What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | R25 | Fri | Broncos 18-26 Knights | Suncorp

Round 25: Broncos v Knights

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

no name

Coach
Does this mean we won't hear the dribble of Hadley, Lewis and Lockyer after next week??

Double header on the Saturday night of the first week of semis, we may have two more weeks to endure I think.
I can't wait to work out who Hadley has backed within the first set of the game.

Big Pete

Referee
According to poor old Wal, "Jack Reed is the best defensive centre in the game."

You make it sound like The King called Reed the best centre in the game. Jack doesn't offer too much to the table, but his defence would have to be right up there and I can't think of many better off the top of my head.

It wouldn't even rank in the top 5 bias comments of the night tbh.

Rod did a good job of summing this game up. It was a train wreck, but an entertaining one at that and it was fun to watch because it was easy to pinpoint what moments changed this game. Newcastle were always going to have too many points for the Broncos, if Brisbane had have gone to the sheds 20-0 up it was game over but some poor play mixed with some resilient Knights defence changed the course of the game.

Despite trailing by 8, Newcastle had all the momentum and that showed early in the second half.

Klein continues to show he isn't up to standard, but so did the Broncos.

Spot On

Coach
I'd like to thank Cooper Cronk for the change in refereeing standards the past two weeks. His blatant professional foul on Darius Boyd a few weeks ago now has the refs sending blokes off left, right and centre. Wonder if that incident will come back to haunt the Storm in the finals???

mongoose

Coach
I love that the people of Brisbane complain how biased the nsw channel 9 commentary team are against the broncos. so channel 9 have given them their own cheer squad to listen to. f**k queenslanders are geniuss.

beads6

First Grade
I love that the people of Brisbane complain how biased the nsw channel 9 commentary team are against the broncos. so channel 9 have given them their own cheer squad to listen to. f**k queenslanders are geniuss.

What are you talking about? Wally Lewis and Ray Hadley hate the Broncos you merkin.

Spot On

Coach
What are you talking about? Wally Lewis and Ray Hadley hate the Broncos you merkin.

Poor Wally nearly explodes every time a decision goes against them. The disappointment in his voice is amusing. As one eyed to QLD teams as one can be. It's pathetic at times during the game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
You make it sound like The King called Reed the best centre in the game. Jack doesn't offer too much to the table, but his defence would have to be right up there and I can't think of many better off the top of my head.

Rod did a good job of summing this game up. It was a train wreck, but an entertaining one at that and it was fun to watch because it was easy to pinpoint what moments changed this game. Newcastle were always going to have too many points for the Broncos, if Brisbane had have gone to the sheds 20-0 up it was game over but some poor play mixed with some resilient Knights defence changed the course of the game.

Despite trailing by 8, Newcastle had all the momentum and that showed early in the second half.

Klein continues to show he isn't up to standard, but so did the Broncos.

Tough to disagree with you on all points here Pete

Reedy handled Gagai really well and makes excellent decisions, especially close to his line.

The Broncos have a lot of soul searching to do between now and next season and I dont see al that much improvement in them given their likely 2014 squad. Unfortunately, same can be said of the Knights

Burwood

Bench

Was there some comment from Lewis last night along the lines of the NRL losing players like Folau, but who needs them when you have future superstars like Oates coming through each year?

Big Pete

Referee
Joker's Wild said:
The Broncos have a lot of soul searching to do between now and next season and I dont see al that much improvement in them given their likely 2014 squad. Unfortunately, same can be said of the Knights

Yes, plenty of hard lessons to learn between now and March. With a couple of more changes heading into the off-season both on and off the field, the Broncos will be headed in a better direction but plenty of question marks on whether it will lead to anything meaningful.

I'm probably more optimistic about Newcastle than most Knights fans. Just a matter of getting the most out of their star players and the next generation.

Big Pete

Referee
Beads' view is out-dated.

Lewis used to try extremely hard to be objective, to the point where he'd bag out the Broncos more often than not. This facade expired sometime around 2012, which was coincidentally the year he entered the club's Hall of Fame.

Hadley is Hadley. Spends more time critiquing the referees and talking to his commentators than calling the action.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Beads' view is out-dated.

Lewis used to try extremely hard to be objective, to the point where he'd bag out the Broncos more often than not. This facade expired sometime around 2012, which was coincidentally the year he entered the club's Hall of Fame.

Hadley is Hadley. Spends more time critiquing the referees and talking to his commentators than calling the action.

Probably a fair summary. That & he calls breaks when a player has taken half a step... "and he's away!" then he's tackled pretty comfortably a second later.

Reminds of me of the late, great Tony Greig.... ''That's gone for six... oh wait, he's out!"

Latest posts