What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Zero Tackle :roll: are claiming Hopoate has a get out clause (doesn't every player) if Stuart leaves. They are claiming 'someone' told them that Stuart will definitely be the Raiders coach next year and Hopoate will look elsewhere but not for a cent less than Parra are paying ($850k) apparently. There were quotes in the article from 'someone' lol.

Funny how Hopoate signed and had super human powers to know Stuart would end up becoming coach and was put into his contract.

HAHA i was thinking the same when i read that. The Lurker has said Hoppa is having second thoughts/wants out about half a dozen times now..

Last edited:

Eels Dude

Coach
Zero Tackle :roll: are claiming Hopoate has a get out clause (doesn't every player) if Stuart leaves. They are claiming 'someone' told them that Stuart will definitely be the Raiders coach next year and Hopoate will look elsewhere but not for a cent less than Parra are paying ($850k) apparently. There were quotes in the article from 'someone' lol.

Funny how Hopoate signed and had super human powers to know Stuart would end up becoming coach and was put into his contract.

:lol:

Someone

Bench
Hopoate has a get out clause in his contract that if abbott becomes prime minister he can leave and go to another club.

534761-will-hopoate.jpg

art-353-Abbott2-300x0.jpg

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Hopoate has a get out clause in his contract that if abbott becomes prime minister he can leave and go to another club.

Well Ricky had a get-out-anytime-for-no-particular-reason-clause, so I wouldn't be surprised what's in Hoppa's contract. :roll:

spiderdan

Bench
Hoppa wants a new bike...

Contracts = nothing...FMD
if the 16 page letter terry has allegedly sent out has any substance and a new election for club control is called, i hope the ticket he represents has a new bike for hoppa as one of their promises.

i am baffled that someone can call for unity while also calling for a new election. i wish these guys would put their egos aside and work together, whether they're on the board or not, to make our club better. in over thirty years of parra being my team this is the first time i am ashamed to be a supporter of the club, which is pretty huge considering some of the years we had from 87 until brian smith improved the place.

barrygibb

Juniors
As I explained in an earlier post - the Jr identification up until recently was highly ignored by previous coaches.

If he's played for Blamain, Captain Dragon's SG Ball, & is currently in the Sharks 20's Squad - I'd suggest we missed the boat due to the poor talent ID - or he was poached before we'd made an offer. Question is, if he's so good, why has he played at 3 different clubs already?

From what I know he was at Balmain in their top 30 protected palyers list and Dragons ask for his release which he got and went to the saints. He was then targeted at a sharks trial and hence he is now there but remains unsigned. You know as well as I do that players get missed.

I do know another club is currently VERY interested in him so yet again Parra might miss out on an original local junior

franklin2323

Immortal
Penrith have already given him a run in the NSW Cup this year so he is well placed in his development to take control of Wenty and push for first grade from there.

Plays 6 as well. Decent size, Good in defence so really nothing should stop him from making a run at FG next year

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Sandow, Nornan and Kelly should be well ahead of him, but the development of young players is always capable of surprising.

At full strength our Wenty halves should be Evans and Kelly. They will be working behind a very strong NSW Cup pack.

emjaycee

Coach
And the potential strength of the Wenty pack should mean we don't need to see any NYC graduates in NRL next year unless we have a 'tigeresque' injury toll.

or unless they are out and out superstars.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
At full strength our Wenty halves should be Evans and Kelly. They will be working behind a very strong NSW Cup pack.

Potentially

8. Paulo
9. Pritchard
10. Peni
11. Manu
12. Edwards
13. Paulo

14. Harrison
15. Ualesi
16. Alvaro
17. Ryan

Gee we have a few forwards to pick from

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
And the potential strength of the Wenty pack should mean we don't need to see any NYC graduates in NRL next year unless we have a 'tigeresque' injury toll.

or unless they are out and out superstars.

We look short of a back up hook - peats will be in top side but unless Pritchard plays nsw cup we don't really have anyone else in our squad . Is Brendan McKinnon our current nsw cup hooker a option ?

Forty20

First Grade
Potentially

8. Paulo
9. Pritchard
10. Peni
11. Manu
12. Edwards
13. Paulo

14. Harrison
15. Ualesi
16. Alvaro
17. Ryan

Gee we have a few forwards to pick from

This was Pou Pou's crack at Wenty teamlist prior to the signing of Evans. He has Terepo, Edwards and I believe Joseph Paulo pegged for the first grade squad.

1. Somemerkin
2. Radradra
3. Morgan
4. Wiliame
5. Toutai
6. Pewhairangi
7. Kelly
8. Ualesi
9. Pritchard
10. Moimoi
11. Harrison
12. Mau
13. Ryan

14. Santi
15. Ma'afu
16. Paulo
17. Alvaro

(Pending their contract status: Lasalo, Mataele, Vaeau, McKinnon, Moliota and Parata will also be contending for spots for the names in bold, IMO)

The open fullback gig is an interesting one. With Evans pushing Pewhairangi out of the halves he could potentially play there. His running game is his strongest asset, he has a bit of speed and can ball-play but he would be learning the position as he goes.

Sio and Hunt would be the best candidates from the players that we know will definitely be here in 2014 but they are also our best all-round wingers at the moment.

I'm not sure where Jerome MacKenzie stands with the club's future plans but he could be an option as well. However his addition would mean someone else misses out.

We look short of a back up hook - peats will be in top side but unless Pritchard plays nsw cup we don't really have anyone else in our squad . Is Brendan McKinnon our current nsw cup hooker a option ?

Too early for me to make a call on McKinnon but I do like what I've seen so far. Good, consistent service and he plays a decent amount of minutes. It looks like he may have tightened Wenty's ruck defence as well (along with Lasalo and Vaeau). If he sticks around, he will keep Kaysa honest at the very least.

F**k, talking about NSW Cup teamlists is almost as exhilarating as discussion about the 2014 NRL squad. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts