What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashton

Juniors
New Rumoured and Confirmed Signings thread.

Old thread locks when it reaches 3000.

Mods can you make this a sticky

Horrible call with all the forwards we have next year. Can't be have Kingston in the forwards for 60mins doing nothing

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure why we want to keep him around for another year, especially after having issues with our top 25 this year that kept younger and better players from being able to be properly developed. That means we can pencil in:

9. Kevin Kingston
14. James Segeyaro

And we've just lost a spot to fit in an extra one of Peachey, Cartright, VTK, Robinson, Docker, Austin etc. We should have had Taylor or Brown cover Segeyaro for 20 minutes a game at hooker, so we can fit in another proper second rower/utility.

I like Kingston. But IMO he is lucky to be part of this years squad, and next season our forward depth is going to be even better. I also don't like seeing him playing second row/lock when Segeyaro comes on. That is a role that would be better performed by Lewis Brown.

Puntastic

Juniors
On one hand, he's a class act. Compare him to Lewis losing the captaincy. He handled it well, shrugged it off and kept putting in 110% each week without spitting the dummy.

On the other hand, what do we do with him? Do we make the guy we showed no faith in captain again? And does he keep playing in lock? I don't mind it this year, but as MX said, it's taking up space for younger players that we could have promoted and we have an abundance of backrowers.

I admire Kingston, and appreciate everything he's done for the club, but I'm not really of the opinion this is a step forward.

It seems like an odd decision if they really want him to stick around in NSW cup, too.

Without knowing the details, I guess time will tell exactly what the plan is.

Pomoz

Bench
On one hand, he's a class act. Compare him to Lewis losing the captaincy. He handled it well, shrugged it off and kept putting in 110% each week without spitting the dummy.
Its a really interesting point you make because lets be honest, Lewis is twice the player Kingston is from a skill perspective. But what about leadership? What about his impact on the club's culture? Luke obviously wasn't able to match Kevin from that perspective and his "temporary" stand down dummy spit is probably a good example of the difference between the two. Leadership has such a massive impact on the team, but it is often difficult to define and perceive.

A great example of this is Cameron Smith. The Storm's winning percentage drop from 73% to 40% when he doesn't play, yet the same number of tackles and passes are often delivered by his replacement. So why? Leadership.

Its a really interesting point you make because lets be honest, Lewis is twice the player Kingston is from a skill perspective. But what about leadership? What about his impact on the club's culture? Luke obviously wasn't able to match Kevin from that perspective and his "temporary" stand down dummy spit is probably a good example of the difference between the two. Leadership has such a massive impact on the team, but it is often difficult to define and perceive.

A great example of this is Cameron Smith. The Storm's winning percentage drop from 73% to 40% when he doesn't play, yet the same number of tackles and passes are often delivered by his replacement. So why? Leadership

I hear what you're saying.

But I'd say the bigger factor in the drop in winning percentage at the storm without smith would be that Cronk & Slater are typically missing at the same time ( origin duties)

Pomoz

Bench
I hear what you're saying.

But I'd say the bigger factor in the drop in winning percentage at the storm without smith would be that Cronk & Slater are typically missing at the same time ( origin duties)
Yes, but it is the same when they are there. He has missed games beside SOO related games. Remember the GF against Manly? 40 to nil!!

maple_69

Bench
Im sure he could have got a 1 or 2 year gig at Parra with all his mates or NQLD. Their hookers are woeful and Kingston would make a big difference in a few sides like that.

Probably not good news for Foster.

Iafeta

Referee
Not sure why we want to keep him around for another year, especially after having issues with our top 25 this year that kept younger and better players from being able to be properly developed. That means we can pencil in:

9. Kevin Kingston
14. James Segeyaro

And we've just lost a spot to fit in an extra one of Peachey, Cartright, VTK, Robinson, Docker, Austin etc. We should have had Taylor or Brown cover Segeyaro for 20 minutes a game at hooker, so we can fit in another proper second rower/utility.

I like Kingston. But IMO he is lucky to be part of this years squad, and next season our forward depth is going to be even better. I also don't like seeing him playing second row/lock when Segeyaro comes on. That is a role that would be better performed by Lewis Brown.

In all fairness mate, you really don't want that. Elijah is a fantastic lock, but a dreadful hooker. Horribly slow ball clearance, balls passed to no one, the show and go from dummy half for a net gain of 2 metres and a slow ruck... Brown isn't that much better TBH. Brown as far as dummy half running goes is excellent, but you'd get that out of him as a backrower anyway. He knows when a hard run out of dummy half is required and he'll always get in there and do it. His pass speed from dummy half is too slow though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts