What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Andrew Fifita break the record for most tries by a prop since 1975?

Fire

First Grade
The most tries a prop has scored in a season is 11 (I think) and the record is held by Harry Eden who accomplished this in 1975 while playing for the Eastern Suburbs Roosters.

I knew Harry, and want his record to stand for as long as possible. But, Fifita is a gun player and the future of what prop forwards will be in our game, so would be happy for him to hold the record.

Fifita has got three tries to go in the last three games.

Will he do it?

Why has the record stood for so long? (There have been plenty of good props between Harry and Fifita capable of breaking this record).

What does this say about the roll of a prop forward these days? (Harry was small for a prop, Jack Gibson used to play him in the centres sometimes. Fifita on the other hand is huge, athletic, and mobile).

Discuss.

Grapple

Bench
More than anything it just shows you how much of a freak Fifita is and how stupid Wests were/are for letting him go. I hope he gets it.

Front-Rower

First Grade
More than anything it just shows you how much of a freak Fifita is and how stupid Wests were/are for letting him go. I hope he gets it.

That was a sheenious decision by the super coach.

If running hard, straight and denting the defensive line indicates an attitude problem I give up.

Burwood

Bench
So did Eden score his tries as a prop or centre? Why don't we shift Simmons, McManus or Taufua into the front row for the remainder of 2013 so they can well and truly beat the record.

Fire

First Grade
So did Eden score his tries as a prop or centre? Why don't we shift Simmons, McManus or Taufua into the front row for the remainder of 2013 so they can well and truly beat the record.

He scored those 11 tries at prop.

DC_fan

Coach
The most tries a prop has scored in a season is 11 (I think) and the record is held by Harry Eden who accomplished this in 1975 while playing for the Eastern Suburbs Roosters..

Sorry to tell you but Harry's record was set when he played for Souths in 1975

mxlegend99

Referee
Let's hope if he does break the record he does so with a legitimate try... :sarcasm:
Poor attempt at trolling. His try was legitimate. Not his fault he is quicker than a winger turned fullback... Actually half the Sharks pack were quicker. Lewis hasnt played on the wing in years and still has him covered for pace :)

Fire

First Grade
If you didn't care who he played for when he established the record then why mention the Roosters in the first place?

Harry was a mentor and friend first.

Like him, I don't have time to check all "facts" and "sources"...and I don't give a shit for them

(I thought you were one of the grown men from the Souths supporters - looks like I mistook you for another pre-teen).

Latest posts