What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Milford - wants release says players agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Brisbane response really should be we cannot entertain any talks or comment until November. Goodbye Mr ayoub.

Adding in "or until your client is no longer under contract".

And until you can provide evidence even suggesting that anything other than the above has happened, that is what we are to assume.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I find the series of events a little too perfect to simply be happenstance. You can pretend to be naive and think the best of your club its no skin off my nose

Tommy Smith

Referee
Nobody is losing their shit frank grimes. I find your naivety somewhat charming. You keep on believing the fantasy mate but not one person believes the Broncos have not been in contact with ayoub over Milford.

Is there a single supporter who doesn't support Brisbane who believes this is all coincidence ?
You would have to either be an imbecile or blindly loyal to believe all of this is merely a coincidence.

The Broncos, who seem to think that personal success is a right rather than something you work for, aren't enjoying back to back average seasons so they're pulling out all stops to overhaul their squad.

They said to Peter Wallace "you're not going to Penrith because you're a part of our plans!" and then, rather mysteriously children, they suddenly changed their minds. They also suddenly wanted to offload Scott Prince despite losing Corey Norman; leaving them Ben Hunt and, umm, Ben Hunt as halves options for 2014.

So clearly something else came along which altered their plans for 2014. I wonder what changed! Here's a theory ...

They've been tapping up Milford like Shillo taps up blondes out on the town. And I can only but wonder what Ayoub is getting out of this ... Let's just say his cupboards probably have a few brown paper bags in them.

This situation is bigger than just Milford. It's about the Raiders as a whole and whether or not the NRL care that 1000's of loyal fans are about to get pissed on from a great height.

If this was Roger Tuivasa-Sheck I'd be absolutely livid, not to mention disillusioned. So here's hoping Halo continues his recovery, Milford stays and the Broncos start making better use of their sizeable junior areas.

You should be happy with getting Barba. Leave it at that you grubs.

Tommy you've hit the nail on the head 100%.

The problem is Ayoub has no legs to stand on now that Halo is in Canberra for 2 weeks staying with Milford. He can't use the "father's health deteriorating" clause anymore because if it was, he wouldn't be able to travel, let alone live, in Canberra for a few weeks!

There's no way this clause will stand up in court, it just depends on whether Milford really wants to go and the club will need to decide what the best thing to do is - force someone who doesn't want to be there to stay.

beads6

First Grade
The bottom line is that Milford wants out. I don't know if his Dad is sick but to me it sounds like Anthony tried to get them to move to Canberra but they tried to but didn't like it. So that sounds like the clause in place isn't really valid to me. Not sure how this plays out. Milford should probably play 2014 in Canberra or sit out the 2014 season.

beads6

First Grade
Have the Broncos officially come out and said anything about Milford? Sounds like it has all been media beat up.

I've been respectful and quiet on this issue and tried to think from a Raiders fans perspective, but this is getting ridiculous.

Other clubs have been doing this shit to Brisbane for years now. Between the years of 2001 to 2003, we lost something like 22 players. Look at the team from 2007: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Brisbane_Broncos_season by 2010, 16 of the players were playing first grade for other NRL teams.

Despite all this, of the 17 named to play round 1 this year, 14 of them played their first FG game for The Broncos. The only ones that didn't were Peter Wallace, Scott Prince and Ben Hannant (who was a Broncos junior in the first place).

The Broncos constantly get raided for their players by other clubs. More than any other club. So everyone can eat a dick because all we are trying to do is compete. Why do we need to be gentlemen in this situation when you all bend us over and f**k us in the ass when given the chance.

"No Milford, we won't take you, it would be really nice if you played for the Raiders forever!" As if. It's time we started buying players like everyone else.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
lmao a broncos fan crying about how hard things are. f**k me talk about a lack of perspective.

Lets have a look at all the advantages the broncos have

1. Access to the second largest rugby league junior region in Australia. Oh noes other clubs have started to pick up players but the Broncos have a huge advantage in SE queensland.

2. The third party loopholes in the salary cap give the Broncos an absurd advantage. The only side that could possibly have it easier is Melbourne in a parallel universe where everyone in Victoria likes Rugby League. Being a one team city and that city being Australias second largest rugby league market is such a large advantage that its almost comical the NRL allows it.

3. The constant stream of friday night games ensure the Broncos get easy access to sponsorship money (see point 2) and their players get maximum recovery time.

Any bronco supporter pulling out the violin is like a billionaire complaining because he has to pay a few cents on the dollar more in tax this year.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
And this is not about the Broncos signing Milford in 2015 which they are free to do (in November) this is about the Broncos engaging in contract tampering that has effectively put a cloud over the season for Raiders fans (and Dogs fans)

Its why other sports actually take this kind of behavior seriously because it sucks for the fans.

lmao a broncos fan crying about how hard things are. f**k me talk about a lack of perspective.

Lets have a look at all the advantages the broncos have

1. Access to the second largest rugby league junior region in Australia. Oh noes other clubs have started to pick up players but the Broncos have a huge advantage in SE queensland.

2. The third party loopholes in the salary cap give the Broncos an absurd advantage. The only side that could possibly have it easier is Melbourne in a parallel universe where everyone in Victoria likes Rugby League. Being a one team city and that city being Australias second largest rugby league market is such a large advantage that its almost comical the NRL allows it.

3. The constant stream of friday night games ensure the Broncos get easy access to sponsorship money (see point 2) and their players get maximum recovery time.

Any bronco supporter pulling out the violin is like a billionaire complaining because he has to pay a few cents on the dollar more in tax this year.

LOL, not crying at all, just replying to your 78 pages of whinging in this thread.

Let me speak on your points:

"1. Access to the second largest rugby league junior region in Australia. Oh noes other clubs have started to pick up players but the Broncos have a huge advantage in SE queensland."

Good point, oh wait no its not. When were other teams banned from recruiting juniors from QLD? The answer is they aren't. Every team has "access" to everywhere.

"2. The third party loopholes in the salary cap give the Broncos an absurd advantage. The only side that could possibly have it easier is Melbourne in a parallel universe where everyone in Victoria likes Rugby League. Being a one team city and that city being Australias second largest rugby league market is such a large advantage that its almost comical the NRL allows it."

Why shouldn't we benefit in some way by being the most professional and the most profitable club? We are the team that is constantly bringing money into the league by having the highest crowd averages every year. Most other clubs aren't cutting it. "oh but brisbane is a one town team, how unfair" well then cut teams in Sydney. Crowds under 10k is ludicrous.

"3. The constant stream of friday night games ensure the Broncos get easy access to sponsorship money (see point 2) and their players get maximum recovery time."

Highest rated team. We follow our team unlike other shitty clubs.

beads6

First Grade
Would it be an issue if Milford wasn't any good?? Clubs seem happy to release players when they don't want them but a player isn't allowed to ask for a release when he is homesick/a family member is sick?

The real issue is that the Raiders and their fans have massive butt hurt over losing a player that is potentially a super star.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I believe we are as profitable as the Broncos last time a comparison was made. Plus it isn't a reward for being professional its a reward for being around a bunch of corporate money and having no competition for it.

If it was just about opening up the wallets the Raiders could certainly do that but because it needs to be in third party sponsorship the Raiders are punished by not being around a lot of corporate money.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Would it be an issue if Milford wasn't any good?? Clubs seem happy to release players when they don't want them but a player isn't allowed to ask for a release when he is homesick/a family member is sick?

The real issue is that the Raiders and their fans have massive butt hurt over losing a player that is potentially a super star.

He is entitled to ask so long as his manager has had no contact with other clubs while he is under contract.

The Raiders are entitled to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts