What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Barba??

Dazzat

First Grade
Hoffman was filling in at right centre in attack recently when Hodges was playing fullback, so I can't see why Hoffman wouldn't excel there either.

Any backline that includes Hoffman, Barba and Milford will be amazing to watch. Throw in a fit Yow Yeh and Hodges and it would be just too awesome.

AceAv

Juniors
"Any backline that includes Hoffman, Barba and Milford will be amazing to watch. Throw in a fit Yow Yeh and Hodges and it would be just too awesome"

Attachments

• tumblr_lyacl3icJL1qb3e6ho1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lyacl3icJL1qb3e6ho1_500.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 9

Dogs Of War

Coach
You obviously haven't seen Barba play in the halves. The bulldogs had him play nsw cup in that role and he plays too much for himself rather than for the team.

beads6

First Grade
I felt sorry for Dogs fans until I saw some of the disgraceful things they have been tweeting Ben. It sucks for them that he is leaving but put yourself in his shoes and I know I'd be moving to be near my kids. Hopefully the Dogs get a decent replacement.

Chainshada

Juniors
Hoffman was filling in at right centre in attack recently when Hodges was playing fullback, so I can't see why Hoffman wouldn't excel there either.

I actually wouldn't mind something similar to that..Hoffman outside Reed in attack then dropping back to fullback in defense..Reed is very strong defensively so he could cover a lot of Barba's tackling, He'd still be taking kick returns from his corner and then popping up where he wants in attack.

Possible win-win for both Hoffman and Barba.

Packy

Bench
I felt sorry for Dogs fans until I saw some of the disgraceful things they have been tweeting Ben. It sucks for them that he is leaving but put yourself in his shoes and I know I'd be moving to be near my kids. Hopefully the Dogs get a decent replacement.

yeah there is f**kheads at every single club. I feel for all the clubs when they lose talent like this. I really feel for the Raiders cos it has been so many over the last few years.

DeeJ

Bench
I actually wouldn't mind something similar to that..Hoffman outside Reed in attack then dropping back to fullback in defense..Reed is very strong defensively so he could cover a lot of Barba's tackling, He'd still be taking kick returns from his corner and then popping up where he wants in attack.

Possible win-win for both Hoffman and Barba.

What's the point of this? Although Barba is small he is a great defensive fullback and has made many try saving efforts on men bigger than him. Leave him at fullback where he plays best and leave Hoffman on the left wing where he has played the best his entire career.

beads6

First Grade
yeah there is f**kheads at every single club. I feel for all the clubs when they lose talent like this. I really feel for the Raiders cos it has been so many over the last few years.

The Raiders have themselves to blame for the likes of Ferguson, Carney and Dugan. They must have a terrible culture down there.

Packy

Bench
I 100% disagree. If you live in Brisbane and leave home every now and then you are sure to have seen a Bronco player acting equally as stupid as those lads. I think young men everywhere are prone to be fkn idiots.. especially when so many treat them as kings.

Every club in every city. Some get found out and some don't. Some sort them selves out before the shit stinks and some never get the chance.

beads6

First Grade
Of course each club has idiots but it is the ability to control them that makes a difference.

AceAv

Juniors
Read an article saying Barbas gonna cost a cool million next year - he's worth it! - really starting to believe it's happening after after reading this:

mobile.news.com.au/breaking-news/canterbury-bulldogs-star-ben-barba-set-to-cost-brisbane-broncos-1-million-for-2014/story-e6frfkp9-1226700930481

Kiwi

First Grade
Read an article saying Barbas gonna cost a cool million next year - he's worth it! - really starting to believe it's happening after after reading this:

mobile.news.com.au/breaking-news/canterbury-bulldogs-star-ben-barba-set-to-cost-brisbane-broncos-1-million-for-2014/story-e6frfkp9-1226700930481

think it was refering to transfer fees or compensation, figure being thrown around is 700k a season, so would be happy with that. I think even forking out a cool mil in compensation would be worth it as well.

Bretto

Bench
Just f*cking get him to the club. I swear to god, if Gee f**ks this up I'm gonna turn vegetarian or something...

Latest posts