What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipmunk

Coach
According to Hadley Wallace has been told he is unwanted in 2014. Swap for Sandow?

I actually think both players would suit the opposite team better. Sandow would be very well suited to the Broncos, in fact I think he could become a star, with an organising player like Prince around and I think we need a quality organiser in the 7 similar to Wallace as we will have plenty of creative players in the backs next year.

PS - So the Broncos have essentially removed their Top 8 halves combination from 2012 in Norman and Wallace to accommodate Scott Prince and are now facing a bottom 4 finish. Not sure signing him was their smartest ever move.

Last edited:

Bigfella

Coach
No thanks to wallace. Passing and kicking execution under pressure is very ordinary.

Has the basic skills and is tough as hell and can tackle but just not skilfull enough

Ratchy

Juniors
At least he can tackle. Wallace + Norman or Wallace + Hayne is not a bad 6/7 combo. At least we don't need to hide on the wing.

Come to think of it Robbo would be cheaper and do the same job...

No...he has been very average at the Broncos and would be just as bad if not worse at Parra.

Why not a backup 9 if he's a good tackler

Because he'd probably be asking too much to be someones back up? Besides, don't you want your back up hooker/#14 to be someone that create some impact? Wallace would be close to the slowest halves in the NRL, and one of the worst passers of the ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Wallace is an NRL quality halfback - he can kick, pass and tackle - but his running game is poor and therefore so is his ability as a playmaker.

To be honest I don't know why they bought Prince, who is a similar player now that his running game has left him (although with worse defence). Maybe they got him for his leadership, which is something the Broncos seem to lack.

Anyway, with Prince contracted for next year they don't need Wallace. But he should get a starting spot somewhere. He's like Luke Kelly only with more experience.

jk13

First Grade
wallace is total rubbish. please do not consider. his days of being an effective half is over. only position that may suit his inept attacking abilities is lock.

Someone

Bench
Wallace is an NRL quality halfback - he can kick, pass and tackle - but his running game is poor and therefore so is his ability as a playmaker.

To be honest I don't know why they bought Prince, who is a similar player now that his running game has left him (although with worse defence). Maybe they got him for his leadership, which is something the Broncos seem to lack.

Anyway, with Prince contracted for next year they don't need Wallace. But he should get a starting spot somewhere. He's like Luke Kelly only with more experience.

:sarcasm:

lingard

Coach
Matt Groat would be a nice signing. He's 6ft 3, 100kgs. At 21 he's had a taste of FG with 17 games.

He's an Australian School Boy and also played in the U20's Origin game last year.

He hasn't played much this year after f**king his foot in a ditch.

He's also from Rankin Springs, which IIRC would please one forumite who is also from that part of the world.

Sounds like he really lost control one night.

lingard

Coach
I actually think both players would suit the opposite team better. Sandow would be very well suited to the Broncos, in fact I think he could become a star, with an organising player like Prince around and I think we need a quality organiser in the 7 similar to Wallace as we will have plenty of creative players in the backs next year.

PS - So the Broncos have essentially removed their Top 8 halves combination from 2012 in Norman and Wallace to accommodate Scott Prince and are now facing a bottom 4 finish. Not sure signing him was their smartest ever move.

I actually reckon Sandow's best fit would be at the Dragons. Playing alongside Gareth Widdop would complement his game totally.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I actually reckon Sandow's best fit would be at the Dragons. Playing alongside Gareth Widdop would complement his game totally.

I don't see a great difference in Kelly's game and Widdops apart from Widdop having a superior running game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Widdop is overrated, the storm make him look better then he is like they have to a lot of players.

Kris Keating will make widdop look very average next year just because he is playing 5/8 in the storm side - that's if he ends up there as rumoured.

Last edited:

Parraren

Bench
Keep a close eye on the Cowboys over the coming weeks.

Good chance some contracted players may want to walk if Henry gets the chop...

Status
Not open for further replies.