What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

Redback71

First Grade
Just on the footy show apparently the Raiders have offered him the Job of head coach for 7 years @ 1 million per season. :x

T.S Quint

Coach
$1 million I might believe.
But a 7 year contract? They would be out of their minds if they offered that.

well he goes now after 1 year his name is mud in my book and i hope he enjoys his time at the raiders because no one else would touch him after doing the dirty on us after one year.

strider

Post Whore
i hope it's true - i don't have that much faith in ricky :lol:

while it's kinda shit we'd lose yet another coach, honestly I wouldn't die over it if it was HIS choice to piss off - ie not ours giving a coach the arse for a change

and I'd then try and bring back some Smithy + JT combo

strider

Post Whore
This.

Unfortunately a bitterly divided membership runs our club, and as Souths showed, that's not a recipe for success.

#privatise

and maybe end up with a bitterly divided privatisation :thumn

but i agree - too many boards made up of fans who despise eachother have f**ked this club

Chipmunk

Coach
If JR wants Sticky at the Raiders he will make it happen.

I just hope that with all the signings / re-signings that none of them have a get out clause if Sticky isnt the coach. This could lead to the beginning of the end for the Club as alot of the contracts seemed to have been aligned with Sticky's contract end period

Eels Dude

Coach
I don't really believe it. And our club would be stupid to let him out of any contract. Can't see it happening. Though it is Parramatta so nothing really surprises me any more.

hindy111

Post Whore
7 mill vs 1.5 mill....id assume he on rnd 750k at parra.
By rnd 14 next year if we r going badly he gets sacked anf may not get another job.Ricky should leave if true....
Would be ironic thou woth papali and falou and what rickys had to say

IFR33K

Coach
With a talented squad he'd do well. They probably want him down there for his no shit policy, to clean up the culture.

I thnk if sticky is staying he will say so in the presser toda,y. If matt parish does the presser than he is going.

fish eel

Immortal
well he goes now after 1 year his name is mud in my book and i hope he enjoys his time at the raiders because no one else would touch him after doing the dirty on us after one year.

Nonsense. If he gets results at Canberra, he'd still be employable.

In any case, the length of contract plus the money talked about probably means he wouldn't need to work again after the Canberra gig,and I doubt he'd care what parra fan think of him whilst he is counting his cash

Ron Jeremy

Coach
please please please be true - this would be almost be to good to be true.

This is a professional sport, cannot get results asap then piss off - bigger and better sporting comps do it around the world - about time we adopted the same - none of this loyalty bs

Loyalty lol

Latest posts