What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 new boys thread!

Springs

First Grade
Only the ones who are physically up to it.

Jersey Flegg was under 19s back when I wasn't good enough to make it. SG Ball was under 17s and Harold Matts was under 15s.

Flegg has never been higher than under 20s. But there used to be an under 21s (called Presidents Cup) below reserve grade, right up until sometime in the 90s, and until the 80s there was also an under 23s.

I don't think there's enough money for three grades of paid players (or rather, the most influential players don't want to share that money).

Any players under 20 who aren't physically up to it shouldn't be playing.

Of course there is enough money. There was before and the NRL should have more now with the TV deal. In fact there isn't really a need for U23s. Keep it as U20s but have reserve grade as the main second competition.

Delboy

First Grade
The success of NYC replacing reserve grade was the person who came up with the concept, step on down Fitzy, was sold on his brainy idea that if you're not playing first grade by 20 then you wouldn't.

That together with his idea that reserve grade cost too much, guess where we are now, you wouldn't want him near rugby league again , sack the board :)

rabbitohs95

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Morgan
4. Loko
5. Hopoate
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Mossop
11. Hock
12. Terepo
13. Joseph Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Junior Paulo

Of course being an outsider i won't know all the details on who's best picked but from memory that wouldn't be a bad team at all.

Gronk

Staff member
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Morgan
4. Loko
5. Hopoate
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Mossop
11. Hock
12. Terepo
13. Joseph Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Junior Paulo

Of course being an outsider i won't know all the details on who's best picked but from memory that wouldn't be a bad team at all.

I'm thinking Joseph Paulo won't be at the club next year. So Darcy Lussick can slot in at 13.

Need to find a better winger than Sio IMHO.

Someone

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Morgan
4. Loko
5. Hopoate
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Mossop
11. Hock
12. Terepo
13. Joseph Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Junior Paulo

Close, id say...

13. Lussick

and with Tanginoa and Santi in the side, its possible both of those will be pushing for a bench spot, maybe even push Terepo back to the bench. Im really optimistic about 2014.

Someone

Bench
I'm thinking Joseph Paulo won't be at the club next year. So Darcy Lussick can slot in at 13.

Need to find a better winger than Sio IMHO.

if Sio is our weakest link, i think we are laughing. hes a solid first grader.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Morgan
4. Loko
5. Hopoate
6. Norman
7. Kelly
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Mossop
11. Hock
12. Terepo
13. Joseph Paulo

14. Pritchard
15. Moi Moi
16. Allgood
17. Junior Paulo

Tonga, Sandow, Lussick. All got plenty of football left in them.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Close, id say...

13. Lussick

and with Tanginoa and Santi in the side, its possible both of those will be pushing for a bench spot, maybe even push Terepo back to the bench. Im really optimistic about 2014.

Tanginoa is streets ahead of Terepo on first grade performances thus far.

I'm a big fan of Terepo, but he's nowhere near Tanginoa, that guy is the real deal. He's our starting choice right edge backrower next season based on what we've seen so far.

I wonder about Lussick in the 13? He's got the rest of this season to make it his own I guess.

Tanginoa is streets ahead of Terepo on first grade performances thus far.

I'm a big fan of Terepo, but he's nowhere near Tanginoa, that guy is the real deal. He's our starting choice right edge backrower next season based on what we've seen so far.

I wonder about Lussick in the 13? He's got the rest of this season to make it his own I guess.

Generally agree, but Terepeo plays tighter, so won't be surprised if he has plenty of upside left. Good leg speed for a moderately sized weakling.

Springs

First Grade
Close, id say...

13. Lussick

I've become optimistic too after the last two games. I'm not sold on Norman just yet but I think we are buying players in all the right places. And the form of Morgan, Loko, Kelly and Lussick lately have me convinced they can be solid first graders. And the emergence of Pritchard, Tanginoa and Terepo looks promising.

My side would be:
Hayne, Sio, Morgan, Loko, Hopoate, Norman, Kelly
Mannah (c), Peats, Mossop, Hock, Tanginoa, Lussick
Pritchard, Terepo, Allgood, Moi Moi

That side looks good even with an overpaid Sandow playing reserve grade. Once we get rid of him we could actually buy a halfback worth the money or a prop to replace Moi Moi.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
1. Hayne
2. Sio
3. Hoppa
4. Tonga
5. Morgan
6. Norman
7. Sandow / Kelly ( I would go sandow but not sure if Stuart will)
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Allgood
11. Loko
12. Harrison/kelepi
13. Lussick

14. Tba - reckon we need another hooker someone that has some real spark. If not Pritchard but he is still young and learning
15. Hock -
16. Mossop
17. Peni/ fui

Reckon the pommies need some time to easy into the nrl , plus it gives us a strong bench.
We have a few options for prop interesting to see which way Stuart goes.

Last edited:

ParraFan09

Juniors
Kelly has 2 decent games in the #7 and everyone is calling for him to partner norman in the halves next year.
Sandow is a good player playing in a crap team, I think with better player's around him we'll see a better Sandow.

Noise

Coach
Some positive stuff on Peats

A few months ago Pou informed us of his army mate who had taken the eels and then souths (the following year) on an army style training camp where they attempt to break the players. Pou reported (and as expected) the eels were piss weak where as Souths were tough as. I have heard from another source (who is involved with strength and conditioning within the NRL) that Nathan Peats was one of, if not the stand out of the bunch at Souths.

Good stuff

Latest posts