What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeff Lima: you're worse than the Squirrel Gripper!

voltron

Juniors
an intentional leg twist which is only designed to injure a player is worth more than 1 week.
3-4 weeks and then i would have been satisfied.
one week is pathetic.

compared to some of the other long suspensions given this year.
this was the worst dog act of them all.

lockyno1

Post Whore
How Tafua got away with the shoulder charge I will never know. Sure it looked good but less shoulder charges have been suspended this year,

SaraSassypants

Juniors
I was expecting 3-4. Lima rolling over made it look worse but I just had another look at the replay and I don't think he rolled the leg while he was rolling, he only tugged it. As I said though I was expecting 3-4, thought it was poor.

As for Taufua, it looked like a shoulder charge to me but whatevs no biggie

7jzj.jpg

GONZO72

Juniors
Both Andrew Voss and Greg Alexander, were stunned by the one week ban. They also said that burgess deserved more

If Souths don't win the comp this year(and they won't)..... With the NRL in their corner, they never will.

The NRL remind me of Pakistani umpires, in Pakistan, and Souths are Pakistan , during the 1980's

Fat Krion

Juniors
Both Andrew Voss and Greg Alexander, were stunned by the one week ban. They also said that burgess deserved more

If Souths don't win the comp this year(and they won't)..... With the NRL in their corner, they never will.

The NRL remind me of Pakistani umpires, in Pakistan, and Souths are Pakistan , during the 1980's

Could you imagine the uproar if Greg Inglis was on the receiving end and it ended his season.

Let's say Matai was the perpetrator.

One week ban ?

Me thinks not...

SaraSassypants

Juniors

You should've called up the Triple M Grill team this morning. They were asking for the worlds best conspiracy theories and you clearly think Souths is it. Though they'd probably just laugh at you, like most on here.

GONZO72

Juniors
So now it's illegal to tackle a player below the knees? FMD the game's full of softcocks.

Butters, open your eyes.

He grabbed his lower leg and rolled around and twisted it. The views of Voss and Alexander are spot on. What Lima did was a disgrace.

If it were Matai, as mentioned, and GI was on the receiving end, he'd get 6 weeks.

It's pathetic . It's been happening all year, and it will continue . Souths are the chosen team.
The NRL need them to end, 5 decades of utter garbage . If premierships are won on class and skill, Souths wouldn't come within a bulls roar of winning anything.

They should be 7th-8th, not 2nd. They should have 2 players rubbed out for the season, instead they get a love tap.

Butters

Bench
He was on the ground while holding onto a players leg who was still moving forward, he then repositioned his body so as to maintain his hold. Nothing wrong with it.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
You have no idea Gonzo. If it was Matai he'd have loading so it would've jumped up. Lima has a good record so had a week reduction.

I'd love to know your view on why Souths have received the second LEAST penalties this year if they're supposed to be favoured?

nrlnrl

First Grade
He was on the ground while holding onto a players leg who was still moving forward, he then repositioned his body so as to maintain his hold. Nothing wrong with it.

if that's the case why didn't he fight it ?

A question for you & other Souths fans who don't think there was anything wrong with it - how would you have felt if it was Greg Inglis on the receiving end ?

Butters

Bench
if that's the case why didn't he fight it ?

A question for you & other Souths fans who don't think there was anything wrong with it - how would you have felt if it was Greg Inglis on the receiving end ?

Pleading guilty = less of a charge. No point challenging if it's just 1 week.

I'm not a Souths supporter so if it happened to Inglis i'd still feel the same way.

Latest posts