What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

l only saw the 2nd half....

Since 73

First Grade
....thank f**k.

Its a good thing we lost. But it was close...2 mins to go an it looked like we might sneak home.
Which wouldve had all little sharkies go home happy.

Wrong message that woulda been.

That was disgraceful. They think they can drop the ball evry time they try to run it out of their end and still win???
Why wasnt stapleton hooked???...whats the friggin hook for then. I dont care who u put on the wing but you make that dunce walk off and sit sideline for the rest of the game.

Repeat set after repeat set and never looked close to scoring.

Paul Gallen repeatedly standing one pass off the ruck and demanding the ball rather then the playmakers!.....f**k off Gal.
Unfortunately you arent as elusive as you think you are.

And the final try. A winger and cemtre allowing that bloke to run thru and have the ball fall in his arms.....pathetic!

TC didnt hold back in post match interview. Pointed the fi ger of blame squarely at those 2 and said unacceptable.

Luke Lewis hitting the ball up the middle into heavy traffic time after time.

Buy a Ferrari Flanno and use it as work vehicle why dontcha?

Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb....

Feej

First Grade
I thought Gal turned the corner with overplaying his hand last week. Was back to his old self this week trying to win the game single handedly to the detriment of the team. I think he had a couple of bad drops tonight too.

Since 73

First Grade
And kicking it to Uates wing 100% of the time so he could make another 40 metres...
Are we the pioneering new ground in the dumb stakes?

And the deep bomb.
Never tire of watching those. Nothing better than an unchallenged kick.

Farrkin rubbish. Wheres my apology as a supporter.

shadowboxer

First Grade
All and sundry didnt seem to concerned at Presos afterwards...plenty of laughing and back slapping. First time ive been in a few years and it was ordinary. On the game, knights played tough and dirty, we did not. They outmuscled us big time.
We are cannon fodder

spider

Coach
worst part is that the knights had a worse completion rate with far less ball than us

we had an extra 13 sets over them

Griffoshark66

First Grade
All and sundry didnt seem to concerned at Presos afterwards...plenty of laughing and back slapping. First time ive been in a few years and it was ordinary. On the game, knights played tough and dirty, we did not. They outmuscled us big time.
We are cannon fodder

I hate this attitude. These players don't give a shit about the jersey. They care about a fat salary. merkins.

shadowboxer

First Grade
I wandered in there as i couldnt get a beer in the sportsman bar. My mates and I couldnt believe the lack of supporters, even after a loss. Club should do away with it
For the record, Gal won coaches award and gordon got players player....
Lot of uglys down there last night, from both home and newcastle

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
That last try, Wright looked like he was going for the catch, even though it was Feki's ball. Feki hesitated for a split second to let Wright take the ball. When Wright pulled out Feki went for the ball but he was 1 step too slow.

i'd put it down to an impeccably placed kick more than anything.

Frailty

First Grade
I wandered in there as i couldnt get a beer in the sportsman bar. My mates and I couldnt believe the lack of supporters, even after a loss. Club should do away with it
For the record, Gal won coaches award and gordon got players player....
Lot of uglys down there last night, from both home and newcastle

Oh get f**ked!

Surely

Post Whore
That last try, Wright looked like he was going for the catch, even though it was Feki's ball. Feki hesitated for a split second to let Wright take the ball. When Wright pulled out Feki went for the ball but he was 1 step too slow.

i'd put it down to an impeccably placed kick more than anything.

Have to agree wright should have been getting in between gaiboy and feki.

Weaponhead

Coach
Have to agree wright should have been getting in between gaiboy and feki.

Neither Wright nor Feki showed the desperation to deal with the play that is required in a situation like that. Wright needs to use his size and impose himself. I really wish he had an ounce of mongrel and he might make an impact. Feki is like most young players and is getting found out by the week to week demands of NRL.

Newcastle are an ordinary side and we should have dealt with them easily. We kept them in the game because of poor execution and lack of ability to make the decisive play.

Their outside backs murdered ours for impact. Uate and Leilua were hard to handle where as our centres and wingers offered nothing but errors.

Quigs

Immortal
Waynes plan against us on a dewie slippery night.

Kick it deep early, chase the bloody thing and just wait for the errors.

They didnt have to wait long.

End of story

shaggs

Coach
Wayne's plan as per quigs, plus defend your line and give away 2 points if necessary. Kick off deep and repeat.

fizman

Bench
I am now 0/4 watching Cronulla v Newcastle games live.

A couple of points -

1. I thought it was an extremely poor crowd last night at the game. I have no doubt that the players feed off the crowd and I certainly feel that they would have been disappointed with the poor turnout. I thought we would crack 14-15k easily. It was only just over 11k.

2. Jono Wright's Mum did the Welcome to Country which turned out to be very emotional for her and actually subdued the atmosphere substantially in my view. It was quite an uneasy feeling to hear a Mother pour out her loss in such a public arena. Additional to that, both sets of players were out on the field warming up while all of this was happening.

It certainly wasn't a normal way to build up to a football game.

Didnt see the WTC.
Or an be quite a thing.

Anyway....

We had the ball in their 20 for 10 minutes and couldn't score.
Lost. Deserved to.

Coaching and tactics still perplexing.

Latest posts