What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Is Taylor really the best option to replace him???? If we do let Ricky go i'd be chasing Neil Henry.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Honestly I'd go after Kearney.

Now I can see the work he put into the academy starting to pay off, I think he was unfairly judged.

Please come home Stephen.

parra pete

Referee
Stuart will not go to the Raiders until 2016. My info is the Raiders will appoint an interim coach for 2 years, and then get Ricky when his contract at Parra expires...
BUT, I couldn't care less one way or the other.
The NRL has confirmed it is fast becoming a dead set joke, with Clubs being run by people who couldn't run a chook raffle.
However if Ricky was to walk out on a three year deal at Parra, he would find it hard to live with himself, and the NRL SHOULD NOT ALLOW it anyway...same as they should not have let DUGAN sign with St George, or Ferguson, Barba, and Milford to walk away from their obligations...(that just my opinion)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Sorry already posted

I hope this is dealt with quickly , rick needs to make statement he aren't going or is going ( whether it is a rumour or not an offer has been made )

While I doubt he will leave stranger things have happen (des to the dogs after winning GF). I don't want 2014 being another disaster before the season has already started because we don't have a coach. I would prefer if Ricky wants to take offer then he leaves and gives who ever takes over a decent off season to at least do something we our 2014 season.

Last edited:
Stuart will not go to the Raiders until 2016. My info is the Raiders will appoint an interim coach for 2 years, and then get Ricky when his contract at Parra expires...
BUT, I couldn't care less one way or the other.
The NRL has confirmed it is fast becoming a dead set joke, with Clubs being run by people who couldn't run a chook raffle.
However if Ricky was to walk out on a three year deal at Parra, he would find it hard to live with himself, and the NRL SHOULD NOT ALLOW it anyway...same as they should not have let DUGAN sign with St George, or Ferguson, Barba, and Milford to walk away from their obligations...(that just my opinion)
I agree with you Pete.
They thing that concerns me is if Ricky is here for the 2 years and knows he is going to the Raiders how do you think our recruitment will be for 2016? or any players signing on for longer than 2015 if they know he is going and don't know who the new coach is? The NRL in general is giving me the shits at present between the Refs and players wanting out on contracts etc.

Bigfella

Coach
Sharp's quoted response floored me.

Surely that must mean Ricky has told them he's considering an offer.

And indeed surely it also implies there has been some sort of inquiry about Taylor's services? How else could he casually assure a journalist that "if" Stuart goes we would just appoint Taylor?

What the f**k is going on in this joint?

We just got panted by 60 points - half the players we sacked are still contracted for next year and not replaced - for some reason a club going much better than us wants to poach the coach of one of the worst first performed first grade sides of all time - and out chairman seems to think its no drama because there is an assistant coach somewhere who could do the job.

What planet are these merkins on?

emjaycee

Coach

And indeed surely it also implies there has been some sort of inquiry about Taylor's services? How else could he casually assure a journalist that "if" Stuart goes we would just appoint Taylor?

We just got panted by 60 points - half the players we sacked are still contracted for next year and not replaced - for some reason a club going much better than us wants to poach the coach of one of the worst first performed first grade sides of all time - and out chairman seems to think its no drama because there is an assistant coach somewhere who could do the job.

"Planet Orwell"

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

I don't think article was written very well - I think the stuff about Taylor is not a quote from Sharp but from the grill team

broncos2010

Juniors
Ricky's done a great job this season. He needs to stay and finish what he's started.

He should take not insulting you guys but the playing roster at the Raiders are far better then at the eels and will be at least for the next 2-3 years plus the amount of incredible juniors they constantly have coming through in there under 20s system is amazing.

I believe they are really major under achievers with the team they have and I think a guy like ricky that brings that leader attitude would really push them to that premiership challenge.

Utey

Coach

Yep, this is super sh*t.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
If Stuart is even considering it, he isn't 100% committed to us. Bring back JT, who would love to be here. We should have never let him go in 2006 to sign fu*king Hagan.

Bigfella

Coach
I don't think article was written very well - I think the stuff about Taylor is not a quote from Sharp but from the grill team

Actually I'm with you.

I think it was deliberate though - ambiguously positioned the quote to appear that it was attributed to Sharp but I think they are actually quoting Johns who appears to be channelling these forums (and especially Avenger...).

Still like to see / hear some clarification from our mob though?

Sharp is not quoted. I think you're confusing the 'quote' from M Johns or whoever else is on this radio show.

Some speculation on the local ABC radio that the Raiders may consider Tony Smith. Would be a smart move actually....if he were interested.