What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Round 4 :: Saints vs Souths

Hutty1986

Immortal
Hey Ref, I think SGL posted my article via proxy because he thought I might miss the deadline. As it turns out, I snuck in just in time! So the one I posted is the final version!

LeagueNut

First Grade
Good evening ladles and jellyspoons.

Dragons

Godz Illa
Sophie’s Choice (746 words)
An enjoyable read, very relatable and even more poignant with Monday nights result.
Score = 89

Slippery Morris
Best Day Ever (746 words)
This one started well but wound up with a fairly predictable conclusion that lacked a bit of "oomph". A few typos impacted your score as well.
Score = 76
Big giant hairy note: The word counter shows this article as 760 words which would normally incur a penalty. I have found that the colon in each of the times has impacted the word count, i.e. 8:00am is counted as two words, while 800am is counted as one word. I don't believe this is worthy of a penalty but I strongly recommend that you thoroughly check your submissions in the official word counter going forward to rule out the chance of any penalties being applied.

DB
Fledgeman’s Last Stand (676 words)
In a word - strange. I enjoyed the setup but struggled to first follow where it was going, then ultimately where it ended up. There were a number of grammatical errors that affected your score.
Score = 74

Tanner Ave
The fight of my life (738 words)
A long-ish buildup concludes with a sledge hammer finish that had me smiling and nodding in agreement. Unfortunately a number of typos and grammatical errors knocked a few points off your score.
Score = 79

Hutty1986
Gotta have faith (750 words)
Nicely written with a few sharp jabs against the Maroons thrown in for good measure.
Score = 84

Rabbitohs

soc123_au
State of Origin is not dead (709 words)
Well structured with a number of very valid points made. Some typos knocked a few points off your score.
Score = 83

Bubbles
Pearcing the Veil (739 words)
You appear to have a great deal of affection for commas which made this one a little difficult to read. Despite that, you've been able to achieve the often tricky balance of criticism and support at the same time - if only there were more posters like you in the discussion forums.
Score = 82

byrne_rovelli_fan82
I hate long goodbyes…on second thought good riddance! (715 words)
Your title grabbed me straight away and your final sentence wraps the whole thing up very nicely. A few grammatical errors affected your score.
Score = 81

Marshall_magic
This Is How It Ends (746 words)
I enjoyed this one - it's a simple message delivered well with good supporting arguments. A few typos and grammatical errors affected your score.
Score = 80

Monk
Benefits of the Oval Office (738 words)
Very odd but strangely compelling. Your picture added a certain amount of charm to the whole piece as well.
Score = 82

Result: Rabbitohs 408 defeated Dragons 402
POTM: Godz Illa (Dragons) :clap:

soc123_au

Staff member
Yay, go the Bunnies. Some very good reads in there. After reading Godz Illa's article I was cheering hard for the Dragons last night. Stoked they got home for you.

Godz Illa

Coach
Thanks ref and all.

In the interests of symmetry I thought my article may have earned a perfect score of 100. Opportunity missed, LeagueNut.

Monk

Referee
Backpacker Award Points

3pts : 89 : - God Illa
2pts : 84 : - Hutty1986
1pts : 83 : - soc123_au