What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantastic Furniture Parramatta Eels

newmanj

Juniors
Thanks Mario. Didn't see you today.

Lol. Can I say that here or have I blown your cover?

Lol.

Avenger

Immortal
Well said Jason and thanks for your effort. Your contributions are always welcome here, mate.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The FF deal is not dead. Still meeting. The leak was not good. The past, present, and future Board members, need to have a good hard look at themselves, and be able to answer the following questions?

A. Am I on the board to carry out my duties to the members, to the best of my ability, regardless of personal opinions/vendettas/ etc, to ensure the very best outcome for the members. In every single decision.

B. can I contribute to the board a skill that that the club need. Ie. finance, football knowledge, corporate governance, entrepreneurialism, etc.

C. I must not have a conflict of interest, or a gripe to bear. ( leave that one to your imaginations, for fear of offending some)

D. I must "Do the right thing"

E. the club must be profitable. It ensures our future.

F. The members of the board, in my opinion, cannot be factionalized. The board should be united. Disagree vehemently behind closed doors, but be absolutely united in public.

G. What happens in the boardroom, stays in the boardroom!

I am sure there are others, but haven't got time to continue ATM.

Oh, and yes, I am very frustrated and upset with what has and is transpirng.

Thanks

Rant over.

Most of those aren't questions.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He started off strong on the question front but then ran out of steam.

But most interestingly, the sentence "The past, present, and future Board members, need to have a good hard look at themselves, and be able to answer the following questions?" is itself not a question.

I just hope past, present and future board members are clever enough to decipher it all.

newmanj

Juniors
Sorry all. As I wrote, it turned into a rant.

Clearly, didn't read it after I wrote it.

Your a hard crowd.

I will go back into my box.

newmanj

Juniors
Lol. All good.

Actually laying in a hospital bed, writing on my iPad.

More difficult than I thought to type a lucid post.

Not sick btw, just an overnight stay for a sleep apnea test!

Chins up all you eels fans. Better days ahead.

Players, coaches, board members, employees, come and go, but the great loyal eels fans remain!

Btw, FF is really a good fit for the Eels!

Although, I am biased, after all!

strider

Post Whore
where would we be without pou to keep us in check? a bunch of silly merkins no doubt :lol:

very well said/questioned/stated/[whatever term pou thinks appropriate]

great input newmanj.
looking forward to the offical announcement when the eels link up with Fantastic Furniture.
Let's all move forward including the board.