What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and Even More Crap XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

spiderdan

Bench
If Brian were to return in a director of coaching type role I think you'd find his input into the first grade side would be minimal and he'd be setting up and running the operations and structure of the feeder system to ensure the head coach has talent coming through for the future.

People can bag smith all they like but I don't think you can find a better operator in league to set up a club.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.parraeels.com.au/news-display/83804

Message from Interim CEO Matt Phelan

Thursday 5 September 2013 6:00 PM

On Thursday, the Eels Interim CEO Matt Phelan recorded a message to the Blue and Gold Army based on the feedback he's been receiving from Members and fans.

Below is a short summary of his message.

On Monday night I had the privilege of speaking to some of our Members about some of the perceived issues facing the Eels at present.

The number one issue on everyone's lips is around our head coach, Ricky Stuart.

Ricky Stuart has given no indication to me that he will not be coaching at this great club for 2014 and 2015.

He is completely focussed on this weekend's fixture against the Newcastle Knights and all other conversations have been around our pre-season and pre-planning for 2014.

Two: the perceived disharmony and dysfunction of our existing board.

I attend board meetings monthly and I speak to our board members on a day-to-day basis, specifically our Chairman, Steve Sharp.

I have seen no indication that they are not working towards the success of Parramatta in 2014 and beyond.

Every conversation I have with them, whether it be in a board meeting or individually, is focussed on the success of this great club and returning it to the number one football club in the NRL.

An example of this and what they have achieved in a short time, is a return to Parramatta Stadium, and working tirelessly and being a lead player in securing the funds for the upgrade and redevelopment of Parramatta Stadium.

Thirdly: the negative press that's out there in the marketplace at the moment.

What needs to be understood is those peddling that message have no daily, direct involvement with this great club. Everyone who is working at the Parramatta Eels is 100 percent committed to returning your club to its rightful place as the number 1 club in the NRL.

But I don't want to leave you taking about the negatives. I want to talk about the positives that have occurred throughout 2013 and looking forward to 2014.

We've increased our Membership, on the back of our second wooden spoon, by 45 percent to over 17,000 valued Members.

We've increased our junior base by over 11 percent to 7,000 registered members.

We've increased our commercial revenues by in excess of 77 percent and we are deep in discussions with a number of corporate partners for 2014 and beyond.

We've retained players of the calibre of Jarryd Hayne, Jacob Loko and Mitch Allgood, and we welcome to this club the likes of Corey Norman, Will Hopoate, Nathan Peats, Lee Mossop, Brenden Santi and Justin Hunt.

We've signed a major commercial deal and partnership with the Northern Territory government for the next four years, which will see us bring a premiership game to Darwin and a trial game to Alice Springs, and we'll have a 365 day a year presence in the Northern Territory.

Blue and Gold Army, thanks for your time.

Thanks for your support. Let's see the boys get a win over the Knights on the weekend.

Go the Eels!

Bigfella

Coach
Ie if Ricky walks he's a weak merkin and hasn't told us about his plans at this stage.

It's not a bad email but f**k it falls well short on the most important point.

It would be a great email if it said "Ricky will not be going anywhere and is fuy committed to seeing through the significant plans he has put in place".

Avenger

Immortal
Ie if Ricky walks he's a weak merkin and hasn't told us about his plans at this stage.

It's not a bad email but f**k it falls well short on the most important point.

It would be a great email if it said "Ricky will not be going anywhere and is fuy committed to seeing through the significant plans he has put in place".

They obviously suspect he has had contact with them. It's a little difficult when Sticky keeps mute about it. To think Stuart kept saying lets concentrate on the win. You ego maniac just say yes or no FFS!!!

hindy111

Post Whore
They obviously suspect he has had contact with them. It's a little difficult when Sticky keeps mute about it. To think Stuart kept saying lets concentrate on the win. You ego maniac just say yes or no FFS!!!

Even if Rickys stays-How he has gone about this is ordinary.He should of come out and said " Im staying at Parra "

Strike 2 , i give him one for how he handled the 12 players out meeting.

Sorry but wouldnt it be funny if a reporter asked him-What about the rumours? And he says what about canberra...And they say no about you having a sticky dicky:crazy:

JasonE

Bench
Jake Mullaney has just been announced as a new signing for Salford, bit of surprise as i thought he has played ok this season.

The Colonel

Immortal
Thank f**k for that. With Hopoate coming if Hayne only plays Hal the season we are much better covered than having Mullaney in the side.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Jake Mullaney has just been announced as a new signing for Salford, bit of surprise as i thought he has played ok this season.

You must have been drunk early in the games then.

Mullaney has been woefully crap. He's "ok" when it comes to running the ball, but in every other facet of rugby league he's amongst the worst in the comp, if not the standout worst. (ie, he is the worst defensive fullback in any grade across Australia).

If he's going to Salford, it's a "get out of jail free" card for us. We don't need him, even if he was playing for free.

You must have been drunk early in the games then.

Mullaney has been woefully crap. He's "ok" when it comes to running the ball, but in every other facet of rugby league he's amongst the worst in the comp, if not the standout worst. (ie, he is the worst defensive fullback in any grade across Australia).

If he's going to Salford, it's a "get out of jail free" card for us. We don't need him, even if he was playing for free.

Ok running the ball? I assume you are referring to when he is on the end of a sweep play, not running the ball back from a kick. I've never seen a fullback so scared to be tackled.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The only time Mullaney looked decent was the Tigers game when Hayne put him in some yawning gaps and the Tigers defence was absolutely woeful. He is still thr worst fullback i have seen pull on a Parra jersey.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...l-henry-on-radar/story-fnca0von-1226712493908

Parramatta and St George Illawarra have Neil Henry on radar

by: Brent Read
September 06, 2013 12:00AM

DEPARTING North Queensland coach Neil Henry could become the subject of a tug-of-war between Parramatta and St George Illawarra as speculation intensifies over the futures of Ricky Stuart and Steve Price.

Henry, who will end his association with the Cowboys when their season concludes, has also been linked with the Wests Tigers. However, any lingering doubts over Tigers coach Mick Potter have been removed after chairman Mike Bailey revealed the club's board of directors had endorsed the rookie coach for next season.

The same can't be said for the Dragons and Eels. Price is under immense pressure at St George Illawarra as the club conducts an internal and external review of its football operations.

Although he has another year remaining on his contract with the Dragons, the odds are lengthening that he will see it out.

Aside from the disappointing win-loss ratio, the club also saw one of its most promising young players, Jackson Hastings, last week announce he would join the Roosters.
Digital Pass $1

A blow to the Dragons, it also shapes as a sledgehammer hit on Price and his ability to attract and retain quality young players.

As for Stuart, he is expected to make a decision on his future after the Eels' final game of the season against Newcastle on Sunday.

It looks increasingly likely he will join Canberra next season, leaving Parramatta on the look-out for a new coach.

Henry, who has presided over a resurgence that has the Cowboys on the cusp of playing finals football, could come into the equation for the Parramatta job.

Should the Eels opt to look elsewhere - Sydney Roosters assistant Jason Taylor has been mentioned as a potential head coach - the Dragons would have a free run at Henry.

St George Illawarra has also been linked with Tim Sheens but his chances of securing a club job are hurt to some extent by his commitment to the Kangaroos.

Sheens has national commitments until the start of December, meaning any club that hires him would need to begin its pre-season in the hands of someone else.

Henry has no such burden. After being told his services were no longer required in Townsville, he led the Cowboys on a five-game winning streak that has put the club back in the top eight.

He has made no secret of his desire to continue coaching, even if it means as an assistant. Gold Coast had sounded him out about joining its coaching staff but it has since become apparent he is likely to land a head coaching position in the NRL.

While Parramatta, Canberra and the Dragons deal with uncertainty over their coaching futures, the Tigers have ended any doubts over their commitment to Potter.

Potter was under immense pressure during the latter stages of the season but the focus switched in recent weeks away from the Tigers and on to the respective futures of Stuart and Price.

Potter, meanwhile, has watched his side's fortunes improve in recent weeks, first with a victory over the Dragons and then with a fighting performance against South Sydney.

"The board has endorsed him," Bailey said. "He will be there in '14 which I think will be a plus for the team. It's a plus for him too. He's had a pretty tough introduction to things.

"He certainly deserves the endorsement of the board for another chance."

Potter has presided over the Tigers during a season of flux highlighted by the failed contract talks with superstar Benji Marshall, who will play his final

game for the club tomorrow night when the Tigers travel to North Queensland.

At the same time, Potter has blooded a host of youngsters, the brightest and best being halfback Luke Brooks.

He will take charge next season with a revamped coaching structure and a beefed up sports science department.

Most importantly, he will do so with the board's imprimatur.

Delboy

First Grade
It appears that it comes down to simple personal feud, DF has never forgiven Spags for ousting him. Spoke briefly to Roy at the game and got the impression he is taking a backseat, can't say the same for the other personality involved.

I am so pleased that Parrafirst coming into power relegated DF to a back seat NOT, just lets get to Monday, make the announcement and then we can move on, these pelicans have screwed the best supported club in Sydney.

The media are loving this and are making the situation much worse by speculation , seemingly aided by a coach who could have ended it all a month ago. Very disappointed in Ricky's position in all this, unprofessional and damaging , he won't come out of this looking good.

barrygibb

Juniors
I think Brian Smith and Jason Taylor could work together very well. It would be very different to the Lang situation. Also, with Smith getting closer to 60 he might not want the stress of the full time head coach position, but he'd be great at troubleshooting and strategic planning. We'd be lucky to have them both back if Stuart leaves. IMO it would be a step forward.

I'm not sure this Coaching Director rubbish is ever that great an idea. A coach wants to make his own mark not have someone looking over his shoulder all the time. Parra need to fix the board room rubbish FIRST then get an experienced coach who doesn't take any crap to move forward.

IMO then and only then, will the joint move forward. We are the leagues powerhouse and need to show that on field sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts