What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Premiership trophy re-named

hutch

First Grade
While I agree with the name change, I find this first paragraph nothing more than those chessy "mission statements" you find in company brochures, written by a clown armed with a thesaurus and akin to rabid confabulation.

Not sure if you're talking about me or the nrl, but either way the new commission has done more to set up for the future of rugby league than the previous admin had in the previous 10 years.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Vege, I have to use this one. Is using the word confabulation actually a sign of confabulation?

Interesting. Nice recursive question. You'd think being aware of the meaning of the word would kind of preclude the act it describes, except in the situation where one is deliberately and consciously engaging in the practice. On second thoughts, most uni students engage in a fair bit of confabulation regularly in order to meet word counts. I may or may not have done so in my own uni days (to be honest, my problem was usually to cut down words due to my natural verbosity - I can say in a paragraph what any normal human being could encapsulate in a simple sentence - rather than needing to pad things out).

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I like it. It gives the Trophy an identity, not a brand. And it is an iconic trophy. Much better then that silver piece of shit with streamers the AFL have. It's not just an award, it's a symbol for mateship in the face of tough odds.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Interesting. Nice recursive question. You'd think being aware of the meaning of the word would kind of preclude the act it describes, except in the situation where one is deliberately and consciously engaging in the practice. On second thoughts, most uni students engage in a fair bit of confabulation regularly in order to meet word counts. I may or may not have done so in my own uni days (to be honest, my problem was usually to cut down words due to my natural verbosity - I can say in a paragraph what any normal human being could encapsulate in a simple sentence - rather than needing to pad things out).

What a load of confabulation. :lol:

My new favourite word.

ek999

First Grade
Willow you are a champion (assuming it was you that did all the work. Cheers to any one else that did it too)

For the record I think this is a great move. Is it a big move? No. But it is bringing in a name which can be kept and identified as part of Rugby League, regardless of who is sponsoring us. In 100 years I doubt the competition will be called the Telstra NRL Premiership but teams will still be playing for the Provan-Summons Trophy

Latest posts