What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santi seriously? I don't buy that at all. Maybe a bit extra for Peats... maybe... but there should still be around 300k plus that Hock would have been getting that should still be available. If not, that's really just poor cap management.

What don't you buy? Do you think we signed him for nothing? It would not be hard for Hock's expected salary to be largely taken up by Peats and Santi (I didn't say that it was evenly split between the two).

Eels Dude

Coach
What don't you buy? Do you think we signed him for nothing? It would not be hard for Hock's expected salary to be largely taken up by Peats and Santi (I didn't say that it was evenly split between the two).

I don't buy that all of Hock's salary would have to gone to top up Peats and more specifically Santi. I heard Santi was signed for 100k, which was 30k more than the Tigers were offering, and that sounds about right because unless an U20's player is a superstar, you wouldn't pay him more than that on an upgrade into the 25.

Regardless, even if Hock informed the club a month ago he wasn't coming that was still after Peats and Santi were signed, and negotiations would have been going on for weeks before that. Add to the timeline comments from the coach and chairman about hoping to get 3 more signings, I find it hard to believe we are at cap level already for next year. Unless there has been serious mis-mangement again or backloaded contracts. Perhaps those rumours that Hoppa was signed for 850k a season are correct after all.

I don't buy that all of Hock's salary would have to gone to top up Peats and more specifically Santi. I heard Santi was signed for 100k, which was 30k more than the Tigers were offering, and that sounds about right because unless an U20's player is a superstar, you wouldn't pay him more than that on an upgrade into the 25.

Regardless, even if Hock informed the club a month ago he wasn't coming that was still after Peats and Santi were signed, and negotiations would have been going on for weeks before that. Add to the timeline comments from the coach and chairman about hoping to get 3 more signings, I find it hard to believe we are at cap level already for next year. Unless there has been serious mis-mangement again or backloaded contracts. Perhaps those rumours that Hoppa was signed for 850k a season are correct after all.

We knew about Hock about 2 weeks ago, and if the club knew a month before that, then they had scope to start spending the savings.

Chipmunk

Coach
I dare say all future recruiting decisions is dependent upon the status of Ricky Stuart.

I wonder if all of these signings/ re-signings have a 'get out clause' if Sticky is no longer the coach? It is interesting that most of the signings/ re-signings have been done to the end of Sticky's current contract.

I wonder if all of these signings/ re-signings have a 'get out clause' if Sticky is no longer the coach? It is interesting that most of the signings/ re-signings have been done to the end of Sticky's current contract.

I would strongly doubt that ALL of these contracts would have such a clause...but it is certainly possible that one or two might.

Joely01

Bench

It's at the end of Ricky's contract because 2015- 16 will see massive changes in the cap and money in our game. So a player would be silly to sign on for any longer.

TheRam

Coach
Anyone got anything to say about the fact that Parramatta has zero players in the Holden Cup team of the year and our awesome recruiting prowess?

In case you missed it.

Holden Cup Team of the Year:-

Fullback: Jack Ahearn (Canberra)
Wing: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (Penrith)
Centre: Hymel Hunt (Gold Coast)
Centre: Charly Runciman (St George Illawarra)
Wing: Jonathon Reuben (Canberra)
Five-eighth: Samisoni Langi (Sydney Roosters)
Halfback: Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)
Prop: Matthew Lodge (Melbourne)
Hooker: Michael Lichaa (Cronulla)
Prop: Jake Trbojevic (Manly)
Second-Row: Bryce Cartwright (Penrith)
Second-Row: Corey Oates (Brisbane)
Lock: John Asiata (Sydney Roosters)
Interchange: Mitchell Cornish (Canberra)
Interchange: Reagan Campbell-Gillard (Penrith)
Interchange: David Bhana (Warriors)
Interchange: Cameron McInnes (South Sydney)
Coach: Mick Mantelli (Canberra)

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Anyone got anything to say about the fact that Parramatta has zero players in the Holden Cup team of the year and our awesome recruiting prowess?

Disappointing but considering kelepi has either been in the Nrl side or injured, Paulo has been playing Nrl/nsw cup and Pritchard has either been injured or playing a bit of nrl/nsw cup , I don't think it is to bad. If those three spent the whole year in the under 20's it is quite possible they would have made the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts