What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 v Dragons

mxlegend99

Referee
Can we just get the Duges to line up against us every week? 3 games and 3 convincing wins for us. Any team with heart has something he doesn't.

Randy81

Juniors
There is no doubt that Roberts has some pace and potential but Gees he has some mistakes in him. Terribly exposed tonight but to his credit did get some big plays at the end.

I am sure he will get better but imo we should have switched him to centre and tighe to wing when he was struggling for ball control under the high ball.

maple_69

Bench
Definitely agree, would have been better switching them. Roberts definitely has wheels though, hope he makes it. Moylan looks like he's played 100 first grade games. Even that balls up of a kick off where Simmons should have taken the ball, Moylan came up with an absolutely sublime take. Matty Robinson was great again and Mose was a monster. Despite a crap game Grant deserves a Blues jersey. He doesnt have many games like that.

GongPanther

Referee
Can we just get the Duges to line up against us every week? 3 games and 3 convincing wins for us. Any team with heart has something he doesn't.

This site had a match report on the home page by Sanna Trad.

Strangely she gave Dugan 2 points for the man of the match honours.

And on the nrl.com site there was this:

"Dugan was understandably below his best after being hammered by Queensland in State of Origin II on Wednesday night."

http://www.nrl.com/penrith-beat-dragons-25-10-in-nrl/tabid/10874/newsid/73196/default.aspx

Not the first time that the Panthers have won convincingly yet did not toll all the points.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
One incident I can't believe didn't draw a penalty or go on report was when Nathan Fien kicked out with his boot after being tackled.

Fien clearly attempted to kick the Panther player, he wasn't trying to free himself from the tackle he was trying to kick the Panther player no doubt.

TheFrog

Coach
Dugan looked dangerous at times but was shaded by Moylan, I thought, including being beaten cold for that crucial try.

Dugan seems to be about the only attacking weapon the Dragons possess these days. Makes one wonder where they'd be without that rooftop booze-up.

Last edited:

Nealo 12

Bench
Luke Walsh went well, only blemish from memory was the pass over the sideline after he regathered his kick.He does throw a mean torpedo pass when he's on song.

betcats

Referee
One incident I can't believe didn't draw a penalty or go on report was when Nathan Fien kicked out with his boot after being tackled.

Fien clearly attempted to kick the Panther player, he wasn't trying to free himself from the tackle he was trying to kick the Panther player no doubt.

Watch that tackle, Lewis had his hand over Fiens mouth and was ripping his head in an uncomfortable looking way. Not excusing the kick but if someone did what Lewis did to a penrith player I would be filthy.

GongPanther

Referee
Dugan looked dangerous at times but was shaded by Moylan, I thought, including being beaten cold for that crucial try.

Dugan seems to be about the only attacking weapon the Dragons possess these days. Makes one wonder where they'd be without that rooftop booze-up.

meek

Juniors
Thought Grant was ordinary - clearly still has issue with hand - came back too early .
Moylan - fantastic - different side when he plays
IMO even Ciraldo and Newton went okay

Good win nevertheless -
Need to improve to continue winning tho - most teams wont be as inept in attack as the dragons.
They need to work on Roberts under the high ball - not a clue - all coaches will kick to him after that performance in the air