What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings and Even More Crap XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
Anyway back to the signings. I'm pretty sure Peats should be announced after the Souths game on Monday night. Spoke to a mad Souths mate of mine at the kids soccer yesterday and he told me that Peats agreed to terms weeks ago.

IFR33K

Coach
Gotta say, the new board is doing a marvelous job.

Sacking KE, by all accounts was a step in the right direction.

Playing out of parra stadium is only going to benefit us.

All we need now is a win, to give the boys spirits a lift.

natheel

Coach
Anyway back to the signings. I'm pretty sure Peats should be announced after the Souths game on Monday night. Spoke to a mad Souths mate of mine at the kids soccer yesterday and he told me that Peats agreed to terms weeks ago.

Fingers crossed. Probably just waiting on Souths side for them to grant him to break the contract I guess

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is it true that this current board got in on the back of the dundas vikings members voting for Fitzy ?

Dundas Vikings are controlling our club!
Isn't that the non performing club that we have poured millions into without any sort of return??? So we saved that money pit????Sounds like great business sense too me :?

lingard

Coach
Brian Smith a CEO? Really? The bloke sure knows his sh*t, but that has never been his issue. The mind games and lack of leadership around the place once he put his stamp on the joint would be ridiculous.

The guys is a wreck when dealing with equals. No, no freakin way.

Absolutely agree. There's a reason this guy has never won a premiership. Narcissism.

lingard

Coach
David shillington looks ok - good size prop I think we need someone with his running style and size . If we could get him for a decent price we shoujd consider him. Watching the raiders it was clear we lack some size - shillington would help. Also Stuart has been playing with three props on the field so we could do with another prop.

No offence, mate, but what do you think Mossop is? And what do you think Hock is? And why on earth would we get Shillington for a 'decent price'?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
From another post.......

With a bigger more powerful pack of forwards next year Kelly is going to shine at 7. Considering how much bigger and more powerful the Raiders pack is, Kelly did very well behind a pack of forwards struggling to hold back a much more superior pack of forwards. We need three more players of a gutsy NRL standard to join our squad for next year and we are a very good chance of making the 8 next year. With Kelly cementing 7 what happens with Sandow now..... 14/9???

A GF spine (my prediction)

1. Hopoate
6. Hayne this position is inevitable for Jarryd
7. Kelly we have finally found our stable smart organising half back
9. Roby (if we can get him) or someone like Peats or Cameron King

2. Sio or Semi or Takai (once he gets blooded)
3. Norman (imagine Hopoate or Semi etc etc running off Norman who is currently a slightly smaller version of Mick Cronin - maybe this is why we might not get Lafai or go after Inu)
4. Tonga
5. Morgan or Semi or Takai or see below Falou

8. Mannah
10. Mossop
11. Harrison (he has shocked me - becoming an excellent second rower) or Loko or Tangerine Dream
12. Hock
13. Lussick

14. (see 9 above) - throw in Pritchard as we continue to slowly blood him into NRL
15, 16, 17 (and other players still to be blooded) to be fought out amongst a cast of thousands....
Allgood - a thug of a player - the worst of this thig still to come..... PLEASE......
Williame - he is a promising back up center/winger/fullback - the best of him still to come - be patient, he's a goer
Junior Paulo (wow, what a player - he is almost the best (if not the best) of our junior crops coming through
Loko as a second rower - wide attacking receiver
Terepo - another awesome player - WOWWWW -
Tangerine Dream can't wait to see him play NRL again next year ---- WOWWWW
Manu Mau - am very excited to see what comes from Mau playing NRL - fingers crossed - he looks a beauty
Kenny Edwards - can his body handle the riggers of week to week NRL or will his bruised liver pack it in every second week?
Fui Fui
Fraser M - another WOWWW of a player still to be blooded - he has international written all over him
Lasalo (he will get better - I still think he is a goer - just needed more mongrel and he will find that from the best angry passionate arsehole our club has acquired since Daniel Anderson, enter Ricky Stuart).
Maafu - looking forward to seeing how he handles NRL week in week out - looks promising - fingers crossed
John Falou - still to be blooded - if he is half as good as his older brother then he could be blooded playing on the wing next year - fingers crossed
Ualesi - another WOWWW of a player - possibly not ready until 2015 - he and Junior Paulo & Pauli Pauli could become our long term bookends in a few years.
Pauli Pauli - looking forward to seeing him being blooded in the NRL for a game or two this year or next year - another promising junior who needs to put on at least another 5ks by sometime next year - fingers crossed

Norman to play in the centers where he will shine with Tonga.
Morgan to the wing with Sio and Loko to the backrow, bench or not.
Semi, might be good enough by next year to take a wing spot. I like him and he is another player we must be very patient with for the rest of this year. Let him now learn the ropes of NRL standards.

Things are seriously looking up for next years - we are serious top 8 contenders for 2014.

Tune in next month for Casper's latest updates and don't be surprised if he has thrown today's predictions in the garbage bin by then - such is the way when following the Eels..... :lol::lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No offence, mate, but what do you think Mossop is? And what do you think Hock is? And why on earth would we get Shillington for a 'decent price'?

He apparently wants out of Canberra and he may not have a lot options ( or he may) so we may be able to get him at an ok price. Mossop is only 103kg and hock is about 100kg , shillington is about 114kg - he is a lot bigger. I think we need a couple of big forwards - and with his age / experience he may also provide some leadership which we are missing.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
He apparently wants out of Canberra and he may not have a lot options ( or he may) so we may be able to get him at an ok price. Mossop is only 103kg and hock is about 100kg , shillington is about 114kg - he is a lot bigger. I think we need a couple of big forwards - and with his age / experience he may also provide some leadership which we are missing.

Would be a very good buy if we can get him at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.