What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

County Cricket 2013

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Can't believe people were talking up Bailey for the Ashes after a few scores in one day cricket on Roads.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.kiaoval.com/ponting-in-squad-for-falcons-game/

Ricky Ponting is named in a Surrey squad for the first time having arrived in England on Tuesday morning and the former Australian captain will make his Surrey debut. Azhar Mahmood is also named in the squad and is available for the next three games in the Yorkshire Bank 40. Surrey announced last month that Mahmood will play in the Friends Life T20 but he is now set to make his return to Surrey colours at Derby.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.espncricinfo.com/england/content/story/662407.html

Hashim Amla signs with Surrey

ESPNcricinfo staff

August 14, 2013

Hashim Amla's romance with The Oval is set to continue after Surrey announced the signing of the South Africa batsman for the final six championship games. Amla replaces his national team-mate JP Duminy, who will be involved in the Champions League T20 in India in September.

"The Kia Oval holds a lot of fond memories for me personally," said Amla, whose last Test outing there was an unbeaten 311 against England in 2012, "I look forward to returning there this year and hopefully enjoying similar success."

Alec Stewart, director of cricket at Surrey CCC said Amla's experience, playing Test cricket and for Essex over the years would help him get into his stride quickly. "You want continuity and because Duminy wasn't available for all six [matches], I made the decision that I wanted someone available for six [matches] and when I found out that Amla was very much available it was a no-brainer, really."

Amla is the fourth South African to be linked with Surrey this year, with Graeme Smith drafted in to lead the side and an informal query made to Sri Lanka coach Graham Ford, during the Champions Trophy, if he would be interested in taking over.

"The dressing room was very, very happy," Stewart said "We've had two high-class batters already in Smith and in Ponting and now we've got a third one. But we can't just rely on the one man, we've got to make sure the whole team performs so that we get some wins on the board"

Amla will make his Surrey debut on August 22 against Durham at Chester-le-Street.