What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels looking at shift to ANZ Stadium

eel4life

Juniors
King of spin? Warnie???

Why didn't Sharp return calls and deny the story?

You well know what happened back in April in our meeting.

You and your buddy carried on like 5 yr olds when Ken and Steve Mc Gee announced to us that the club has just secured 9 games at Parra and a saving of $800,000 because of better negotiation and you still cried and went on and on about Parra is our home and we don't wanna go anywhere and you did a survey and everyone said no more games anywhere.

Changed your tune have u?

we are just dumb dumbs jodeci, LOL how quickly they all have changed their tune !!!

Tony Bongo

Bench
So the plumber lying on the floor yesterday in the fetal position not answering phone calls was showing professionalism???

Actually i agree with what went down on Weds but it was left too a bloke who wasn't even there in Hayne to front the media. Surely Ricky,Ken or even the plumber had to front up before Hayne did???

Not answeing the phone ever again to that muppett would be a very professional thing to do in light of what a crock of shit his latest article is.

I agree with Sticky calling the players, Ken Edwards and the chairman in too. Good on Sharp and Edwards to stand by the coach in a strong sign of solidarity and support. I'm sure Sticky had his reasons for addressing the group when Hayne was away and his reaction was a clear indication why he chose to do it that way. As for Maitua he could of gone out today to prove Ricky wrong. Both Hayne and Maitua's reactions have only proven Ricky right and good on the plumber for standing by him and stopping the tail from wagging the dog. My opinions of both Sticky and Sharp just went up immensely.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
King of spin? Warnie???

You and your buddy carried on like 5 yr olds when Ken and Steve Mc Gee announced to us that the club has just secured 9 games at Parra and a saving of $800,000 because of better negotiation and you still cried and went on and on about Parra is our home and we don't wanna go anywhere and you did a survey and everyone said no more games anywhere.

Since when is he answerable to Massoud ?

He's probably got more important things to do like running our club.

The story was more about Hayne and Sticky, not much to deny there as Edwards put out a press release about it.

Tony Bongo

Bench
King of spin? Warnie???

He probably didn't return calls because Josh is a bigger spinner of propaganda than you are.

I have no idea what you mean about changing my tune or that the survey came up with "everyone said no more games anywhere" LOL

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not answeing the phone ever again to that muppett would be a very professional thing to do in light of what a crock of shit his latest article is.

I agree with Sticky calling the players, Ken Edwards and the chairman in too. Good on Sharp and Edwards to stand by the coach in a strong sign of solidarity and support. I'm sure Sticky had his reasons for addressing the group when Hayne was away and his reaction was a clear indication why he chose to do it that way. As for Maitua he could of gone out today to prove Ricky wrong. Both Hayne and Maitua's reactions have only proven Ricky right and good on the plumber for standing by him and stopping the tail from wagging the dog. My opinions of both Sticky and Sharp just went up immensely.
So why was it left to Hayne to front the media??? He wasn't even there yet he had to face the music, surely one of Ricky,Ken or even Sharp should have been the the ones to do that. Instead our new chairman hid at home and didn't answer any calls.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Considering it's very rare that Brookvale, Campbelltown, Centrebet, Leichhardt, Parramatta, WIN Jubilee and Sharks Stadium ever get over 20,000 it's not that big of a deal at the moment. It's rare that we ever sell out Parramatta unless it's against the Tigers.

I'd say we stay at Parramatta with an option to move bigger games to ANZ. If we start averaging crowds over 17-18,000 and the stadium still isn't upgraded then maybe talk about a permanent move.

Worth noting that the past 3 seasons has been the best 3 year crowd season in the history of the club.

average crowd

2010: 17,080
2011: 15,150
2012: 16,803

Since the appointment first of Osbourne, and now of Edwards, there has been a membership drive. If we can pull such hefty crowd figures in 3 bleak seasons (and that's being generous!) then we can only imagine what might happen if we actually win some games!!!

They're currently engaged in future planning, and I like it. Hopefully the plan is to force the govt's hand.

Springs

First Grade
Worth noting that the past 3 seasons has been the best 3 year crowd season in the history of the club.

average crowd

2010: 17,080
2011: 15,150
2012: 16,803

Since the appointment first of Osbourne, and now of Edwards, there has been a membership drive. If we can pull such hefty crowd figures in 3 bleak seasons (and that's being generous!) then we can only imagine what might happen if we actually win some games!!!

They're currently engaged in future planning, and I like it. Hopefully the plan is to force the govt's hand.

But that's including ANZ games right? It's not surprising since we pretty much give the Dogs and Rabbits another home game, and 2012 had that 46,000 strong crowd for Hindy's farewell. We won't get another like that until Hayne's farewell.

And that's what I mean, if we win some games and start selling out Parra with regularity, then it might be time for a move.

born an eel

Bench
unfortunately all we are doing at the moment is letting the govt know we are happy to move games to ANZ and if they want to invest money they might as well build the wanderers a dedicated stadium at blacktown.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So why was it left to Hayne to front the media??? He wasn't even there yet he had to face the music, surely one of Ricky,Ken or even Sharp should have been the the ones to do that. Instead our new chairman hid at home and didn't answer any calls.

The presser was on Foxsports Noos this morning, it was outside Jarryd's house by the looks of it as he went back inside after the PC.

Why would Sticky or Edwards have to be there ?

Eels had already released an official media release on the matter not sure what more they can do.

IF they weren't so transparent they'd be copping it deluxe as well.

They are dammed if they do and dammed if they dont.

born an eel

Bench
The presser was on Foxsports Noos this morning, it was outside Jarryd's house by the looks of it as he went back inside after the PC.

Eels had already released an official media release on the matter not sure what more they can do.

they also mentioned they didn't want to play it out in the media, besides issueing the media statement as you mentioned all the press would be doing is pressing for names which they don't want out there.

As for the chairman fronting up, it is good that the board allow those employed to run the NRL side do their job and not micro managing every move. Anderson having to front the board after saying that Hayne could of played better was the start of this current situation of players thinking they have the final say.

For all the talk about "losing" home field advantage by moving games to ANZ, the alternate argument about members getting reciprocal rights to the "away" games never seems to be brought up. I would have thought 1-2 extra games included in the price of the membership would have been a nice benefit of playing some games out of ANZ, but obviously most don't see it that way and would be happy to give it up.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Pretty sure Jarryd was out of the front of Parra stadium. I still believe he shouldn't have been the first one to talk to the media about this considering he wasn't even there. But you are right the club would be getting slammed either way.

oldmancraigy

Coach
But that's including ANZ games right? It's not surprising since we pretty much give the Dogs and Rabbits another home game, and 2012 had that 46,000 strong crowd for Hindy's farewell. We won't get another like that until Hayne's farewell.

And that's what I mean, if we win some games and start selling out Parra with regularity, then it might be time for a move.

But those are awful arguments.

We had a higher average in 2010, and that was without Hindy's farewell. And Hindy's farewell drew only 15k more than we average at ANZ - so +1.25k to the overall season average (not a massive number).

And saying that the Dogs/Rabbitohs get another home game is facile. Fact is that we average more people at ANZ than either of those clubs do. And our guys get reciprocal rights to their home games at ANZ too - so it's not like our home average being higher is on account of them being there....

If we start selling Parra out consistently, then it's too late, and we already should have moved. We're already turned business away, and it doesn't tend to come back.
This isn't NQ or the Gold Coast or Newcastle, where the 1 team town thing holds sway. We're a "city team" with multiple competitors on our doorstep. Either we fight for a fan base, or we just give up, roll over and be satisfied that not only are we performing poorly on the field, we're doing crap off it.

The fact that we sell out the Tigers game every season (at least for the last 3) is an indication that we should be playing that game at ANZ this year.

Again, I'm not in favour of ANZ, but I'm opposed to playing on a miniature golf course and wondering why we're not winning the masters.

born an eel

Bench
But those are awful arguments.
are yours any better?
We had a higher average in 2010, and that was without Hindy's farewell. And Hindy's farewell drew only 15k more than we average at ANZ - so +1.25k to the overall season average (not a massive number).
Wonder what happened in 2009 that may affect the 2010 numbers?
And saying that the Dogs/Rabbitohs get another home game is facile. Fact is that we average more people at ANZ than either of those clubs do. And our guys get reciprocal rights to their home games at ANZ too - so it's not like our home average being higher is on account of them being there....
on the times I have gone to an away game at ANZ only a few thousand take up the reciprical rights, but our home games we are outnumbered by away fans
If we start selling Parra out consistently, then it's too late, and we already should have moved. We're already turned business away, and it doesn't tend to come back.
This isn't NQ or the Gold Coast or Newcastle, where the 1 team town thing holds sway. We're a "city team" with multiple competitors on our doorstep. Either we fight for a fan base, or we just give up, roll over and be satisfied that not only are we performing poorly on the field, we're doing crap off it.
if turned away fans never come back, why bother fighting for them, as our numbers drop they are gone....by you assumption
The fact that we sell out the Tigers game every season (at least for the last 3) is an indication that we should be playing that game at ANZ this year.

Again, I'm not in favour of ANZ, but I'm opposed to playing on a miniature golf course and wondering why we're not winning the masters.
the more games we move the more impact we will have on less popular games

Latest posts