What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2012/13 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

EelsFan05

Bench
Ok away we go. Stuart's going to Canberra, Haynes going to Dogs, Hoppa's not coming, hardest preseason ever etc....

The Colonel

Immortal
Sandow will be the new Owen Craigie.... He'll have stories written about him right across the summer about how he has lost weight, worked through his demons. Funnily enough Owen will appear in at least one story.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hope you merkins stand and remove your hat before putting shit on the prime minister.

There should be a photo of him on the wall of every living room. Next to a photo of the queen.

fish eel

Immortal
I hope you merkins stand and remove your hat before putting shit on the prime minister.

There should be a photo of him on the wall of every living room. Next to a photo of the queen.

I've a photo of Prime Minister Abbott on my desk now.

It's a daily reminder of what I've got to fight against for the next three years.

eels81236

Bench
Somebody gave my front gates at work the Darryl Kerrigan treatment on the weekend.
It's quite bizarre. They've put some slings around them and drove off with the bloody things. They left one sling behind and some decent gouges out of the road when dragging them away and around the corner before stopping to secure their load.
Equally bizarre is the fact that nothing behind the gates has been touched.
I shat a little in my pants before I checked the beer fridge, golf clubs, boat and fishing kayak.
It's like somebody had just watched The Castle and thought "that sounds right up my alley. I'll give that a go". Well played, boys. well played.

Sensai Cobra

Juniors
So with the regular season now over (thank f**k) I've dropped sport and added showcase to my foxtel package.

I'm liking the look of sons of anarchy, breaking bad and ray donovan...

Anything else worth watching?

So with the regular season now over (thank f**k) I've dropped sport and added showcase to my foxtel package.

I'm liking the look of sons of anarchy, breaking bad and ray donovan...

Anything else worth watching?

boardwalk empire, the newsroom, game of thrones whenever it comes back on

strider

Post Whore
I found this interesting ...
http://www.afr.com/p/national/how_kevin_rudd_campaign_unravelled_MUATc7semL7gLrK69U2OvN

Rudd considered to be ...

But the document provided an affirmation that the snapshot of the enemy on which a fighting campaign was based had a context. It listed recognisable symptoms and behavioural patterns linking Rudd’s personality to the clinical symptoms for grandiose narcissism – drawing conclusions about Rudd’s mindset. It also proposed tactics to leverage Rudd’s personality.

Describing grandiose narcissism as less a psychiatric disease and more a destructive character defect, the document suggested Rudd was held together by one key strut: an absolute conviction of intellectual superiority over everyone else. “Kick out that strut and he will collapse; basically he is a self-centred two-year-old in an adult body. Prone to wanting everything – now! If not, then he has a two year-old’s tantrum.”

I reckon it's spot on! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.