Pirtek wasn't out of the question and that HE would start negotiating with them for a new deal......

Tony Bongo

Bench
Roy said at AGM in front of everyone Bongo if u had turned up that talks were in place and a deal has been put in place, the new chairman and board need to agree on it and sign but you seem to know more so why don't u actually make contact with your inside men and find out how this is all going.

Over to you Bongo

My point is why didn't the previous board agree on it and just sign it a couple of days before? Surely they would have got some good leverage prior to the election if they had really signed a new sponsor on a massive deal. Wasn't the AGM the day after the election? Are you saying that this new deal came to hand only hours before it? Amazing timing if true.

Jodeci

Bench
Considering one of the first things the new chairman said was a deal with Pirtek wasn't out of the question and that HE would start negotiating with them for a new deal......

It would look very silly if we went back to Pirtek considering Edwards has come out and said that we are parting ways due to a agreement not being reached and Pirtek have also put out press reports that they will cease sponsorship of our club at the end of this year.

strider

Post Whore
why merge this into the rumours thread? it just chewed up hundreds of the 3000 posts available to us to post crap ;-)

Jodeci

Bench
My point is why didn't the previous board agree on it and just sign it a couple of days before? Surely they would have got some good leverage prior to the election if they had really signed a new sponsor on a massive deal. Wasn't the AGM the day after the election? Are you saying that this new deal came to hand only hours before it? Amazing timing if true.

Like I said, why don't you ring the new chairman now that you have a direct line with him and ask him or ask Edwards at the game this Friday on how are we going with regards to a new sponsor coming in.

Just for the record, I think Edwards is the best signing the club has made in recent times. A very smart operator who knows the business to well and we will benefit from his knowledge and professionalism

Chipmunk

Coach
Out of interest, does anyone think that we would have been able to assemble a team as good as the eels team from 81-86 under the current salary cap rules?

I think you could assemble a team that good, as alot of those players came through the juniors and lower grades, but I doubt you wouldve been able to keep them all together for 6 years to play in 5 grand finals and win 4 comps. You would probably think that players like Steve Ella, Guru, Paul Taylor, John Muggleton wouldve probably got squeazed out by Salary Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.