What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stuart must share some of the blame for Eels' woes but wasn't equipped to do the job

born an eel

Bench
Rusty weights should not affect the way we defend. No excuses.

Saying that you'd think the leagues club could afford to fork out for some decent gun equipment and training facilities instead of funding that dumb useless club at dundas.
But have you seen the new escalators,

born an eel

Bench
Hey Jake. if we didn't have the Vikings then we would have the cash, but then we would still have most of the old board.

I heard their intention was to sell the redundant club and fund the football team, but they became important in the vote at the change of board and now we are stuck.

At least we have Parrafirst :(
so we are blaming the new board that has been in for 5 minutes for not updating the facilities yet :crazy:

wonder what happened to the money from the two blues club, but than selling assets become important in inflating the bottom line to justify the change of board and now we are where we are.

at least we still have Roy on the football board. :p

Delboy

First Grade
Born, I don't ca way who runs the club. I happen to know that the plan wasti use the funds from the sale of a loss making club to find football club upgrades. Apparently the vote was more important than the upgrade, and we are stuck with an ordinary loss making club that Fitzy bought to sell as the land was more valuable than the purchase price.

I have been around a lot longer than you and just want what is best for the Eels, couldn't care less who does what as long as we move forward.

born an eel

Bench
Born, I don't ca way who runs the club. I happen to know that the plan wasti use the funds from the sale of a loss making club to find football club upgrades. Apparently the vote was more important than the upgrade, and we are stuck with an ordinary loss making club that Fitzy bought to sell as the land was more valuable than the purchase price.

I have been around a lot longer than you and just want what is best for the Eels, couldn't care less who does what as long as we move forward.
I find it hard to believe we can not find finance to improve the football facilities without the sale. The old board made so much about the bottom line they were to scared to make hard decisions for the long term betterment of the team. They had payed off some debt so would imagine they could borrow some more if required.

We have supposed to have made something like a $6M profit last year, I wonder what $5M buys these days?

strider

Post Whore
I find it hard to believe we can not find finance to improve the football facilities without the sale. The old board made so much about the bottom line they were to scared to make hard decisions for the long term betterment of the team. They had payed off some debt so would imagine they could borrow some more if required.

We have supposed to have made something like a $6M profit last year, I wonder what $5M buys these days?

not as many liquorice sticks as it once did

eel speel

Juniors
i find it baffling that under brian smith our training facilities were among the best (if not the best) in the nrl. if the article is right about how crap our training, recovery and sports science facilities/departments, then the club needs to pull its finger out and sort things out.

I think if you care to check up Brian smith basically had the same facilities at what is there now. Same training field,same gym, same parra pool, etc. don't know if he had a sports science dept.

eel speel

Juniors
so we are blaming the new board that has been in for 5 minutes for not updating the facilities yet :crazy:

wonder what happened to the money from the two blues club, but than selling assets become important in inflating the bottom line to justify the change of board and now we are where we are.

at least we still have Roy on the football board. :p

Yes we'll said....

eel speel

Juniors
Rusty weights should not affect the way we defend. No excuses.

Yes the rusty weights made the players miss tackles, throw bad passes and not chase the opposition.

Their comes a time and you ve got to take responsibility for what has happened, the coach and the players

bartman

Immortal
Well at least we have some good escalators and (privately operated?) restaurants inside the club now.... that 2008/9 change at Board level was sure worth it :sarcasm:.

El Diablo

Post Whore
our gym can't be too bad if Olympic athletes and others like Danny green used it

we also have a sports science department that is supposedly good according to Roy Masters

this is just excuses

piss poor ones too

Ratchy

Juniors
This thread gives alot of answers to questions why the club is where it is. If it's not pissing and moaning about newspaper articles its getting little 1 up manship by hero who hide behind screen names. Any half decent supporter base should be demanding answers what the boards plans are to rectify the train wreck and not settle for blame games or piss weak interviews/emails.

The current mob need to come up with better ideas than that embarrassing raffle.

born an eel

Bench
The Eels not only have to share the facilities at Parramatta Stadium with A-League's Western Sydney Wanderers,
yeah it must be the facilities, just look how the Wanderers performed using the same equipment.........

Ollie Webb

Juniors
This thread gives alot of answers to questions why the club is where it is. If it's not pissing and moaning about newspaper articles its getting little 1 up manship by hero who hide behind screen names. Any half decent supporter base should be demanding answers what the boards plans are to rectify the train wreck and not settle for blame games or piss weak interviews/emails.

The current mob need to come up with better ideas than that embarrassing raffle.

Agree! What has the current board put in place to rectify the situation?
All we keeep hearing is rumours and innuendo about reviews of the coaching department.
Perhaps there should be a review of the current board itself!
Nothing of any substance has been implemented in the last 5 months.

Oh, sorry! Lets take a trial and a home NRL game to the NT. How many away matches has the Club won in the last two seasons!!

Delboy

First Grade
Well at least we have some good escalators and (privately operated?) restaurants inside the club now.... that 2008/9 change at Board level was sure worth it :sarcasm:.

Pou, you are apparently a smart bloke, the improvements to the club were necessary to bring it on par with other venues

I think you have been in WA, the club had fallen behind Wenty Leagues and Castle Hill RSL, two of its biggest rivals. The work was needed and should have been done under previous watch to ensure patronage wasn't lost

The revenue comes from the club not necessarily from the football side of things, bit harsh there

hineyrulz

Post Whore

Well said as usual Ratchy.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
You poor fools. You blame the new board for this?

They weren't the ones who let us get to where we are today. FMD there are some stupid people around here.

Latest posts