What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

Joely01

Bench
nope no bites, but if we are seriously a professional club we will be turning over every stone and making the hard decisions to make this club better once again

There is not a single coach in the world in any sport that would have had this team successful this year (by successful I mean above a bottom 2 side) if you honestly think Ricky is the blame for this year I'd hate to think what you thought of SK. Probably thought he was the best thing to ever happen to this club.

Avenger

Immortal
If Stuart goes the only person to immediately make an impact is Brian Smith. Full stop, end of discussion. Only him. I'd be calling him tonight.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
There is not a single coach in the world in any sport that would have had this team successful this year (by successful I mean above a bottom 2 side) if you honestly think Ricky is the blame for this year I'd hate to think what you thought of SK. Probably thought he was the best thing to ever happen to this club.

name me one player that has improved his game under Stuart.

It is not about the results as such, it is the players who have become bloody worse a splayers - uou could make an argument that the same players under kearney last year were playing a lot better - our player development has gone backwards - and a good coach would not have us in the position we are in now.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Didnt he knock back a Raiders advance to join us? Besides, he always said it would be a rough year - look at our squad ffs?

If we dumped Sticky there would not be an available coach with the ability to get our 2014 squad into the finals. Those idiots wanting Smith back are very bloody forgetful of what he did with a side stack full of talent that he had when he joined.

The one thing we need to do is to become stable again. Our only hope of that is a mid table finish on about 22+ points in 2014. Quite simply, for our future, we have no other option.

Besides, we owe Canberra for Papali.

Just a reminder - this thread started as a result of rumours that Stuart may be going elsewhere, not rumours that we are sacking him.

This is important context that anyone reading your post should consider.

Joely01

Bench
Brian smith is a great coach hey?
Remember that gun junior we had that was screaming to be picked and he refused to pick him. Step up JT who picked him straight away. The juniors name is Jarryd Hayne, some might know him. The rest is history.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
If Stuart goes the only person to immediately make an impact is Brian Smith. Full stop, end of discussion. Only him. I'd be calling him tonight.

why aren't you on the board avenger in all seriousness? plus we need some eatern euro blood there to shake things up - zero tolerance we are lol

Avenger

Immortal
Brian smith is a great coach hey?
Remember that gun junior we had that was screaming to be picked and he refused to pick him. Step up JT who picked him straight away. The juniors name is Jarryd Hayne, some might know him. The rest is history.

That means shit. So what ? You reckon Hayne wouldn't have played eventually under Smith. Let me tell you something, Smith is only number 2 behind Jack Gibson as the best coach we have ever had. Ever. Smith is twice the coach that Stuart is. I don't care about his premiership with a virtual Australain team. Stuart is a myth. This team has gone backwards under Stuart. It's Stuart's fault.

Joely01

Bench
name me one player that has improved his game under Stuart.

It is not about the results as such, it is the players who have become bloody worse a splayers - uou could make an argument that the same players under kearney last year were playing a lot better - our player development has gone backwards - and a good coach would not have us in the position we are in now.

Terepo, Kelepi, Sio, lussick.

Kearney is a huge reason we are so shit this year. But you fail to blame him for that.
Look past your hatred for Ricky and look at the full picture.

As I said earlier name me a coach who could have avoided a bottom spot this year?

Avenger

Immortal
why aren't you on the board avenger in all seriousness? plus we need some eatern euro blood there to shake things up - zero tolerance we are lol

In all seriousness brother I would love to run. I manage 150 people on a daily basis, how hard could it be? :)

I

Joely01

Bench
That means shit. So what ? You reckon Hayne wouldn't have played eventually under Smith. Let me tell you something, Smith is only number 2 behind Jack Gibson as the best coach we have ever had. Ever. Smith is twice the coach that Stuart is. I don't care about his premiership with a virtual Australain team. Stuart is a myth. This team has gone backwards under Stuart. It's Stuart's fault.

Smith couldn't see one of the best talents to come out of our club.
He scared the shit out of our players before the 01 gf and the 05 semi.
You can honestly tell me SK isn't at fault for this mess?

Avenger

Immortal
Smith couldn't see one of the best talents to come out of our club.
He scared the shit out of our players before the 01 gf and the 05 semi.
You can honestly tell me SK isn't at fault for this mess?

He is but Stuart has made the team even worse. He has not improved them one bit. In any other sport in the world he would already be out on his ear. However we are asked to be patient. Nobody expected the premiership but nobody expected the spoon either. We have it with two rounds to spare and Stuart is fully accountable.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He is but Stuart has made the team even worse. He has not improved them one bit. In any other sport in the world he would already be out on his ear. However we are asked to be patient. Nobody expected the premiership but nobody expected the spoon either. We have it with two rounds to spare and Stuart is fully accountable.

How accountable should the players be in your opinion?

lingard

Coach
Terepo, Kelepi, Sio, lussick.

Kearney is a huge reason we are so shit this year. But you fail to blame him for that.
Look past your hatred for Ricky and look at the full picture.

As I said earlier name me a coach who could have avoided a bottom spot this year?

Yep. And Morgan, Mannah and (strangely) Keating.
People knocking Stuart's coaching ability based on this year`s results are being very reactive. I don't blame them, because it's been a very frustrating few years for us. But I'm dead certain that Stuart's recruitment has been spot-on; and that we will improve drastically next year.
Chin up, lads.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well Stuart had the chance to knock the Raiders rumuors on the head with the press conference. He said "no" when asked had he had contact with the Raiders, but he didnt give you confidence that he was committed to Parra for next year.

I dont think I expect him to be here next year now.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Very accountable but what's happened with them? Why aren't they tackling? Why is there no urgency? Why does Stuart keep picking them?

The answers to your first three questions need to come from the players themselves.

I suspect the answer to your last question is something like "because we don't have any other f**king genuine first graders to choose from".