What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phil Rothfield

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Can someone go on Twitter and get Gus Gould to call rothfield out on today's article. He says Gould called it a good tackle in commentary when it was a fox game! Disgusting petty individual who is no right to call himself a journalist.

snowdens shoulder charge is somehow the nrls fault because they banned it. Lol what a spastic

AmTOK_yCAAAnDRB.jpg

Just thought I'd put it out there.

He just outright makes stuff up. Can't believe he has a job.

Seriously, did anyone pick up on this in his shoulder charge article

"The only reason players are still using the shoulder charge is that the new rule hasn’t been properly policed.

When Paul Gallen belted Nate Myles in Origin I, the NRL introduced an AFL-style no-striking rule.

One punch and you’re off. The very next Origin game four players were sent to the sin bin for striking opponents.

We haven’t seen a punch since because players know they cannot afford to leave their team a man short. Simple as that."

Completely ignoring that there's been plenty of punches thrown since the ban. What a dickhead

He just outright makes stuff up. Can't believe he has a job.

Seriously, did anyone pick up on this in his shoulder charge article

"The only reason players are still using the shoulder charge is that the new rule hasn?t been properly policed.

When Paul Gallen belted Nate Myles in Origin I, the NRL introduced an AFL-style no-striking rule.

One punch and you?re off. The very next Origin game four players were sent to the sin bin for striking opponents.

We haven?t seen a punch since because players know they cannot afford to leave their team a man short. Simple as that."

Completely ignoring that there's been plenty of punches thrown since the ban. What a dickhead

He strikes me as the sort of bloke who has a passing interest in his own club and origin. He has no f**king idea.

juro

Bench
And then you have today's wonderful opinion piece bagging the NRL for having Parra play the Dragons at Homebush on Monday night.

He even admits that:
1. it was Parra's choice to play this game at Homebush, where last year it attracted 40k.
2. it was Foxtel's choice to schedule the game for Monday night.
3. the NRL are working with the teams to get the game moved back to Parra stadium.

But he has to get the boot in first, of course...

juro

Bench
According to the inside back page of the Telegraph today, the most anticipated NRL season in years is only days away. Man, this preseason seems to have been going on forever!!!

Usain Bolt

Bench
LOL i just came here to post that, I swear everytime he tweets about AFL it is something positive. Never heard him say anything negative about AFL. Does he get a brown paper bag from Vlad?

BuffaloRules

Coach
Pretty typical column from Slothfield today.

He manages to have a crack at David Smith for going to the darts on Friday night, and Luke Brooks for going to the AFL.

Talks up the AFL ratings, and says NRL ratings are down 10% ( which is BS).

Also manages to have a dig at Brian Smith who coincidently had a shot at his boy Gallen earlier this week.

Quality writer, and a positive influence on the game