What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Two things - Ricky aren't anywhere unless the eels agree he is under contract.

Second - I want Ricky to stay but he aren't at a super coach yet, there is no way he is worth a 7 year contract. I hope we don't try and meet raiders offer to keep him , for a little bit then half that price we could get a smith / Taylor combo

Joely01

Bench
No, I don't think it is that simple.

If something gets reported then I suspect that this forum is designed to be a place where people can discuss what has been reported. Just because someone partakes in that discussion it doesn't mean that people 'believe' what gets reported.

I also find it funny that people would try and use this to prove a point that the Footy Show talk gibber. ALL TV shows, news paper articles and magazines deal in gibber designed to get us talking. If you were to average out the accuracy of all league rumours printed or discussed in the media it would be pretty f**king low.

I just find it interesting people are only talking about the one rumour. I have today heard today 2 rumours saying the complete opposite that either Canberra aren't interested or Ricky wants to stay at parra.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I just find it interesting people are only talking about the one rumour. I have today heard today 2 rumours saying the complete opposite that either Canberra aren't interested or Ricky wants to stay at parra.

We already know what Ricky staying at Parra would be like. Why would anyone talk about that?

Loudstrat

Coach
Didnt he knock back a Raiders advance to join us? Besides, he always said it would be a rough year - look at our squad ffs?

If we dumped Sticky there would not be an available coach with the ability to get our 2014 squad into the finals. Those idiots wanting Smith back are very bloody forgetful of what he did with a side stack full of talent that he had when he joined.

The one thing we need to do is to become stable again. Our only hope of that is a mid table finish on about 22+ points in 2014. Quite simply, for our future, we have no other option.

Besides, we owe Canberra for Papali.

Glenn

First Grade
if he were a coach in any other professional league he would've been punted already

Because replacements are knocking down the door.
As Loudstrat mentioned, what the club needs is stability not the dropping of coaches at the drop of a hat.

Joely01

Bench
Didnt he knock back a Raiders advance to join us? Besides, he always said it would be a rough year - look at our squad ffs?

If we dumped Sticky there would not be an available coach with the ability to get our 2014 squad into the finals. Those idiots wanting Smith back are very bloody forgetful of what he did with a side stack full of talent that he had when he joined.

The one thing we need to do is to become stable again. Our only hope of that is a mid table finish on about 22+ points in 2014. Quite simply, for our future, we have no other option.

Besides, we owe Canberra for Papali.

:clap::clap::clap:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
You are either fishing for some bites. Or really don't understand the game of rugby league.

nope no bites, but if we are seriously a professional club we will be turning over every stone and making the hard decisions to make this club better once again

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Because replacements are knocking down the door.
As Loudstrat mentioned, what the club needs is stability not the dropping of coaches at the drop of a hat.

plenty unemployed who not first grade coach presently which i bet my left ball sack would do a better job.