What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ricky Stuart quits Parramatta Eels for Canberra Raiders job

Stagger eel

Staff member
I think the board should demand an answer by next Wednesday and in the meantime prepare for a replacement right away... In other words! Wednesday night stick says I'm outa here...Friday morning JT announced...

It's not difficult... Just do it

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I think the board should demand an answer by next Wednesday and in the meantime prepare for a replacement right away... In other words! Wednesday night stick says I'm outa here...Friday morning JT announced...

It's not difficult... Just do it

Do you think there is any truth the stories ?

Gronk

Staff member
Haven't Canbra denied making him an offer ?

No, Don Furner simply said that he has not spoken to Ricky. We all know that it would come through Fordham anyway.

The delay is that the Raiders have formed a sub-committee to review applicants etc. I suspect that the delay is that they need to be seen to carry out some sort of due diligence as Board members to avoid criticism down the track.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Neil Henry's a better coach than Sticky, but we need stability more than anything. This constant coaching merry-go-round is the main cause of our poor culture. Every time we replace a coach it says all the wrong things to the players.

Also a big no to Jason Taylor. He's very smart but you need to be respected to be a head coach and I don't reckon he is.

Chipmunk

Coach
As much as Sterlo & Co are saying that Sticky is not the type of guy to leave a job unfinished, Sticky has had many opportunities to hold a presser and tell the NRL world how committed he is to the cause.

On the basis that he hasn't then I must conclude that there is a fair chance that he will be released if he wants out.

I don't mind the idea of JT. Time and time again I hear players from the Roosters saying that their shape and attack is all JT. This is confirmed on many occasions by Trent Robinson when he appears in his semi regular spot on NRL360.

Yes, because he really finished the job with the NSW State of Origin side before he left it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I am so over this shit, if Ricky is even thinking about leaving he should go. We want someone who is 100% committed to being here and after the way this season has gone gone it is hardly the end of the world.

Still not sold on Taylor as coach as Pou has said is he respected enough by the players??? No doubt about his footy smarts. I'd be chasing Henry if Ricky decides to do the cowardly thing.

I still can'r believe Ricky hasn't just come out and knocked it on the head if it isn't true.

Gronk

Staff member
I am so over this shit, if Ricky is even thinking about leaving he should go. We want someone who is 100% committed to being here and after the way this season has gone gone it is hardly the end of the world.

Still not sold on Taylor as coach as Pou has said is he respected enough by the players??? No doubt about his footy smarts. I'd be chasing Henry if Ricky decides to do the cowardly thing.

I still can'r believe Ricky hasn't just come out and knocked it on the head if it isn't true.

Funny thing is that I heard him say about 2 weeks ago that he hoped to be at the Eels for 10 years.

Won't he look a merkin if he walks.

Daneel

Bench
Funny thing is that I heard him say about 2 weeks ago that he hoped to be at the Eels for 10 years.

I'd forgotten he said that. I thought It was a couple of months ago but he definitely said it

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Was that before Furner got the bullet???

He looks like a merkin at the best of times but atm he is our merkin so i will stick up for him. But if he does decide to to the harry holt he deserves all the abuse he will get.

E_Cantona

Juniors
Why dont you put her in charge man!
images

784810-julia-gillard.gif

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Just a brain fart - Stuart works for the telecrap with his Sunday article, maybe he is holding back making any announcement so the telecrap can use his Sunday column to sell a few more papers. Hayne has said Stuart has already told the players he is going to finish what he started it is just us fans who aren't sure what is going on.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Neil Henry's a better coach than Sticky, but we need stability more than anything. This constant coaching merry-go-round is the main cause of our poor culture. Every time we replace a coach it says all the wrong things to the players.

Surely the reason it says the wrong thing to the players is because the sacked coach is blamed as the reason, and the players feel like it "isn't my fault maaan".
Having said that,if Ricky were to leave, it wouldn't be because he got sacked, it would be because he left to take another job. And he did that after publicly describing the Eels squad as crap, making sweeping changes through recruitment, and even publicly pulling down the pants of 12 players, and smacking their backsides in front of their peers (while this was happening, Ryan Morgan was hiding in the cupboard and giggling like a schoolgirl).

Also a big no to Jason Taylor. He's very smart but you need to be respected to be a head coach and I don't reckon he is.

I'm not sure that's true Pou? I know he had disagreements with some of the Rabbitohs players, but he was orchestrating a major change in attitude and culture at that club at the time wasn't he?
They scored the spoon in 2003, 2004, and 2006 (1 win away from the spoon in 2005 as well).
They then made the 8 the year he took over.

Sure, his way might have caused some pain, but I don't think you can say he had no respect from the players? Making the 8 two out of 3 seasons, and putting in place a culture change which has allowed the club to grow from perennial spooners to a premiership force this season.

Someone

Bench

has he said that he is considering leaving, or wants to leave?

he cant help it that another club has made him an offer.