What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Raider_69

Post Whore
Get over it? What is there to get over?
Perhaps its you who has the problem. Your obviously not a fan of having your opinion challenged, at which point id suggest an internet forum is maybe not the place for you

D

Deleted member 10972

The only guys with the guaranteed pass marks are:

Gallen
Lewis
Bird
Merrin
Fifita
Tamou
Watmough
Jennings (had the dropsies but looked very dangerous)
Dugan (see Jennings)
Farah

Hayne when fully fit is a must too. Everyone else should have a massive question mark over their head.

1. Dugan
2. Hayne
4. Jennings
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Gallen
11. Bird
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

15. Merrin
16. Fifita

Maloney and Pearce showed that they are good club halves but lack that extra dimension at representative level. The Morris brothers are still a bit meh IMO - Josh is safer due to lack of centre depth, but Brett would be up against Ferguson and Uate who are both very talented and dangerous on their day.

We need AT LEAST one more good prop - Woods, Mannah, White, King, Kite, Snowden, Weyman, TLL and many more over the previous years showing they aren't at that level. Gibbs and Tolman are both honest toilers but aren't the right sort of players. I would go with Grant on the bench with Fifita, and if we wanted to field a larger pack (Lewis to bench utility, Gallen to lock), I'd bring in a mean big bopper like Galloway.

If we keep Gal at prop, I think a utility like Sutton, Graham, or even Glenn Stewart (i.e. a ball playing backrower who could play halves if needed) would contribute more than Reynolds. Farah plays best when he is out there for 80 minutes.

Liddell

Juniors
1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Beau Scott
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Jarryd Hayne
15. Willie Mason
16. Andrew Fifita
17. Boyd Cordner

imo

They'll give the QLD residents side a run.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Woods was extremely disappointing id have to say. I honestly thought he'd come in at this level and look solid, but he's looked completely out of his depth. He's far too good to give up on this quickly and im sure he'll still have a long Origin career but it was very disappointing debut series for him i think

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I'm still shocked that Grant wasn't even considered for Origin. Woods is a gun, but there was no need to rush him in when there is already a guy that's been a proven performer at that level only 12 months ago. Woods has still got plenty of years ahead of him.

Tommy Smith

Referee
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Michael Jennings
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Todd Carney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. Tim Grant
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Andrew Fifita
15. Trent Merrin
16. Anthony Watmough
17. John Sutton

Puntastic

Juniors
In my long and illustrious career as arm chair coach, this is probably the first year i've been totally stumped as to how I'd fix this team. They all just looked so disorganised, and there appears to be no rapport between players. It was like they were totally surprised to be out there.

Dugan's positioning at fullback was atrocious (he was a little more comfortable in attack, but I'm not sold)
McManus wouldn't have been my choice, and certainly shouldn't be a mainstay (he's 90% safe, but has limited spark) - he did his job well and should be commended, but isn't origin material I don't think.
I thought maybe Mithell with Maloney and Jennings would bring some cohesion that QLD have, but man do I have egg on my face. Never again.

Is it just me though, or are we really shit outta luck for options?

Gallen Tamou Grant Merrin Fifita Watmough and Woods all deserve a spot IMO. Even the point where another 12 months might be enough to see Cordner replace Hoffman. We have the forwards to compete with QLD's.

But I cant see a 1-7 combination that can match QLD's.

NSW have to learn to play smarter, because we cannot possibly play harder.

Last edited:

voltron

Juniors
Im not sure that brett morris should get such a automatic pick on our left wing
He honestly doesnt do too much

Isn't Jorge Tafua (spelling?) on the left, i think next year he would be a better prospect

and while Dugan was good, i kept wishing for Hayne
I think with Woods you'll need to keep monitoring him
and watching our other props as well

Joely01

Bench
People are saying Dugan played well last night. Is that because his kick returns were strong?

His defence wasn't that good, he was out of position on our line a lot.
The attack stopped because he hasn't got a passing game.

I'll give him a rap that his running game is good, and he can finish plays.

So instead of what a lot are saying about 1. Dugan 2.hayne
Why not.
1. Hayne (far superior in attack and much better passing game, stronger in defence as well)
2. Dugan (still can benefit from his kick returns, and he can use his finishing skills on the wing.

Personally though, my 2014 backline would be:
1. Hayne
2. Ferguson
3. Jennings
4. J moz
5. B moz
6. Maloney
7. Carney

chrisD

Coach
People are f**king blind and have short memories, they're only able to remember the last 25 minutes when Dugan wasn't below par and can't remember how much f**king better Hayne was in game 1, and forever.

Hutty1986

Immortal
People are f**king blind and have short memories, they're only able to remember the last 25 minutes when Dugan wasn't below par and can't remember how much f**king better Hayne was in game 1, and forever.

Lol, you're a joke. Dugan was very good all game. Stick to glorifying high shots.

Last edited:

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Dugan had some strong carries, but that's it. Hayne showed that he's a match winner at the back and I bet he wouldn't of blown that try that Dugan did.

Last edited:

Springs

First Grade
19 runs, 168m and one error. I'm a massive fan of Hayne and he would have been a better option at fullback if fit but Duges was still very good regardless imo

Wow as a fullback who ran the ball back far far more than his wingers that's about par. He's a good runner but he added nothing to the attack and his one break off a great offload he fumbled it comically. Played no better than any other of our backs apart from Pearce.

I can see Daley picking Dugan, B.Morris, Maloney, Hoffman, Woods etc again when there are better options and maybe even Pearce. Plus he'll bring Gidley back. He'll probably use the same excuse for not picking Reynolds again even if Souths win the premiership.

Springs

First Grade
QLD is choc full of arrogant POS... they've just towelled us up for the 8th series straight... and you blokes want to start running a charactor test over footy players, who if you had to generalise them, you'd say they are all f**king dopes.

Goodness me, might as well chalk them up for 10 straight already. If SOO was picked on how good a bloke you are, 2-contracts Cam would have never gotten a run, nor would his mates Justin Hodges, GI, Billy Slater or Sam Thiaday.

Christ, arguably two of our best players - Bird and Gallen are absolute merkins of a blokes. One glasses his girl and tries to pin it on his mate, whilst the other spent the best part of his career disgracing himself on the paddock with all mannor of acts. I wouldnt have a NSW team without them. They are pricks, QLD hate them and they love it. Hell a lot of NSW fans hate them too when they arent playing for the blues.

Nice guys finish last gents. If Dugan isnt the best fullback fit, then dont pick him. If he is then he should be playing unless he is otherwise unable. If next year Fergo has kept his nose clean and he's considered the best player available for the spot, NSW would be f**king mad to pick some numpty who isnt as good but is a nice guy over him.

SOO isnt about being nice and respectable bloke. It's the hardest game of footy you'll play. It's about winning, by any means necessary. Do you recon after 8 series in a row QLD fans give a f**king shit what we think of their players?

Do me a favour will you gents.

What a post full of bullshit,

- If Bird had been found guilty of glassing he'd be nowhere near the sport let alone Origin.
- Gallen was regularly left out of the NSW side when he disgraced himself and lost the Sharks captaincy. He cleaned up his act and has been a good role model since being NSW captain.
- Dugan and Ferguson should never have been near the NSW side and I applaud them for suspending Ferguson. After the f**k-ups Dugan has made he should have never have considered. The administrators try to clean up the game to appeal to families with soft rule changes yet let f**kheads like Dugan play for NSW a few weeks after acting like a complete trackhead, We wouldn't have needed Dugan anyway. We still played shit with him game 2 and a better player in Brett Stewart was back playing NRL by game 3.
- Comparing with QLD is idiotic. Part of the reason I hate QLD is they are choc full of dickheads. Would rather not have our team full of players I hate just as much.

With Bird's dives, penalties and all round grubby play we wouldn't lose much if he wasn't in the side. Lewis and Watmough were better than him this series anyway.

betcats

Referee
Dugan played pretty good, but if he passes the ball that one time and he holds onto that great offload its an absolute killer performance, but he didnt, Hayne probably would of, Stewart too.

Either way Fergo and Dugan shouldnt be considered next year imo, selfish pricks.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Hahahah f**k off genius, Maloney and Pearce are the shittest origin players, thats a losing spine.

Latest posts