What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Saturday afternoons?

nrlnrl

First Grade
Looking ahead to future seasons it can't happen until mid April due to concerns about the heat & with this they also need to factor in no Daylight Savings in QLD

Tiger_Tim

Juniors
This could especially work if the Saturday afternoon games are those held in regional/expansion areas, as was suggested by Rabs on MMM on Saturday.

Also, with the Saturday afternoon games, does 2GB or MMM get them?

skeepe

Immortal
This could especially work if the Saturday afternoon games are those held in regional/expansion areas, as was suggested by Rabs on MMM on Saturday.

Also, with the Saturday afternoon games, does 2GB or MMM get them?

Could definitely work in Canberra. Junior league is played on Sundays here anyway.

nrlnrl

First Grade
My son is only 6, so his games are all over by 10am Saturday mornings. A Saturday afternoon game would be much better for us than all those night time games.

fair point, but another group of people to consider is those who work 9 to 5 on Saturdays & can't go to games before 5.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Its actually quite intelligent scheduling to play an early evening game in nz and not lose out here

looking forward to this and I hope its permanent, my Saturday afternoons are boring drawn out affairs most weeks and I have to resort to nsw cup to fill in the time.

Diesel

Referee
Anyone know how well the game rated? I'd like to see a Saturday arvo game most weeks between May and August, there's not much to gain playing it in the heat during March and April but when it cooks down this timeslot would really cater to younger families and fans

TeamSatan

Juniors
Saturday afternoons games are ancient history in Sydney.
It works in vic because thats their only escape from the horror that is melbourne in winter.

Docbrown a few posts earlier has it right....

Repeating something which failed before usually results in failure again.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So 168k for Sharks v Warriors. Good solid start especially considering the matchup

Canberra v doggies and Dragons v tigers to come so that should improve to 200K plus

Latest posts