What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels were keen to sign Manly backrower Brett Stewart

Jodeci

Bench
JOSH MASSOUD
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
JUNE 14, 2013 12:00AM

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...er-brett-stewart/story-fni3fbgz-1226663467117

Ricky Stuart and the Eels had their eyes on signing Glenn Stewart. Picture: Braden Fastier Source: The Daily Telegraph
WELL before Adam Blair and Frank-Paul Nu'uausala entered Parramatta's recruitment plans, the Eels had their sights set on a much bigger prize.

We can confirm Manly superstar Glenn Stewart was featuring heavily in discussions among Ricky Stuart and his coaching staff.

Stuart sensed a chance to prise Stewart from Brookvale 12 months before his contract expires next season.

The representative backrower is on a dramatically back-ended deal, which has piled three years' worth of salary cap increase bonuses into his final season.

That means Stewart will just about be the most expensive player in Manly's squad next year, and Parramatta suspected that a long-term offer could convince Manly to grant an early release. Talks progressed through April and May, but his asking price of around $650,000-a-season proved too rich.

Advertisement

PARRAMATTA lord mayor John Chedid apparently has no idea - or has been misled - about the machinations of his local footy club, the Eels. This week Chedid described The Daily Telegraph's report about Eels CEO Ken Edwards making inquiries into moving more games to ANZ Stadium as "incorrect". It's curious Chedid formed such a view, given his close ties to the brother of new Eels deputy chairman Tom Issa.

After being elected to the Eels board last month, Issa and the other directors received a briefing about the possible shift of four or possibly five games per season to Olympic Park in 2014. Whether they support the proposal is irrelevant to the veracity of our report, which merely exposed the fact Edwards had been investigating the options and even sought advice from Eels lawyer Brian Belling about their MOU with Parramatta Stadium.

Insiders at ANZ Stadium have also confirmed negotiations were under way with other clubs to maximise big derbies staged at Homebush Bay under the state government's new stadium policy. And Edwards himself conceded Parramatta need to keep their options open, given the club's 40,000 membership target.

eel4life

Juniors
Jodeci, great to see the plumber hard at work at stopping the leaks i wonder if he is going to have a chat to Issa ...

Gronk

Staff member
images

Jodeci

Bench
Got any info on potential signings Jodeci ?

Stagger is the man for that.

I like the look of Michael Oldfield

Would be a handy player for us who can cover Wing, Fullback and Centre.

Not happy at the Chooks.

We should make a play for him

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Stagger is the man for that.

I like the look of Michael Oldfield

Would be a handy player for us who can cover Wing, Fullback and Centre.

Not happy at the Chooks.

We should make a play for him

I mentioned him to a mate the other day. He would be a good pickup.

Delboy

First Grade
3P/Josh Massoud/Jodeci, best mates and leaks central.

Someone's second post is to give it to a long term member of the Eels, should not be a surprise that there is less footy talk and rumours up on the page, this is a footy forum .

Most people who did not bag the pervious board, wanted some stability, still we have what we have, and we should just get on with it , not have a dig at people. If you knew what Jodeci did for local footy, you may not be so jaundiced.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Its Joshy guys, the same guy who suggested we were moving to ANZ

probably nothing in it

born an eel

Bench
JOSH MASSOUD
THE DAILY TELEGRAPH
JUNE 14, 2013 12:00AM

http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/spor...er-brett-stewart/story-fni3fbgz-1226663467117

PARRAMATTA lord mayor John Chedid apparently has no idea - or has been misled - about the machinations of his local footy club, the Eels. This week Chedid described The Daily Telegraph's report about Eels CEO Ken Edwards making inquiries into moving more games to ANZ Stadium as "incorrect". It's curious Chedid formed such a view, given his close ties to the brother of new Eels deputy chairman Tom Issa.

Jodeci, great to see the plumber hard at work at stopping the leaks i wonder if he is going to have a chat to Issa ...
eVEN 3p/Josh mentions that even with the close ties that Chedid did not have any idea what was going on.
Hey but don't let the facts get in the way of your propaganda.

Maybe you need to look closer to home who is the ones leaking.

natheel

Coach
His name has been mentioned but only at the right price same with Naquama

Oldfield and Kev Naiqama would boost our wing stocks 100%!! If Sio improves he and Oldfield would fight out one position but I reckon Kev would walk into the 5 jersey