What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Utey

Coach
About f*cking time we scored a young half with a bit of promise. Hope he doesn't like the punt.

barrygibb

Juniors
I get really disappointed at the way Parra are going and the ability to lift ourselves out of the abyss.

For too long the recruitment and retention policy has been terrible. Parra have been looking for halves for years and have had one (probably more) under their nose for just as long.

A guy I know has a son who currently plays in the Parra district who has played junior rep footy for Balmain and Captained the Dragons SG Ball side who is currently in the Sharks 20s squad.

This kid is a Parra junior and CAN play. He's tough, clever, great kicking game etc etc. My question is why aren't parra all over this young bloke or kids like him? he is just 18 for god sake Who's looking for these players I'm just over the missed opportunities?

Look around the NRL, 20s etc our ex players are everywhere!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I get really disappointed at the way Parra are going and the ability to lift ourselves out of the abyss.

For too long the recruitment and retention policy has been terrible. Parra have been looking for halves for years and have had one (probably more) under their nose for just as long.

A guy I know has a son who currently plays in the Parra district who has played junior rep footy for Balmain and Captained the Dragons SG Ball side who is currently in the Sharks 20s squad.

This kid is a Parra junior and CAN play. He's tough, clever, great kicking game etc etc. My question is why aren't parra all over this young bloke or kids like him? he is just 18 for god sake Who's looking for these players I'm just over the missed opportunities?

Sounds like a Tragedy.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
:lol: You can be a real merkin sometimes Pou.

Daz is a great judge of talent so this is very good news.

Thanks for the heads up buddy.

Just having a laugh mate. Whenever we sign a player we usually have opposition fans in here telling us how shit they are.

Do the maths. If a disproportionate number of juniors are produced out west, then no matter how good the clubs' development strategies are, there will always be more PArra / Penrith juniors at other clubs than the other way around. Not saying we've done well (we haven't), but simply observing the number of Parra jnrs at other clubs is not evidence in and of itself. Even if we'd made perfect decisions, some of them would have to be at other clubs, given that you can't simply stockpile players.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

If he is that good why have the tigers / dragons not kept him?

jimmy77au

Juniors

As I explained in an earlier post - the Jr identification up until recently was highly ignored by previous coaches.

If he's played for Blamain, Captain Dragon's SG Ball, & is currently in the Sharks 20's Squad - I'd suggest we missed the boat due to the poor talent ID - or he was poached before we'd made an offer. Question is, if he's so good, why has he played at 3 different clubs already?

Delboy

First Grade
I guess if he wants to come to the eels, give the club a ring and ask for Peter Nolan and let him know. There is no doubt that all clubs will upgrade if the player is an improvement

A few of us on here are involved in the junior league, and are aware how identification has improved over the past 18 months, the personnel in the club now are a significant improvement.

franklin2323

Immortal
He's a f**king gun with better ball skills and running game than Brooks and Cornish.

F**k Oath he is. Tore Brooks apart when put 50 on them mid season.

Doesn't drink or Gamble so great off the field. I would rather him then Humble or Wallace. It's a shame we blocked his path with average players

Forty20

First Grade
Penrith have already given him a run in the NSW Cup this year so he is well placed in his development to take control of Wenty and push for first grade from there.

Quality young pick up by the club to go with Bevan French and that-backrower-whose-name-I-can't-remember-that-Stagger-told-us-about and the other backrower, Brendan Santi.

Snoochies

First Grade
Zero Tackle :roll: are claiming Hopoate has a get out clause (doesn't every player) if Stuart leaves. They are claiming 'someone' told them that Stuart will definitely be the Raiders coach next year and Hopoate will look elsewhere but not for a cent less than Parra are paying ($850k) apparently. There were quotes in the article from 'someone' lol.

Funny how Hopoate signed and had super human powers to know Stuart would end up becoming coach and was put into his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.