What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANZ Stadium and Olympic Park Rail Station

DC_fan

Coach
I know ANZ stadium has been opened for some years now, but this problem did not occur to me until last night when I had to walk from the station to the stadium and back again in the rain.

Why didn't they build the station closer to the stadium and have underground walkways through to the stadium. So fans could walk between the two areas without having to worry about the weather.

I know the distance between station and stadium is not that far but if its pouring down rain then any distance is too far. Their is just no cover.

Olympic Park is all about the stadium. No stadium then no Olympic Park.

The Gambler

Juniors
Probably boils down to the logistics and cost, remembering as well Olympic Park was catering to hundreds of thousands of people a day during the Olympics.

DC_fan

Coach
Probably boils down to the logistics and cost, remembering as well Olympic Park was catering to hundreds of thousands of people a day during the Olympics.

You are probably right with that comment. Anyway its way too late to anything about it now.

Bit if back 15 or so years ago if they had just gave a little thought about it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, must be all of 750m. God forbid you should live in a country with really bad weather, you'd never leave home!

In terms of the station being closer , it wouldnt work well for large events. When 80K stream out of the stadium at the same time , you need room for them to move.

Same would go for underground walkways. They'd have to be huge in order to allow for proper movement & ventilation.

All fine going in , but going out is what they were thinking of.

rabbitohs95

Bench
You can just walk around the stadium to the nearest exit, and it's literally a minute walk. Seriously...

thorson1987

Coach
Also remember the train station doesn't just serve ANZ Stadium.

Build a tunnel to the stadium, you would also need tunnels through the whole precinct

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hey PR, what game you going out to see this weekend?

Usually at a warl game on a sat afternoon but about to head to ferall brewery for a birthday beer session. I'd be at nib if the NRL ever see sense and give us a team, rain or sun, night or day!

Last edited:
Usually at a warl game on a sat afternoon but about to head to ferall brewery for a birthday beer session. I'd be at nib if the NRL ever see sense and give us a team, rain or sun, night or day!

Sorry...should have said next weekend.

I hope you're there :) without the Dickers fans about.

I remember that Bronocs game in the swimming pool in 2011. LOL

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
The average person would take 5-6 minutes to walk from stadium to station. You can get plenty wet standing in the rain for that amount of time.

Having said that, buy a f**king umbrella or raincoat. Bit more economical than expecting 30 mill worth of tunnels to be built for you

Stagger Lee

Bench
While we are on the subject - which is closer to the nearest train station
Kogarah oval
Campbelltown stadium
Olympic park

Eric Galt

Juniors
You think you have problems at Olympic Park. I want an underground tunnel between Brookie and the nearest train station.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Answer my own question

Campbelltown stadium @ 230 metre

Olympic @ 400 metre

Kogarah Jubilee @ 550 metre

Based on the nearest station exit to nearest stadium entrance

Latest posts