What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resting players?

Big Sam

First Grade
Let's face it - we should most likely beat Wests comfortably next week so is there any real need to play our best 17?

Issac and Reynolds have played every match this season. Give them a refreshing week off and bring Keary and Peats into the starting lineup to give them some much needed match practice.

Ditto GI. Best that he has the week off so he takes stress off the knee and is primed for the final 3-5 matches of the season.

It's important that players play every week to maintain some form. I think you will see the likes of Reynolds and Luke start the game but be benched once we have a comfortable lead.

Inglis on the other hand... He just looks injured to me and the less footy he plays before the finals, the better.

Reynolds needs to play I feel,he is returning to top form after a low game against the Storm.The more the better for him.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
We go into the Tigers match thinking we will roll them easily is a recipe for disaster.

Sure they are down on troops and form but you have seen teams lift in these situations before.

They have nothing to lose and it is Benji's 200th and last home game.

That said, we should rest GI and probably Goodwin and/or Walker if he has pulled up injured.

The rest should play, and if we do get in front you can give a few early showers.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Reynolds was off the boil for a few games, so the last two games have been a very welcome turnaround. Inglis is the only player I'd even consider resting and that's less 'resting' and more he's just a bit injured.

saint.nick

Coach
I would rest G.I and Goodwin. G.I is a no-brainer, and Goodwin is important because he provides valuable solidity to your left hand side, which will be needed in the finals. So IMO it would be stupid to risk Goodwin as well. In saying that, you have to be wary of the Tigers. You seemed to have that assumption you would beat Saints, and our awful attack still got us over the line. It seemed a lot like when you thrashed us in 09 due to the context and shock of it all, apart from the scoreline.

Galeforce

Bench
Depending on results this weekend with Storm and Roosters , we may still need ONE win to ensure a home final. As such , a win against the Tigers may be very important and that game should be our focus. The Roosters game may become a non event for Minor premiers if Roosters win this week . If GI knee can improve with rest , rest him for both games. If he requires minor surgery post season to fix the issue , then prefer to rest him for Roosters game . Lets ensure we get the win against the Tigers.

rabbitohs95

Bench
NOw that the Tigers romped St George, i think we need to go all out on this one, maybe if the Roosters win we should rest players.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Let's face it - we should most likely beat Wests comfortably next week so is there any real need to play our best 17?.

Dunno man... We beat you, wests beat us..

Your game against the tigers has 'thrashing' written all over it..

Big Sam

First Grade
NOw that the Tigers romped St George, i think we need to go all out on this one, maybe if the Roosters win we should rest players.

I think you're right. I still think some key players need to be rested. Certainly GI does.

southsport

First Grade
Can't take the tigers lightly, they are still capable of playing good football if the opposition is not focussed.

GONZO72

Juniors
There is no way that Souths should play Inglis. How many times has he gone down during a game with his knee injury? It's getting ridiculous .
The other conundrum is.....if the roosters defeat the sharks and titans in the next 2 weeks, will they rest players against Souths in round 26, as they would have wrapped up the minor premiership ?
And if Souths can't grab top spot, they too, might rest players.

Which could mean the rd 26 clash could be a fizzer.

rabbitohs95

Bench
There is no way that Souths should play Inglis. How many times has he gone down during a game with his knee injury? It's getting ridiculous .
The other conundrum is.....if the roosters defeat the sharks and titans in the next 2 weeks, will they rest players against Souths in round 26, as they would have wrapped up the minor premiership ?
And if Souths can't grab top spot, they too, might rest players.

Which could mean the rd 26 clash could be a fizzer.

I somewhat agree with the Inglis resting, i think the team could get the job done so long as they don't play like they did against St George.

Hopefully the Roosters lose one purely so the Minor Premiership could be contested, i'd hate to see a dead runner game.

GONZO72

Juniors
If the roosters v Souths game decides the minor premiership, 50,000 plus will be in attendance, even though roosters fans don't travel.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Rest GI put Merritt at FB. Rest Sutto put Keary at 5/8. If all goes well move Walker to 5/8 with Keary going to Halfback and bench Reynolds

Ziggy the God

First Grade
If the roosters v Souths game decides the minor premiership, 50,000 plus will be in attendance, even though roosters fans don't travel.

If it is a decider for the MP, I am certain quite a few thousand of their supporters will be there.

It would be the biggest game that has been played between the two sides for eons.

Latest posts